Identified! OH - Marion Co, Flat Run Creek, 'Luther' WhtMale 22-40, UP4771, Jul'89 - John Kraicinsky

What research has been done on Jack? Would he have a reason to go to Ohio? What were the exact circumstances of his disappearance.

He left in white shoes...UID found in black. And the UID was in a flannel and sweater, in July. That is odd to me.

The stats could certianly line up, I did side by side. The UID is listed as 1 inch taller and the age is a bit off, but those are off by very little, very common w/UID.

DNA is pending on UID... does Jack have DNA in CODIS?

Does Jack have dentals, that is quick and easy compare, UID does have dentals on file if webpage link is accurate.

I would contact agency of both and see what info you can get from each side, explain you may have a possible match and you'd like to compare and also work on comparing with other cases...see what they will tell you. You can ask about dentals and DNA, fractures, scars, ect. ect. anything that can help us rule in or out on both cases.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gordon_oded.html

His mental disabilities could account for the time interval of his disappearance to the discovery of these remains. I think its very possible he could have wandered off. The reconstruction doesn't exactly match Oded Gordon's features from what I can see, but I wander if it is still a possibility?

I think that there is a mistake in the available information on where he was found. From looking here, on Doe, at Atty General's site, etc. They all say in Flat Rock Creek near 309. Further the AG's site says in Caledonia and very near the Marion/Morrow County borders. Google Maps identifies the creek in that location as Flat Run Creek, which is what Namus says, and that seems to be correct. It seems to be east of Caledonia proper, near where 64 comes into 309 from the North. Marion is known for the Marion Correctional facility. Mt. Gilead is just to the south, and there's a pretty big truck stop near there.

I'm guessing he's not too local or he would have been ID'd right away. I'm guessing also that he didn't get there on his own? His attire doesn't make sense for a June day in Ohio, and I checked the weather in June 1989 just to be sure. The late nights got quite cool on some evenings - low fifties, so that would make sense if he went out at night. Why does he have nothing with him (unless that is being held back.) No wallet or house keys or anything?

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...ases/BCI/Marion-County-John-Doe-Bulletin.aspx

New reconstruction, clearer clothing and location information released.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 636281946017762597-JohnDoe1989.PNG
    636281946017762597-JohnDoe1989.PNG
    380.8 KB · Views: 37
From the above Daily Mail link:

3F6C369600000578-4428574-image-a-13_1492697221970.jpg

The location looks like it's about 4 miles east of Caledonia.

3F6BEDAF00000578-4428574-image-a-12_1492696412895.jpg

His ruleouts on Namus https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/4771/details

MP19371 Craig Alexander 01/28/1985 Chittenden VT
MP32359 James Bonelli 04/27/1989 Cuyahoga OH
MP7926 Scott Hilbert 03/13/1988 Clermont OH
MP15627 Jackie Letney 11/01/1986 Fairbanks North Star AK
MP9491 David Mize 04/18/1989 DeSoto MS
MP9041 Jerry Plaster 04/16/1988 Manassas VA
MP1831 Robert Villarreal 05/01/1989 Allegan MI
MP3221 Ronald Vonderheide 05/05/1987 Clermont OH

They just accepted his case at the DNA Doe Project. Marion County also worked with them to solve Dana Lowrey’s identity.
Update from DDP:

"DNA Doe Project Case Announcement: Marion County Ohio John Doe (1989)

The Marion County Sheriff's Office arranged for Marion County Ohio John Doe (1989)’s samples to be sent to the lab in June, and we are currently awaiting results of the extraction.

Who was Marion County Ohio John Doe?
Children playing on a rainy day in July of 1989 found a shoe near Flat Rock Run Creek. Upon further investigation, Marion County Sheriff’s deputies discovered the body of the victim entangled in brush near the creek bank, located behind a home on Harding Highway East (near Highway 309) east of Caledonia, Ohio

Forensic analysis indicated the victim was a Caucasian male, between 22 and 35 years old, approximately 5’9” to 5’10” who weighed around 140 pounds with black or dark brown hair and a slight beard. The unidentified man wore several layers of clothes, including a flannel shirt, a red and black striped short-sleeved shirt, a multicolored knitted sweater, Dakota brand blue jeans, boxers, red socks, and size 9.5 black adidas brand sneakers.
Investigators determined the manner of death for the man they dubbed “Luther” was a homicide.

NamUs #UP4771
Date found: 19 July 1989
Race: White / Caucasian
Sex: Male
PMI: Three weeks

Anyone who believes they have relevant information on this case should contact authorities directly:

Marion County Sheriff's Office
Christy Utley, Lieutenant
740.382.8244 ext. 5120

Links to More Information:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
851UMOH The Doe Network
https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov...-Releases/BCI/Marion-County-John-Doe-Bulletin Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost
Forensic Facial Reconstruction Created for 1989 Marion County John Doe The Mount Vernon Grapevine
DNA Doe Project: http://dnadoeproject.org/case/marion-county-ohio-john-doe-1989/
Agency: Home Marion Sheriff Ohio
Facial approximation image provided by the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation

Many thanks to our thoughtful supporters for their continued support and interest in the DNA Doe Project. As always, we ask that commenters remain respectful to our Does and their families.
Please continue to educate and advocate for transfers to Family Tree DNA and gedmatch.com opt-IN.

#DNADoeProject
#MarionCountyOhioJohnDoe
#MarionCountyOhio
#CaledoniaOhio
#MarionCounty #Ohio
#GEDmatchOptIn #OptIn "

I don’t know if it’s a coincidence or not but DDP is OBSESSED with cases in a Marion county. They have cases in Marion County in Ohio, Kansas, and Montana right now!

I don’t know if it’s a coincidence or not but DDP is OBSESSED with cases in a Marion county. They have cases in Marion County in Ohio, Kansas, and Montana right now!

Lol. Probably coincidence. 17 US States happen to have a Marion County:
Marion County - Wikipedia

It makes sense probability-wise that at least 3 of those Marion counties would have some Doe cases that need solving. Those other cases might also have been noticed when someone was searching a databases for another case. For example, NAMUS lets you search by county name without imputing a state. There are currently 27 Unidentified person cases located in a Marion County: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
The states currently listed with Marion County UID's are: Florida, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, Ohio, Oregon and Tennessee.

One thing I notice is that once DDP solves one case in a county the local LE wants them to solve ALL their cases. Which is a very good thing. I hope they ALL get solved! :D:)

MOO.

Trivial side note--I don't think Marion, MT is a county -- as far as I know, it's a town in Flathead County. Unless they've made a new county since I left home.

His ruleouts on Namus https://www.namus.gov/UnidentifiedPersons/Case#/4771/details

MP19371 Craig Alexander 01/28/1985 Chittenden VT
MP32359 James Bonelli 04/27/1989 Cuyahoga OH
MP7926 Scott Hilbert 03/13/1988 Clermont OH
MP15627 Jackie Letney 11/01/1986 Fairbanks North Star AK
MP9491 David Mize 04/18/1989 DeSoto MS
MP9041 Jerry Plaster 04/16/1988 Manassas VA
MP1831 Robert Villarreal 05/01/1989 Allegan MI
MP3221 Ronald Vonderheide 05/05/1987 Clermont OH

No new names on the exclusions list.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online