1399 users online (263 members and 1136 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Changing forum format and skin? not sure right words

Somewhere on the forum there is a way to change how one reads the forum. I thought it was 'view' but clicking that doesn't do it (don't know what that does LOL) I did it before but cannot remember now how. Please assist with a how-to. TIA

There's a button that says 'Display Modes' on this page just above the post number on the blue line. There are several choices there. I have no idea what they do. That option should be on most if not all pages.

Quote Originally Posted by chicoliving View Post
    There's a button that says 'Display Modes' on this page just above the post number on the blue line. There are several choices there. I have no idea what they do. That option should be on most if not all pages.

Thank you, chicoliving, I see it now. I was looking for it on main forum pages.

whiteangora is offline I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
    I love the new banner but how can I change the forum back to blue?
    TIA
    Neighborhood Watch is...
    NOT the Vigilante Police
    http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...PowerPoint.pdf

same here...and not so wide...it is harder to read now

Not that I am being ungrateful I love this forum
    "A true artist will always be open minded because that's their responsibility." - Lee Quinones

I don't know if this will help, whiteangora and babycat, but my husband put my computer/browser in accessible mode (think that was it) so the site is mainly text. The ads show but they are not the issue.

adnoid & topgunner, you did a beautiful job truly! Just for me bright & contrasting colors pose a problem.

Happy New Year to you All!

ETA I am curious though to know if the Smilies in my post show up as images or text. If someone else posts would you let me know please. TIA

I see your smilies!

Quote Originally Posted by chicoliving View Post
    I see your smilies!

LOL Thank you! I was so embarrassed re PM to you this morning.

Best of New Years to you!

Aww no reason to be embarrassed. Happy New Year to you and yours!

Question

My question is: can we choose our skins for WS V-Bulletin? Adnoid had previously mentioned this as a possibility. I agree with the other poster that this new skin is dark and hard on the eyes. I would like to at least have the brighter default if possible... Thank-you.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

We used to be able to choose our skins, but I can't remember how. Don't know if we can now. I love the new logo, etc., but I think the display is exacerbating my ADD, which I didn't even know I had.

whiteangora is offline I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
    Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    We used to be able to choose our skins, but I can't remember how. Don't know if we can now. I love the new logo, etc., but I think the display is exacerbating my ADD, which I didn't even know I had.
    That's it! The skin, can we change to blue again?
    Neighborhood Watch is...
    NOT the Vigilante Police
    http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigati...PowerPoint.pdf

Um... it is blue for me... blue and gray... I think it's pretty...

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRose99 View Post
    Um... it is blue for me... blue and gray... I think it's pretty...
    Yes, dark blue, and dark grey and the logo is set against a black background, way too much darkness on a PC monitor, even the text boxes are a darker grey, rather than white. Too hard on the eyes and not pretty in my book.
    Adnoid, any help here???
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Have you checked your monitor settings? It's not too dark on my PC.... and believe me... I'm blind as a bat over here! LOL!

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast