722 users online (80 members and 642 guests)  

Websleuths News

Some women threaten no sex if men shoot fireworks

ROME (AP) -- Some women in Naples said they won't make love if their men shoot off dangerous fireworks on New Year's Eve. "Se Spari, Niente Sesso" (If you shoot, no sex), as the reported group calls itself, claims to have signed up hundreds of women in the Naples area to combat celebrations that injure or maim hundreds each year.
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...=ENTERTAINMENT

I found my peeps! I'm just in the wrong country.

I hate fireworks of the non-professional variety. They make me a wreck.

Last night we were at a family oriented party and someone started handing out giant sparklers. My family humiliated me by announcing that it was the first time my kids had ever had one.

Of course, then one of the dads dropped one and set the grass on fire briefly, and another kid was wandering around with his burned out (but still glowing hot) stick and almost poked my DH in the crotch. (Karma, baby!)

Then another of the fireworks set a neighbor's lawn on fire - again, just a brief flame, but enough that they had to go stamp it out. What if that had hit a kid or a car or our hosts' brand new roof?

I just do not get it. Dangerous, and they aren't even any good. It's like Darwin's law in action.

Oh man, fireworks are HUGE around here. Every big holiday includes them, and considering most people live on county property there is not much LE can or will do about it. Every 4th of July everyone heads down to the beach and sets them off. Thats the scary one imo, hundreds-if not thousands of people packed onto the beach setting off fireworks with no regards to who they might hit. We went once, and never will again.
    You won't cry for my absence, I know -
    You forgot me long ago. Am I that unimportant...?
    Am I so insignificant...? Isn't something missing?
    Isn't someone missing me?
    Evanescence
    Please take a moment to see Deanna's Age progression here:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    Deanna Merryfield-missing from Killeen,Tx since July 1990
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=106164

Wow. Even this wouldn't work around here. My family does fireworks like crazy. Instead of saving up for Christmas or birthdays, we save up for the 4th of July. Every 4th of July we have the entire family, and a ton of friends here, and we light fireworks from dawn to dusk. We found a few leftovers for New Years Eve this year, too. I'm pretty positive that no threat like this from the females would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho4Groenes View Post
    Wow. Even this wouldn't work around here. My family does fireworks like crazy. Instead of saving up for Christmas or birthdays, we save up for the 4th of July. Every 4th of July we have the entire family, and a ton of friends here, and we light fireworks from dawn to dusk. We found a few leftovers for New Years Eve this year, too. I'm pretty positive that no threat like this from the females would work.
    The Italian guys probably didn't skip a beat and found them a lady that just loves fireworks.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

I bet back home in the Ukraine we just use guns instead of fireworks
    Lashelle

"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy