1240 users online (266 members and 974 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

NC - Ashley Roland, 24, dies of heroin OD, Mebane, 26 Dec 2008

Mebane,North Carolina

A missing two-year-old girl has been safely found but the biggest question facing Alamance County Sheriff's investigators is how and why the girl's mother died.

Ashley Roland, 24, was found dead at her mobile home on Calloway Drive in Mebane Friday evening. Her father reportedly found his daughter's body in her bedroom.

Investigators said there were no signs of physical trauma or sexual assault and have ruled her death suspicious.

One of her neighbors saw deputies bring Roland's body out.

"I wasn't sure what was going on, but it kind of shocked me," said Lorraine Dixon.

The discovery of his daughter's body was compounded by fear when he realized his granddaughter was not in the home.

Investigators said Skylah had left sometime between 11 a.m. and noon Friday with April Gaddis and Jennifer Porter, reported friends of the victim. The toddler was found with the two Saturday morning.

Skylah is now reportedly with her grandparents. Authorities said they questioned Gaddis and Porter today.

Roland's friends said the last time they saw her was on Christmas.

An autopsy is being performed to determine what killed Roland.

http://www.myfoxwghp.com/myfox/pages...d=1.1.1&sflg=1

Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!
    very odd!
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

less0305 is offline The face is familiar, but I can't quite remember my name!
    If the two hadn't seen the mom since Christmas - how did they get the daughter on Friday?? Something isn't adding up.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/most_po...1&provider=top

"Deputies say Carl Roland and two of his friends went to check on his daughter after a woman called him at 6:00 pm Friday. She told him she had his granddaughter and could not reach Ashley Roland. Witnesses told officers they saw two women leaving Ashley Roland's home between 11:00 am and 12:00 pm Friday in a black SUV with her daughter, Skylah Roland."

http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/rol...s_results.html

Maybe it was a drug overdose, or poisoning..?

Quote Originally Posted by less0305 View Post
    If the two hadn't seen the mom since Christmas - how did they get the daughter on Friday?? Something isn't adding up.

That's what I'm wondering. Why didn't they take the baby to her grandparents instead of keeping her and not saying anything. This story isn't making any sense. Hope we get more info soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    http://www.thetimesnews.com/news/rol...s_results.html

Maybe it was a drug overdose, or poisoning..?
    Oh man, it said tox results could take 6 to 8 weeks. I'm not very patient, LOL. Prayers for her family and friends, and for the daughter she left behind.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

Red flags all over this one. Something isn't right at all.

Poor baby will have to face growing up without her mother and I hope someday she will have the answers to those questions she will ask. Bless her little heart.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Update:

2 NC women arrested after companion's heroin death
    January 03, 2009 17:09 EST

MEBANE, N.C. (AP) -- Authorities say two women have been charged with involuntary manslaughter and failing to report a death after a third woman with them died after taking heroin.

Police told WXII-TV that 24-year-old Ashley Roland was found dead Dec. 26 in the bedroom of a Mebane home.

Alamance County deputies say Roland had taken heroin before she died and the two women were with her.

Authorities say 26-year-old Jennifer Porter remains in the Alamance County jail on a $212,000 bond and 24-year-old April Gaddis is behind bars on an $80,200 bail.

Jail officials say neither woman has an attorney.

http://www.wlos.com/template/inews_w...wlos.com.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Tonia View Post
    Update:

2 NC women arrested after companion's heroin death
    January 03, 2009 17:09 EST

MEBANE, N.C. (AP) -- Authorities say two women have been charged with involuntary manslaughter and failing to report a death after a third woman with them died after taking heroin.

Police told WXII-TV that 24-year-old Ashley Roland was found dead Dec. 26 in the bedroom of a Mebane home.

Alamance County deputies say Roland had taken heroin before she died and the two women were with her.

Authorities say 26-year-old Jennifer Porter remains in the Alamance County jail on a $212,000 bond and 24-year-old April Gaddis is behind bars on an $80,200 bail.

Jail officials say neither woman has an attorney.

http://www.wlos.com/template/inews_w...wlos.com.shtml
    There's all the missing pieces

I just hate drugs. It is destroying the fabric of our society!

And the last I read during the Anna Nicole saga there is approximately 24 million that are also addicted to prescription drugs iirc.

Too many are losing their lives way too early.

imoo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Yep. I'm glad they figured this one out so fast. So sad for the daughter and parents left behind.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*