Shylock

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
For those who missed it elsewhere:

Home Of JonBenet Murder Sells For $1 Million
New Family Says Kids Were Bit 'Freaked Out' At First

The house in Boulder is under contract by Carol Milner, the daughter of "Hour of Power" televangelist Robert Schuller.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/3317401/detail.html

What I find interesting about this is, had we taken a poll last month about what kind of person would be interested in purchasing the HellHole, most of us would have probably agreed the person would have to be on the "strange" and/or "bizarre" side. I think the "daughter of a televangelist" fits nicely into that catagory.

Shylock said:
For those who missed it elsewhere:

Home Of JonBenet Murder Sells For $1 Million
New Family Says Kids Were Bit 'Freaked Out' At First

The house in Boulder is under contract by Carol Milner, the daughter of "Hour of Power" televangelist Robert Schuller.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/3317401/detail.html

Thanks for posting this, Shylock.

I was in Boulder two months ago, and saw the Ramsey house for the first time. We talked to one of the CU students who was a renter. Apparently, there were several of them renting different rooms in the house. He said people came by all the time taking pictures.

What struck me (and has also been mentioned by other people) was how close the Ramsey house was to the other houses around it, including those across the street. I was also impressed with how ugly Patsy's stucco addition to the house really was in contrast to the original Tudor brick. Whoever said it looked like two different houses "stuck together" was right.

Perhaps Carol Milner likes the notoriety of the house ... after all, she's used to celebrity.

Originally, the friends who bought the house so the Ramseys could move "home" to Atlanta said were going to donate any profits above the purchase price to Colorado University. They got lots of nice PR with that statement seven years ago. I wonder if it's still true.

IMO

I agree Cherokee, about the house being so large for the lot and so very close to the street and alley. On TV and in pictures, it looked to be far away from the street, didn't it? I was there last fall but I couldn't tell if anyone were living there or not. Neat that you met an occupant. Wish I had been so lucky!

IMO

Cherokee you are right about how close the houses are. It's really strange. The front yard is so small. It's change alot since 1996. Let me see if I can post my picture of the hell hole.

Cherokee we must have talked to the same guy. He said at least 10 people a day come by to take pictures.

Attachments

• hell hole.jpg
    hell hole.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 65
Stucco additions are typical in the Boulder/Denver area, and because of land values they tend to maximize the lot. I agree it's pretty ugly....just like a lot of other homes done that way. However, Patsy didn't design the addition. It had been expanded twice before they bought it. The remodelling money was spent on he interior--it needed a lot of work, including removing an elevator the previous owners had installed.

The homes are close together, and the area has all kinds of people living there--everything from families to transients and college students. The alley is very dark and narrow....most of the homes are closed off from the alley with high fences and garages. Even the streetlights are pretty low level. Someone lurking around would not be obvious, and around Christmas a lot of people are gone......on vacation.

I think it's great that someone like Carol Milner bought the house---the pagans can make fun of her all you want, but if there is a God, he's sending a message.

Nehemiah said:
I agree Cherokee, about the house being so large for the lot and so very close to the street and alley. On TV and in pictures, it looked to be far away from the street, didn't it? I was there last fall but I couldn't tell if anyone were living there or not. Neat that you met an occupant. Wish I had been so lucky!

Yes, Nehemiah, the TV shots and the still photos had given me the impression it was on a bigger lot and farther away from the street. Several people (such as yourself) had posted about how close the houses were, and how small the lot was, but I still wasn't prepared for the reality of it.

My friend and I were taking photos of the Ramsey house and yard from the back alley, when the garage door opened, and a young man in a red car pulled into the driveway. He was very nice, and when my friend asked if we could come in and see the house, he said he was sorry but he was running late for work. Later, another friend said we should have offered to pay him for a glimpse (and photos) inside the house. I wish I had thought of it at the time. :)

If Carol Milner thinks the level of interest has died off, she's either sadly mistaken, or been mislead. In fact, with John Ramsey running for office, and with bogus stories about Helgoth and the partial DNA being run in the media, I imagine interest in all things Ramsey may increase for awhile.

