Should Casey Receive Counseling in Jail?

Do you want Casey to receive counseling?

• Yes, I'd like her to receive counseling.

Votes: 115 23.8%
  • No, I don't want her to receive counseling.

Votes: 134 27.7%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 234 48.4%

• Total voters

MissDiva

Reaction score
Please forgive me if I've broken any rule, or if there's already a thread like this, but do you want Casey to receive counseling in jail and if she gets sent to prison?

Unlike many people, I don't believe she's absolutely heartless. I don't like to make "absolute" judgments about people, despite her family's usage of that word. :crazy: I do think that at some point she loved Caylee, and may still love her in some way. I think something happened in her life, or a combination of things happened, to make her the way she is.

I'd like to see her receive counseling so that 1) she may someday reveal the truth of what really happened, 2) she can seek forgiveness, and 3) something can be learned from this to maybe keep it from happening to someone else in the future.

If she is convicted, I hope she finds a way to get through life. If that's with counseling, ok. I do not care whether she ever faces the truth, reveals the truth, seeks forgiveness, or learns anything from what has happened from her child. She will disappear off my radar.

She's a sciopath like my son, wouldn't do one bit of good. Everyone I took my son told me that they were sure he couldn't "fool" them...but guess what he did. I wouldn't waste taxpayer's money. :furious:

I'm the first vote and I'll give my reason: for her to just sit there alone, she is allowed to exist in her own world and answer to no one. Make her see a counselor... one that will not BS around and will try to work to make Casey understand what she has done. One that will stay on her tail about facing up to the truth of the matter. Will it help save her, though... find some ounce of human in her? who knows... but at least she will be made to face it... not be left to to her own world.

Counseling is not recommended for Sociopath's because they have an incurable personality disorder, not a mental illness. The only recommendation for those with incurable personality disorders is incarceration. That seems to have a limited affect on changing their behavior though, but it does protect the public from their predatory ways.

There are studies hoping to find a possible treatment. But they've had extremely limited success.

ETA: I have my doubts about the supposed successes. IMO, it's professionals who have been conned by sociopath's.

Absolutely-counseling for Casey could not hurt. BUT the one thing that we need to remember about counseling, and the counselor will tell you this him/herself: counseling will do NOTHING to help unless the person receiving the counseling believes it will help and actively participates in attempting to make the changes required BY the counseling. Treatments of this nature are not a magic wand. They only work if the counseled are honest and actively involve themselves in their own treatment...

Counseling is not recommended for Sociopath's because they have an incurable personality disorder, not a mental illness. The only recommendation for those with incurable personality disorders is incarceration. That seems to have a limited affect on changing their behavior though, but it does protect the public from their predatory ways.

There are studies hoping to find a possible treatment. But they've had extremely limited success.

Exactly. If she is indeed a socipath, and she does appear to be from all signs and symptoms, then counseling is not going to do a thing for her...except give her another "pawn" to try to manipulate.

Exactly. If she is indeed a socipath, and she does appear to be from all signs and symptoms, then counseling is not going to do a thing for her...except give her another "pawn" to try to manipulate.

Indeed! They view every human they come in contact with as their next target. Like CA saying how quick Casey was to help others. Ha! Casey viewed someone in need as her next easy prey. She helped them alright, to their wallets, credit cards, cars....."Here, let me take you to the airport...let me housesit for you, let me drop that deposit at the bank for you...."

At this stage, before the case goes to trial, I can bet JB wouldn’t let any kind of therapist within 10 miles of Casey if there was any chance she might confess IMO.

There’s goes the entire defense team’s opportunity to perform right out the window.

I could not care less about Casey having counseling or anything else while in prison. I say give her a steady supply of bologna sandwiches and water, clean underwear once a week, and a shower now n then...call it good. She is in jail for a reason. She needs to get used to it. No time like the present!

I hope she sees a counselor. I think she needs to face the truth and ask forgiveness. She really needs to repent. I will be praying that she does so.

Since she doesn't appear to feel she's done anything wrong, I doubt it will help. I assume the counselor load is fairly high and wouldn't really push her to deal with what has happened or see the consequences of her actions. A waste of taxpayer money.

I totally agree. Do I think she needs counseling? Lord knows she needs SOMETHING. Do I think it will help? No, I do not. I agree that she would just see the counselor as another pawn to play with. Do I really care if she gets counseling? Frankly, I could not care less if the monster rots in there.

If anything could be learned about people with what I percieve to be Casey's personality disorder in order to better understand them and work towards a treatment then by all means. That said I do not think that Casey herself will have any use for counseling. I do normally favor rehabilitation and treatment however there are those who are beyond help.

I voted that I don't really care.

I could not care less about Casey having counseling or anything else while in prison. I say give her a steady supply of bologna sandwiches and water, clean underwear once a week, and a shower now n then...call it good. She is in jail for a reason. She needs to get used to it. No time like the present!

SS that is so nice of you, I was thinking give her a clean pair of underwear once a month:rolleyes:

:furious: My compassion for KC destuctive behaviore is drained early on in this investigation. I think abetter idea would be to have the forensic psychologist do every amount of testing on her like a guiene pig to maybe help us understand another sociopath in our mist. I'm sure parents aren't going to let her brain be studied if she gets the death penalty. The only understanding of KC will come from behavioral sciences. This adult woman should not have privelage of counseling until she breaks with some info. I'll take your free counseling and let you know how wonderful it is to release guilt, frustration,ect... :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back