NC - Ashley Roland, 24, dies of heroin OD, Mebane, 26 Dec 2008

Tonia

Reaction score
Mebane,North Carolina

A missing two-year-old girl has been safely found but the biggest question facing Alamance County Sheriff's investigators is how and why the girl's mother died.

Ashley Roland, 24, was found dead at her mobile home on Calloway Drive in Mebane Friday evening. Her father reportedly found his daughter's body in her bedroom.

Investigators said there were no signs of physical trauma or sexual assault and have ruled her death suspicious.

One of her neighbors saw deputies bring Roland's body out.

"I wasn't sure what was going on, but it kind of shocked me," said Lorraine Dixon.

The discovery of his daughter's body was compounded by fear when he realized his granddaughter was not in the home.

Investigators said Skylah had left sometime between 11 a.m. and noon Friday with April Gaddis and Jennifer Porter, reported friends of the victim. The toddler was found with the two Saturday morning.

Skylah is now reportedly with her grandparents. Authorities said they questioned Gaddis and Porter today.

Roland's friends said the last time they saw her was on Christmas.

An autopsy is being performed to determine what killed Roland.

http://www.myfoxwghp.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=DD60989B6BEDB0B1A516E238C3F81B0F?contentId=8152615&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1

If the two hadn't seen the mom since Christmas - how did they get the daughter on Friday?? Something isn't adding up.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/most_popular/article.aspx?storyid=116401&provider=top

"Deputies say Carl Roland and two of his friends went to check on his daughter after a woman called him at 6:00 pm Friday. She told him she had his granddaughter and could not reach Ashley Roland. Witnesses told officers they saw two women leaving Ashley Roland's home between 11:00 am and 12:00 pm Friday in a black SUV with her daughter, Skylah Roland."

If the two hadn't seen the mom since Christmas - how did they get the daughter on Friday?? Something isn't adding up.

That's what I'm wondering. Why didn't they take the baby to her grandparents instead of keeping her and not saying anything. This story isn't making any sense. Hope we get more info soon.

Red flags all over this one. Something isn't right at all.

Poor baby will have to face growing up without her mother and I hope someday she will have the answers to those questions she will ask. :( Bless her little heart.

Update:

2 NC women arrested after companion's heroin death
January 03, 2009 17:09 EST

MEBANE, N.C. (AP) -- Authorities say two women have been charged with involuntary manslaughter and failing to report a death after a third woman with them died after taking heroin.

Police told WXII-TV that 24-year-old Ashley Roland was found dead Dec. 26 in the bedroom of a Mebane home.

Alamance County deputies say Roland had taken heroin before she died and the two women were with her.

Authorities say 26-year-old Jennifer Porter remains in the Alamance County jail on a $212,000 bond and 24-year-old April Gaddis is behind bars on an $80,200 bail.

Jail officials say neither woman has an attorney.

http://www.wlos.com/template/inews_wire/wires.regional.nc/2b1a8dcc-www.wlos.com.shtml

Update:

2 NC women arrested after companion's heroin death
January 03, 2009 17:09 EST

MEBANE, N.C. (AP) -- Authorities say two women have been charged with involuntary manslaughter and failing to report a death after a third woman with them died after taking heroin.

Police told WXII-TV that 24-year-old Ashley Roland was found dead Dec. 26 in the bedroom of a Mebane home.

Alamance County deputies say Roland had taken heroin before she died and the two women were with her.

Authorities say 26-year-old Jennifer Porter remains in the Alamance County jail on a $212,000 bond and 24-year-old April Gaddis is behind bars on an $80,200 bail.

Jail officials say neither woman has an attorney.

http://www.wlos.com/template/inews_wire/wires.regional.nc/2b1a8dcc-www.wlos.com.shtml

There's all the missing pieces :behindbar

There's all the missing pieces :behindbar

I just hate drugs. It is destroying the fabric of our society! :furious:

And the last I read during the Anna Nicole saga there is approximately 24 million that are also addicted to prescription drugs iirc.

Too many are losing their lives way too early.

imoo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back