IMO

Tricia said:
Cherokee you are right about how close the houses are. It's really strange. The front yard is so small. It's change alot since 1996. Let me see if I can post my picture of the hell hole.

Cherokee we must have talked to the same guy. He said at least 10 people a day come by to take pictures.

Thanks for trying to post the picture, Tricia, but it won't open for me. It says I don't have permission to access. I'm taking it personally. ;-)

Maikai said:
I think it's great that someone like Carol Milner bought the house---the pagans can make fun of her all you want, but if there is a God, he's sending a message.
Okay, I'll bite. What the hellhole does this mean? Will I need my foil hat? :)

The message is, good (God) will win over evil. The Ramseys are Christians....they were before the murder, and their faith is even stronger now. Carol Milner isn't just some run of the mill evangelist's daughter---she's the daughter of Robert Schuller---one of the most successful ministries around who has influenced a lot of people with his TV ministry--even nonreligious types, with his power of positive thinking and all that. The Milner family isn't afraid of the evil that went on in the house,when an intruder overnight turned the Ramsey family upside down---not to mention all the other lives & careers this crime touched. Carol Milner was quoted in an article as saying "God will meet us at the door" (or something like that)---they have the courage to transform that house into something good and happy---like before the murder.

Maikai said:
The message is, good (God) will win over evil. The Ramseys are Christians....they were before the murder, and their faith is even stronger now.
Yeah sure Maikai, such good Christians that John couldn't even recite a single scripture from the Bible when he was asked...TWICE no less, once by Lou Smit, and once by a televangelist.....DUH.

Carol Milner is either:
A) Smart enough to know the Ramseys are involved in JonBenet's death and her children have nothing to fear in that house.
B) Stupid enough to think an intruder did it and her kids are safe because the intruder will never return.
C) A moron who thinks "God" will protect her family under any circumstances.

I hope you wear rubber-soled shoes during a lightening storm---I wouldn't want to call someone a moron that has the power of the Crystal Cathedral behind them. Her statement was "whatever happened in that house"....I don't think she has any ideas on that.

Maikai said:
I hope you wear rubber-soled shoes during a lightening storm---I wouldn't want to call someone a moron that has the power of the Crystal Cathedral behind them.
The "power of Crystal Cathedral"???
Yeah...LOL! I'll bet that's just as powerful as Jim Baker's PTL Club before he got caught dicking Jessica Hahn, and almost as powerful as Jimmy Swagert's ministry before he got caught in a motel with a hooker....hahaha.
Oh, and let's not forget Oral Roberts, who God told to lock himself in a tower and not come out until his TV congregation donated 4 million bucks. Now there's REAL Christian power!!!

But at least now it's quite obvious to me why you believe the Ramseys are innocent, Maikai....the Easter Bunny probably told you so.

I drove thru the alley several times. I was surprised that the house sat so close to the alleyway, too. Cherokee, I would have been braver if I had had a friend with me! I was alone and it was getting dark both days that I was there. I had a creepy kind of feeling even though I am not one to be easily spooked.

I expect that people will continue to drive by and look. Perhaps, though, if a family moves in and assumes normal life there, it won't look so sinister a place.

IMO

I never knew the house number was changed! Why would someone bother to do that?? You can't "hide" a house that big or infamous!!!!!!!!

messiecake said:
I never knew the house number was changed! Why would someone bother to do that?? You can't "hide" a house that big or infamous!!!!!!!!

Yeah, for anyone who has seen a picture of it, it is easy to locate. Must be symbolic, to give the new occupants a little distance.

So let's go down and play in the basement. You bring the pens, and I'll bring the paper...Ewwwwwwhhhhieeee!!

So, where was God when JB needed her? :cool:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth