Changing forum format and skin? not sure right words

capoly

Reaction score
Somewhere on the forum there is a way to change how one reads the forum. I thought it was 'view' but clicking that doesn't do it (don't know what that does LOL) I did it before but cannot remember now how. Please assist with a how-to. TIA

There's a button that says 'Display Modes' on this page just above the post number on the blue line. There are several choices there. I have no idea what they do. That option should be on most if not all pages.

There's a button that says 'Display Modes' on this page just above the post number on the blue line. There are several choices there. I have no idea what they do. That option should be on most if not all pages.

Thank you, chicoliving, I see it now. I was looking for it on main forum pages.

I love the new banner but how can I change the forum back to blue?
TIA

same here...and not so wide...it is harder to read now:(

Not that I am being ungrateful:) I love this forum

I don't know if this will help, whiteangora and babycat, but my husband put my computer/browser in accessible mode (think that was it) so the site is mainly text. The ads show but they are not the issue.

& topgunner, you did a beautiful job truly! Just for me bright & contrasting colors pose a problem. :crazy: :confused:

Happy New Year to you All!

ETA I am curious though to know if the Smilies in my post show up as images or text. If someone else posts would you let me know please. TIA

My question is: can we choose our skins for WS V-Bulletin? had previously mentioned this as a possibility. I agree with the other poster that this new skin is dark and hard on the eyes. I would like to at least have the brighter default if possible... Thank-you.

We used to be able to choose our skins, but I can't remember how. Don't know if we can now. I love the new logo, etc., but I think the display is exacerbating my ADD, which I didn't even know I had.

We used to be able to choose our skins, but I can't remember how. Don't know if we can now. I love the new logo, etc., but I think the display is exacerbating my ADD, which I didn't even know I had.

That's it! The skin, can we change to blue again?

Um... it is blue for me... blue and gray... I think it's pretty...

Um... it is blue for me... blue and gray... I think it's pretty...

Yes, dark blue, and dark grey and the logo is set against a black background, way too much darkness on a PC monitor, even the text boxes are a darker grey, rather than white. Too hard on the eyes and not pretty in my book.
, any help here???

Have you checked your monitor settings? It's not too dark on my PC.... and believe me... I'm blind as a bat over here! LOL!

I find the new logo and colours fine, but the garish ads make the forum look cheap and tacky.

Like a few others, I'm wondering if there's a way to choose our own skins for the site. It's not aesthetic for me; something in this new look does not agree with my computer at all. Now my screen goes completely crazy whenever I visit WS. It flashes black and white extremely rapidly (like, seizure-inducing fast) and doesn't stop until I can get my screen to not show any of the darker gray in the background of the forum. I love this site and won't be able to visit if I can't make this stop happening.

PS: even scrolling down to click Submit Reply is making this flashing happen. Help! More skins please!

Does anyone use the Firefox browser? It's working nicely. The background is peachy colored. It's not bad on the eyes and no concerns over neurological reaction. Plus, unlike Explorer, images are present, it's not just text.

Does anyone use the Firefox browser? It's working nicely. The background is peachy colored. It's not bad on the eyes and no concerns over neurological reaction. Plus, unlike Explorer, images are present, it's not just text.
Yes, I've switched almost exclusively to FireFox prior to this change, and my monitor has a dark grey background on WS- no peach whatsoever, with dark blue borders.

After redoing the overall site, we need to modify the skins to work with the new layout. When more are ready the drop-down box will show up again, until we do the little fixups they wouldn't work. And football's on, so today's not looking good...

Thanks, nice to know further improvements are on the way. Hated to think I was stuck with this scheme I can't stand, it was discouraging me from sticking around...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back