Caylee's Funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.

jujube

Reaction score
LE has said they won't approach the Anthonys again until after Caylee's funeral. Do you think this is an incentive for GA and CA to postpone it indefinitely?

I sure do.

But I also wonder if the details of the private funeral will be kept under wraps until after it takes place. If I were the Anthonys I would definitely do all I could to keep the media from hounding me and making a horrible day even worse.

I just don't think you can leave a body in the funeral home indefinitely.

I may have missed this...but, wasn't the Funeral Home holding Caylee's remains until the Defense Team's Forensic Experts made arrangements to do their own Autopsy?

Or did I miss something and it's already been done?

I may have missed this...but, wasn't the Funeral Home holding Caylee's remains until the Defense Team's Forensic Experts made arrangements to do their own Autopsy?

Or did I miss something and it's already been done?

You missed nothing. :) I was just voicing my opinion about the As postponing indefinitely Caylee's funeral from jujube's post. I just said I don't think you can leave a body in the funeral home indefinitely. After the defense is done she will be returned to the funeral home. Something will have to be done to that poor baby's body, they just can't leave her there.

I think if I were the Grandparents I would have the remains cremated and keep her close to them until the trial is over and there is less attention on them. If the A's decided to bury her later they can do so without the press hounding them.

If they're planning to postpone the funeral indefinitely I think LE will rethink their plans to not interview them until after the funeral.
They are being considerate to wait but if the Anthonys use this to prevent the inteviews from happening that consideration will be withdrawn. I don't put it past the A's to attempt this though.
I'm sure they can postpone the funeral for only a limited amount of time. As others have stated they can't leave her at the funeral home forever waiting to be buried.

LE has said they won't approach the Anthonys again until after Caylee's funeral. Do you think this is an incentive for GA and CA to postpone it indefinitely?

No
I think its a way for Casey to still have control of Caylee.

Casey is still her mom and IMO it would be up to her
to make funeral arrangements or release the body
for the Anthony's to make arrangements.

Yes the Anthony's could hold a memorial but they can not
have access to Caylee's body unless Casey allows it.

It may just be a way for her to continue to hurt her parents....

well, a family friend has a funeral home, after awhile if no one claims a body, I know that he has cremated remains, then after so many years if no one claims the cremated remains, he has a mass legal burial in a shared grave. I believe the state pays for that, no tombstone..........sad. I think the local newspaper once said he had over 100 unclaimed people in his basement of the funral home, and did a page on it. I couldn't believe it! But lots of people do that. I know a lady died last year, her people paid for cremation but have never picked her up yet...........go figure!:mad:

the last funeral thread got locked and went to the parking lot.
So, let's not go there. Happy New Year.

You missed nothing. :) I was just voicing my opinion about the As postponing indefinitely Caylee's funeral from jujube's post. I just said I don't think you can leave a body in the funeral home indefinitely. After the defense is done she will be returned to the funeral home. Something will have to be done to that poor baby's body, they just can't leave her there.

Gotcha! Tending to a sick puppy for the last couple of days... I thought maybe I missed something.

I agree with most...whether it's the Anthony's or the Defense, they will take their lolly-gagging sweet time before this baby is laid to rest...sad:elfroll:

I was thinking of all the other high profile cases, like Jon Benet, she had a proper Christian burial, she was murdered on Christmas!..........and taken to her mom's home town. It was a circus but had to be done. IMO

I think if I were the Grandparents I would have the remains cremated and keep her close to them until the trial is over and there is less attention on them. If the A's decided to bury her later they can do so without the press hounding them.

ITA . Anything they do now would be turned into a circus.Look at the level the protesters went to outside of the A's home.Regardless of how you feel about the family,this should be a time of respect. Your idea makes a great deal of sense.

well, a family friend has a funeral home, after awhile if no one claims a body, I know that he has cremated remains, then after so many years if no one claims the cremated remains, he has a mass legal burial in a shared grave. I believe the state pays for that, no tombstone..........sad. I think the local newspaper once said he had over 100 unclaimed people in his basement of the funral home, and did a page on it. I couldn't believe it! But lots of people do that. I know a lady died last year, her people paid for cremation but have never picked her up yet...........go figure!:mad:
These are extenuating circumstances.They are claiming the body,just postponing the funeral. It would be interesting to know how long the funeral home would be willing to do that.
Wasn't Anna Nicole Smith buried a long while after her death? There were court hearings about who would get her remains and where she would be buried. I think she may have been at the ME's while that was decided,though.

I believe that you can - if you have the remains cremated. O/T I remember in the Marshall case that his wife's cremains were left at the funeral home until after the trial - 3 years later.

I dunno...maybe things have changed.

These are extenuating circumstances.They are claiming the body,just postponing the funeral. It would be interesting to know how long the funeral home would be willing to do that.
Wasn't Anna Nicole Smith buried a long while after her death? There were court hearings about who would get her remains and where she would be buried. I think she may have been at the ME's while that was decided,though.

Anna Nicole delayed burying her son for 45 days while his body remained at the funeral home.

For anyone that missed the article that stated to which funeral home that our Caylee was released to : http://www.news-press.com/article/20081224/CRIME/81224052/1075

She is at Robert Bryant Funeral & Cremation Chapel in Orlando. Her Mother KC is the one that signed the release forms.

Orange County Circuit Judge Stan Strickland granted the request by defense attorneys who say those and other items, such as microscopic slides and autopsy reports, are needed so defense experts can conduct their own autopsy.
Link :http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/local/MI107421/

Has anyone heard if the second autopsy has been scheduled?

I don't know what FL says about remains that are unclaimed and for what amount of time they may remain in the funeral home. I think it's jumping the gun to assume this family would do that with Caylee.

I'm just as mad and upset with their behavior as most people are but I just can't go there inside my own head. Gives me a headache.

I do not think that the Anthony's are delaying Caylee's funeral in order to not speak to LE. I believe the hold up is because of the second autopsy by the Defense Team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth