905 users online (186 members and 719 guests)  

Websleuths News

The Ozarks

MO - Pamela Ackman, 48, murdered in her Patton home, 30 Dec 2008

The teenager accused of killing his guardian Tuesday in Patton waited to ambush her as she came home from work, police said today.

John W. Wilfong, a 17-year-old accused of shooting and killing his guardian last night in her Patton, Mo., home, was charged this afternoon with first-degree murder and armed criminal action.

Wilfong planned the murder earlier on Tuesday while his guardian, Pamela Ackman, 48, was still at work, according to a probable cause statement written and signed by Cape Girardeau detective Don Perry.

Don't confront me with my failures.....I had not forgotten them.

Jackson Browne

So this boy lived with this couple for 5 years. I wonder why in the world he decided to murder her? This is just happening to often and it is really scary. Parents murdering their children and children killing their parents or guardians.

What a shame to involve the 9 yr old in the murder. He must have looked up to that teenager. It's to bad the guns weren't locked up or maybe they were and he broke the lock. Not a lot of info.

Native Oregonian now in Chicago
    And you wonder why people don't want to be foster parents. So sad.

When I see things like this, I wonder if that 8 y/o in AZ will end up like this boy some day if he is not locked up...

The Ozarks
    It's confusing. When they issued the Amber Alert for the kids last night, they definetly said foster mother. Now they're backing off of that and saying they had custody of Wilfong for the last 5 years.

Sorry for the confusion.

I am going to update my blog with the story and probable cause and pics later after we get back from dinner.

I will link all of it here. I don't know how to post pics here.
    Don't confront me with my failures.....I had not forgotten them.

Jackson Browne

MARBLE HILL, Mo. — A Patton, Mo., teen accused of killing his legal guardian made his first court appearance Wednesday, while the fate of his 9-year-old foster brother remains uncertain, authorities said.
    John W. Wilfong, 17, faces first-degree murder and armed criminal action charges in the slaying of Pamela L. Ackman, a cousin who had been his legal guardian since 2003.
    At an arraignment Wednesday morning in Bollinger County court, Wilfong waived his right to a reading of the charges and Bollinger County Associate Circuit Judge Scott E. Thomsen set the preliminary hearing for 1 p.m. Feb. 17.
    Wilfong showed no emotion during the proceedings, staring straight ahead and rocking back and forth in his seat in the jury box with two other prisoners."

From August 2010:

John W. Wilfong, 18, of Patton, was sentenced Monday for the Dec. 30, 2008, death of 48-year-old Pamela Ackman...

Wilfong had pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and armed criminal action... A motive was not released...

Wilfong was sentenced to 30 years for each charge, to be served consecutively. He could be eligible for parole in just under 30 years.