Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2008.07.15 Revisiting the 911 Calls

Casey calling Lee July 31

Audio : http://www.wesh.com/download/2008/0731/17054524.mp3

Transcript: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=1.1.1

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) -- Transcript of phone call from Casey Anthony to Lee Anthony on 073108 (2:36)

Lee: Hello?

Casey: Hey

Lee: Hey

Casey: How are you?

Lee: Im ok, how are you?

Casey: Im doing alright. I just tried to call the house a couple of times but um, the line was busy the first time and the other two times it just rang and then I got the voicemail so I mean I initially thought someone was home but mom probably doesnt pick up the phone without knowing the numbers.

Lee: To my knowledge they werent home at all today

Casey: Oh ok. Alright, hows everything going? I know we got cut off yesterday. I didnt get a chance to call you back.

Lee: Thats ok, everythings fine, just trying to (Unintelligible)talk with you know as many people as possible right now.
    AUDIO: --Casey Anthony calls her brother Lee from jail, Thursday July 31, 2008
    Casey: Yeah

Lee: So, you know. How is the, that letter coming?

Casey: Um, well when I get a chance actually to write a little bit more, I should be able to do that within the next little bit, since I have some I guess, quote rec time.

Lee: (Unintelligible)

Casey: Huh?

Casey: Lee?

Groan of frustration from Casey.

Call ends

Bertajo, I loved your side comments about Casey.

Good translation for what Casey says and what Casey means. And as you noted, what Casey doesn't talk about--Caylee.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texana For This Useful Post:

Wow - I'm just now reading these transcripts. Just, wow. My hair is standing on end from reading some of that. How cold and selfish can someone be?

It makes me wonder just how many years this crap has been going on with Casey and her family. I've actually known a few people in my life who treated their families like dirt while they acted like royalty, so it's easy to see where this behavior comes from - she was raised as a total brat who was never held responsible for anything.

It makes me sad for that little girl because how confusing her world must have been with such a selfish liar for a mother. How could someone like Casey possibly be a caregiver? Geez.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

Revisiting the 911 Calls of 7-15-08

This is a Clip From CA Phone Call to 911 dispatch. The 3rd Time Around.
    Wonder what went on for 2 hours in the A's house until the 3rd call was made from the 2nd call (They were waiting on the cops from the 2nd call until the 3rd call was placed again about a missing child).

Cindy: I called them two hours ago and they haven't gotten here. Casey finally admitted that (Zenaida) took her a month ago and has been trying to find her.

http://www.acandyrose.com/caylee_ant...Call071508.htm
    Last edited by JBean; 12-31-2008 at 02:39 PM. Reason: title change

Where our Governors actually make our license plates
    Let's see,

Cindy cleans out the car, does a couple loads of laundry, throws some stuff out, LA has a pow wow with KC in the bedroom about the "real truth" and advises LA to go to AL's apt and gather/destroy/crash everything. They had two hours to go on defense mode when they realized that LE was actually coming this time.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pedrosmom For This Useful Post:

Listening to the audio of the three 911 calls, and how the tone of CAs voice changes from calm and professional to sheer panic and desperation because the police still haven’t arrived is utterly heartbreaking to me.

During the previous call, Casey asked for “just one more day” to find Caylee and that tells me CA must have been out of her mind with fear that would happen before the police arrive. IMO if/when the case goes to trial these 911 calls are going to weigh heavily on the minds of the jurors.

While short blurbs of the 3rd call have been heavily tossed around by the media, it’s like watching 10 minutes of a movie......

Perhaps she did tell LA to do things (for their safety) because there was someone out to get her and maybe he did things like erasing her computer, etc because he believed her and thought he needed to to protect the family - not ever believing that KC was behind all of this? It might have never occurred to him that she was the culprit and he thought if he got rid of things it was to get the "bad guys" off their tails.
    Poor Caylee is out of the woods, but you are not KC!!!
    KC, you said you were moving out and getting your own place to live and for once you weren't lying - Home Sweet Jail Cell, LOL!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Chat Noir For This Useful Post:

The calls are all disturbing to me. Maybe Lee was dragged into this, but he was at the home alone when her arrived around 8PM and called Cindy and she stated that Casey and Her were 30 seconds from the house. Now, I would like to know what time did they leave Tony L's house? Where were Cindy and Casey at 8PM? Also, if you notice in the first call made Cindy states that Casey stole her car on June 30th...

Was that not the day it was impounded from Amscott to the town yard?

# Cindy: For stealing an auto and stealing money. I already spoke with someone they said they would patch me through the Orlando, umm, Sheriff's Department have a deputy here. I was in the car, I was going to drive her to the police station and no ones open. They said they would bring a deputy to my home. When I got home to call them.

# Dispatch: So she stole your vehicle?

# Cindy: Yes.

# Dispatch
    : When did she do that?

# Cindy: Umm on the 30th. I just got it back from the impound. I'd like to speak to an officer. Can you have someone come out to my house?

What time was Casey picked up from Tony's?
    What time was the first call made to 911? Second? Third?

911 Calls

This information was listed on a helpfindthemissing.org web site. They are listed as follows:

Call #1 7/15/2008 8:08pm
    Call #2 7/15/2008 8:44pm
    Call #3 7/15/2008 9:41pm

That is a lot of time to come up with what they thought was a "good" cover story and start hiding/covering up evidence.

In light of LE's two recent SWs...I guess the evidence wasn't hidden all that well.

Cindy said, "There is NO evidence." and again...it still is ringing in my ears.

I still maintain that reporting Caylee missing was an "afterthought" on Cindy's part knowing after the first calls that LE would figure out quickly there was a child missing when they arrived on the other calls.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeriouslySearching For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MADJGNLAW View Post
    The calls are all disturbing to me. Maybe Lee was dragged into this, but he was at the home alone when her arrived around 8PM and called Cindy and she stated that Casey and Her were 30 seconds from the house. Now, I would like to know what time did they leave Tony L's house? Where were Cindy and Casey at 8PM? Also, if you notice in the first call made Cindy states that Casey stole her car on June 30th...

Was that not the day it was impounded from Amscott to the town yard?

# Cindy: For stealing an auto and stealing money. I already spoke with someone they said they would patch me through the Orlando, umm, Sheriff's Department have a deputy here. I was in the car, I was going to drive her to the police station and no ones open. They said they would bring a deputy to my home. When I got home to call them.

# Dispatch: So she stole your vehicle?

# Cindy: Yes.

# Dispatch
    : When did she do that?

# Cindy: Umm on the 30th. I just got it back from the impound. I'd like to speak to an officer. Can you have someone come out to my house?

What time was Casey picked up from Tony's?
    What time was the first call made to 911? Second? Third?
    It never made sense to me why she would say KC stole her car. It's pretty obvious the car may be in Cindy's name, but it was for KC's use.

Quote Originally Posted by justanordnryday View Post
    It never made sense to me why she would say KC stole her car. It's pretty obvious the car may be in Cindy's name, but it was for KC's use.
    Cindy was being petty about the car, but it was really all about the $$$$$. More specifically, Cindy got chewed out from her mom for Casey stealing that money and she was coming down on Casey for it.

