FL - Nicole Hammond, 29, dies after falling 16 stories, Orlando, 31 Dec 2008

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
ORLANDO — A resort hotel near Walt Disney World is now a crime scene.
Investigators from the Orange County Sheriff's Office are investigating the falling death of a 29-year-old Florida woman.
Sheriff's deputies say the woman fell 16 stories to her death.
Deputies say the death is suspicious and there are no indications that the woman committed suicide
http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2008/dec/31/woman-dies-after-falling-16-stories-orlando-resort/

In one of the comments to the article linked by the original poster, a woman says she's stayed at that hotel before and wouldn't let her kids near the balcony. She said she could see an accident happening like that.

While it's horrible, I do hope it was a horrible accident and not a murder.

I hope LE grills the boyfriend about that! He heard her scream hmm.. did he make her scream and fall?

These "falls" are horrible because it is tough to prove it was murder without a confession. If he did it, I hope they crack him.

i just know what has been reported so far, BUT here in FL falls from balconies, hotels, etc happen often. Day before New years/spring break/fourth of july, etc someone gets drunk, fools around on the railing, and winds up going over. Its sad but a lot of people come to Florida to party and do stupid stuff. Either way what happened is tragic. I hope its not a murder. But people falling off balconies is pretty common here. Go figure...

i just know what has been reported so far, BUT here in FL falls from balconies, hotels, etc happen often. Day before New years/spring break/fourth of july, etc someone gets drunk, fools around on the railing, and winds up going over. Its sad but a lot of people come to Florida to party and do stupid stuff. Either way what happened is tragic. I hope its not a murder. But people falling off balconies is pretty common here. Go figure...

That is so true. One time my husband and I took a vacation to Florida and we were on the third floor of the hotel. It had a concrete baloney and there was a woman next door to us that climbed up on the rail and was balancing on it. She even balanced on one leg, swaying back and forth, laughing. I was scared to death that she would fall to her death. We called the security guards and by the time they got up there her friends had grabbed her and brought her inside. We saw one of her friends the next day and asked if she was okay. The guy just laughed and said "yeah, except she is nursing a big hangover."

This woman in this case, more than likely screamed when she fell. Even if the boyfriend heard her he would not be able to save her.

imoo

That is great they made an arrest!!

I wonder what LE found or knows that prompted the arrest? IMO, it would be hard to prove it was murder from a fall like that.

I wonder what LE found or knows that prompted the arrest? IMO, it would be hard to prove it was murder from a fall like that.

Hi SuziQ, It had to be something screamed 'You're It' to the police inestigators there on the case.

And it could be anything - something that didn't ji*e time-wise, or she was in the middle of something she wouldn't ha*e stopped doing. Something forensic, like signs of a struggle, or her clothing ripped or bedding out of place, drugs on scene and the BF pretty well *advertiser censored*ked up or hiding something - well it could be so many different things.

I think the police in Florida get a lot of experience in sol*ing crimes and are *ery adept at it. Watch CSI Miama or Burn Notice and you will see. LOLOLOLOL

Go ORANGE COUNTY LE :woohoo: And God bless the family of this gal.

Feb 2009:

The man accused of pushing his girlfriend over the balcony of an Orange County hotel on New Year's Eve was back in court Friday morning. After posting bond, Jonathan Speegle was released from jail Friday afternoon...

He will be required to wear a GPS monitoring system and is limited to seven counties...

The bond motion included a letter from a former girlfriend, saying she never knew him to be violent in any way...

Eyewitness News also learned more Friday about the circumstances at the World Center Marriott. Nicole Hammond was 5-foot-1 and her balcony was 43 inches tall or roughly a yard and fingerprints were found on around the railing. Witnesses also heard the couple arguing prior to Nicole's fall

http://m.wftv.com/news/news/suspect-in-hotel-death-released-on-bond/nJqSW/

July 2009:

An autopsy report released in the murder case of a woman who fell to her death from a hotel balcony says she was intoxicated, but offers few additional clues. Nichole Hammond, 30, of St. Cloud had a blood-alcohol level of 0.18 percent, more than twice the level of presumed intoxication, 0.08 percent, when she died at the Marriott World Center on New Year's Eve, the report says. She was seen arguing with Jonathan Justin Speegle, 27, of St. Cloud, her boyfriend, at the hotel bar shortly before her 16-story fall.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/keyword/speegle/featured/3

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sneetchysneetches