CA CA - Tiffany Roberts, 3, Carson, 10 Sept 2000

Blackwatch

Former Member
Reaction score
I've searched the entire forum and can't find anything on this child. I've also searched the web and can't find anything. This child has been forgotten, or so it seems. The only place I can find her is:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/roberts_tiffany.html

I have a lot of listings for missing African American youngsters, but not so many UIDs in the same category. Anyone interested in comparing notes with me?

roberts_tiffany.jpg

Wow Blackwatch - you are right - there is no info on this child! The very little on the Charleyproject listing seems to imply mom might have had something to do with her missing.

I couldn't even find her in the Missing Child database.

Where do you want to start with this one? It seems calling the LE office for more info and maybe the local newspaper for any archives?

Salem

Wow Blackwatch - you are right - there is no info on this child! The very little on the Charleyproject listing seems to imply mom might have had something to do with her missing.

I couldn't even find her in the Missing Child database.

Where do you want to start with this one? It seems calling the LE office for more info and maybe the local newspaper for any archives?

Salem

I've never called LE, but I will unless you're better at it. I have a subscription to the newspaper archives but. . .I'm new at it and haven't found anything so far about anything. I have a lot of wherewithall but little experience.

Let me know what you think. Thanks for answering. It's a shame this little one fell through the cracks.

It is a shame Tiffany has fallen through the cracks and bless you for bringing her back to the forefront.

There is nothing like getting your feet wet :)

Calling LE is actually pretty easy once you get your nerve up :) Generally I say something like the following: May I please speak to the officer in charge of the Tiffany Roberts case? Then when they come on the line, I introduce myself and explain that I am a member of webforum that works to match UIDs with missing people. Explain that you came across Tiffany's case and that you would like more information such as: does she have any scars, where was she last seen, does she have siblings, does she have DNA in Codis? DNA is very important and if Tiffany's DNA is not in Codis, ask LE if they would like our help in getting them a DNA kit. At this point, the only DNA we might get is mitochrodial, but that's okay. Also ask if anything else that might come to mind that would help to match this baby up with any UIDs. Also, ask generally what LE thinks might have happened to her and if there is anything else they can tell you. Ask, if you have a possible match, who it should be sent to - try to get a name and an email address.

There are more tips and info in the Lighting the Way Home area of the forum. You might want to take a look around there and see what you find.

Getting the baby's DNA in Codis could be very important for a couple of reasons: it might give LE an excuse to visit the mom and ask for her DNA and of course, it could help in identification if a UID is found.

As for the newspaper, can you search by date? There must have been at least one story written about Tiffany - at least one? Have you tried searching her name in the archives? It would be good to know the mom's name also - my thought is that the last names were different. Not sure why I think that, but I do.

Generally - LE is very helpful and cooperative. Once in awhile you will come across someone who is not very receptive and then you have to use your wit and humor to try to win them over to your side. I find using email is very helpful - easier for them and less stressful for us.

What do you think? Feel like giving it a shot? I'm off phone calls until my DH goes back to work on Jan. 5th. But, I will certainly help after that, if you don't want to make the call. If I get sidetracked from the thread, just send me a pm. I am generally on WS everyday.

Salem

http://www.usamissing.com/index_files/Page574.htm

There is a Tiffany Roberts that is listed in this large list of safely recovered persons. I'm not sure if it is the same child, but I pray that she was found safe.

It's sad that there isn't much info out there on her. She's precious!

Hmmmm. Now I'm not sure what to do about this. Any suggestions?:waitasec:

Blackwatch - when you call LE let them know there is a Tiffany Roberts on the list and ask if it is her. What will probably happen is that LE will tell you that she has been safely recovered and then you can ask them to send an email to the site that still has her listed as missing. I'm thinking that it is not her, but we can certainly hope that it is until we get some kind of confirmation.

Salem

I can find information on Tiffany Roberts only on a few sites, most of them already posted on this thread. The date last seen is different on a couple of them and some don't mention the mother being charged. I tried looking through the inmates of California but I don't think the mother's last name is Roberts and none of the sites provide her name. NamUs says that the case was reported on April 09, 2002. Sadly, it does seem like that Tiffany has been forgotten.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back