They could not have charged Casey with stealing that car.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Permission didn't extend to abandonment. She may have wanted to make clear that the car registered to her was in a condition that was not her responsibility, criminally,
    as well.
    Life takes a toll. Please have exact change ready.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tuba For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by justanordnryday View Post
    Cindy was trying to impress upon KC that she would do whatever it took to get her to take her to Caylee. At that point, she realized KC had been lying to her, wasn't where she'd said she was, so Cindy had decided that she was through playing hide the baby. She probably thought KC would cave if she took her to the police station and produce Caylee. I really believe she didn't know that it was too late and KC couldn't produce Caylee, at least not in a form that would make Cindy happy. The police station was closed so Cindy went home, no doubt threatening to call the police again all the way if KC didn't take her to Caylee. Wonder what KC was thinking when they drove close to where she'd dumped the body. She was probably hoping that Cindy would give her another chance, another day, so that she could take off, some how, some way. This one's not much of a planner. Trapped in the house with Cindy, with the police definitely on the table, talking to Lee, she knew she had to come up with something else because her 'one more day' was probably not going to happen. Did she tell Lee? God, I hope not. I hope families don't really protect the murderers of little children. Did Cindy know? I don't think so. KC had probably been toying with a kidnapping story over at Tony's, knowing someday she'd have to explain something to someone, but she's completely disorganized and not the most complete sandwich in the basket, and she didn't have a really good story put together yet, even after she'd known for a month she might need one. She went with it anyway. What else could she do? If Mommy found out what really happend, she'd lose Mommy forever. She hated Mommy, and in a way what happened will make Mommy pay, and Mommy deserves that. What happened was really Mommy's fault any way, so it's kind of 'justice' for Mommy, but it would be the worst thing in the world to lose Mommy, so can Mommy can NEVER know. Just talk, talk and look good, sound confident. The cops are guys, right? Might work. Always did before.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yolorado For This Useful Post:

<<This information was listed on a helpfindthemissing.org web site. They are listed as follows:

Not trashing LE or anything, but geez .... why didn't someone come out the first time she called? And now the meter reader thing with the 3 or 4 different calls. What's up with all that? I understand they're busy and all, but it just seems kind of like pulling teeth to get some attention from them.

<<She probably thought KC would cave if she took her to the police station and produce Caylee>>

I remember seeing CA on a talk show (can't remember which) talking about this very thing. She said she just knew something was really wrong when Casey said "go ahead and take me to the police station". She knew then that Casey was "protecting" them if Casey would rather go to jail than to tell what happened. What a crock.

I always thought the first call was around 5:00 - 5:30 or so. The first call CA made she was IN the parking lot of a LE sub station - that was when she found out they were closed. Now if the first call was made at 8 - well then duh - of course they were closed. I haven't gone back to look at everything - but I could swear CA made the first call closer to 5 or 6 not 8.

<<What happened was really Mommy's fault>>

You're right about that. Remember the jail conversation where Casey actually has the nerve to say it's "not her fault" she's sitting in jail. I think she blames CA for calling the police in the first place.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to weasel For This Useful Post:

The calls were a glimpse into "their" world. The Mother-daughter dynamic, where their animosity to each other resulted in Caylee becoming a pawn.

At the time of the 1st call, CA simply thinks KC is being a "spiteful *****" and not letting GMA see her beloved Caylee, so she calls the cops to up the ante.

The same is true for the 2nd call, as CA realizes that KC will not let GMA see Caylee until "tomorrow" so again CA raises the pot.

By the 3rd call, CA knows Caylee is unaccounted for & in a slip of the tongue let's the world know about the smell of death in the car.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diablo For This Useful Post:

I really think CA thought she could scare or bluff KC into telling her where Caylee was. Also, I think KC thought her mom really would not actually take her to jail, another bluff. I think these two played cat and mouse with each other so much and neither one ever followed through with anything.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Pollywog For This Useful Post:

Respectfully......do you think maybe that this view of things might be somewhat colored by this ongoing and growing monster of a story which started with a "routine" , rather insignificant sounding 911 call (the first one)?
    ....would wager that the dispatcher had heard a lot more serious stuff that day....and LE , also...none of them are "clairvoyant", that I know of..........
    just askin'...........

(this is in response to Weasel...don't know why the post did not show)

32. The Following User Says Thank You to heartfortruth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by weasel View Post
    <<This information was listed on a helpfindthemissing.org web site. They are listed as follows:

Not trashing LE or anything, but geez .... why didn't someone come out the first time she called? And now the meter reader thing with the 3 or 4 different calls. What's up with all that? I understand they're busy and all, but it just seems kind of like pulling teeth to get some attention from them.
    They were non-emergency calls. Would you rather they stopped patrolling Orlando, a huge city, to take a statement about a mother with a recalcitrant child who may have stolen a car that is now back in the possession of its owner or take care of more urgent business that might be going on? They were not calls needing immediate attention. The third call makes a statement about a missing child and kidnapping. Seems to have amped up the attention and the police arrived promptly. We have to resist looking at this through 20/20 hindsight. A missing car that is in the garage isn't urgent. A missing child and the smell of a dead body in the damn car, is.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to debs For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by weasel View Post
    <<What happened was really Mommy's fault>>

You're right about that. Remember the jail conversation where Casey actually has the nerve to say it's "not her fault" she's sitting in jail. I think she blames CA for calling the police in the first place.
    Yep, and I think she blames Cindy for what happened to Caylee too- as in if Cindy hadn't treated KC the way she did, then what happened to Caylee wouldn't have. I think these two are meshed in very, very ugly and dangerous ways, and I think poor Caylee bore the brunt of their dysfunction.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yolorado For This Useful Post:

I went back to look at the time line to see what time Amy was picked up from the Mall by Cindy and did not find that info. Here is where I am heading with this. What was done from the time Cindy sent George to work after the car was brought home and when she contacted Amy, until the police arrived?
    Amy picked up the guys from the airport around 4:30pm on July 15..By that time she had already taken Casey back to Tony L's house per her statement to LE. But Ricardo M. Says: Casey came to the airport July 15 Casey came to the airport. [No time given]
    Page 1305 Lines 6-7 Ricardo M. Interview with LE on 7/25/2008
    http://flawebhosting.net/docs092308/rm092308.pdf

So, where and with who was Casey? What time did Cindy pick up Amy from the Mall?
    What time did they get to Tony L's?
    What time did they leave Tony's?
    Lee stated he was at the home at 8PM July 15 nobody was home so he called Cindy and she told him that Casey and her were 30 seconds away.
    The first call to 911 was at Call #1 7/15/2008 8:08pm
    So confused.

Regarding CA's Phone Calls to LE

Quote Originally Posted by yolorado View Post
    Cindy was trying to impress upon KC that she would do whatever it took to get her to take her to Caylee. At that point, she realized KC had been lying to her, wasn't where she'd said she was, so Cindy had decided that she was through playing hide the baby. She probably thought KC would cave if she took her to the police station and produce Caylee. I really believe she didn't know that it was too late and KC couldn't produce Caylee, at least not in a form that would make Cindy happy. The police station was closed so Cindy went home, no doubt threatening to call the police again all the way if KC didn't take her to Caylee. Wonder what KC was thinking when they drove close to where she'd dumped the body. She was probably hoping that Cindy would give her another chance, another day, so that she could take off, some how, some way. This one's not much of a planner. Trapped in the house with Cindy, with the police definitely on the table, talking to Lee, she knew she had to come up with something else because her 'one more day' was probably not going to happen. Did she tell Lee? God, I hope not. I hope families don't really protect the murderers of little children. Did Cindy know? I don't think so. KC had probably been toying with a kidnapping story over at Tony's, knowing someday she'd have to explain something to someone, but she's completely disorganized and not the most complete sandwich in the basket, and she didn't have a really good story put together yet, even after she'd known for a month she might need one. She went with it anyway. What else could she do? If Mommy found out what really happend, she'd lose Mommy forever. She hated Mommy, and in a way what happened will make Mommy pay, and Mommy deserves that. What happened was really Mommy's fault any way, so it's kind of 'justice' for Mommy, but it would be the worst thing in the world to lose Mommy, so can Mommy can NEVER know. Just talk, talk and look good, sound confident. The cops are guys, right? Might work. Always did before.
    (Bolding mine)

Excellent synopsis, Yolorado. I totally agree.

Thanks,
    Soulscape

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast