GUILTY FL - Walter Farley, 93, murdered in his Lakeland home, 31 Dec 2008

GetSmart

Reaction score
This is awful.... has to be meth heads...Polk County is real bad for Meth

93-year-old man killed in home invasion

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/...title=93-year-old man killed in home invasion
POLK COUNTY (Bay News 9) -- A 93-year-old man was found dead Thursday morning after an apparent home invasion, the Polk County Sheriff's Office says.
Walter Farley's body was found at around 9:15 a.m. at his residence, 7931 Indian Heights Drive in Lakeland.
Walter's son, Robert Farley, and daughter-in-law left at around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday to go to a New Year's Eve party at the Red Rose Inn in Plant City. The couple spent the night at the hotel. When they returned home they found that there had been a home invasion and that Walter had been shot to death.
Robert and his wife had been staying with Walter for the past four years to care for him.
The family's neighbors describe Walter as a good man who was still active in the neighborhood.
"We always saw him outside pulling weeds. We'd always say hi," said neighbor Sase Singh. "Our kids went to their house trick or treating, very friendly guy in the neighborhood."
Sheriff Grady Judd calls the homicide a senseless act of violence.
"This was a good solid man in the community. Even though he was 93 he was still active in the Kathleen Historical Society," Judd said. "He was a ham radio operator, he knew Morse code and he was one the community could always depend on to help out in any event."
Judd is calling on the community to help solve the crime. He says investigators don't have a lot to go on. They're not sure how many people they're looking for or what kind of car they were driving.
More Information

Detectives say fireworks could have masked the sound of gunshots.
"I was out here last night," Singh said. "We had a party and we didn't hear anything."

Horrific! Seems like someone must have been watching the house, or knew of the couple's plans to spend the night out. I hope the perp is found and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!

Horrific! Seems like someone must have been watching the house, or knew of the couple's plans to spend the night out. I hope the perp is found and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law!

Yeah, it sure seems like it would be a big coincidence that there'd be a home invasion and murder on a night that the son and his wife just happened to be staying somewhere else. I wonder how strong their alibis are.
I'm just sayin' . . .

Maybe it seems that the media gives home invasion stories more air time now but in the recent years it seems that more and more of these home invasions wind up with the victim or victims being murdered, rather than bound up and left behind.

We just had one in my hometown and they shot and killed an elderly woman. I can't understand why they would do this. They certainly couldn't have fought back against them and the perps could wear ski masks but it seems they just prefer to murder so they will leave no eye witnesses behind. Whatever is quick and easy and they place no value on human life.

So scary and they say that these home invaders watch the homes before they go in and knows the best time to do these horrific things.

imo

Savages. Savages murdered Mr. Farley.

Here's a man that lived 93 years on this earth. Lived through the depression and wars, and the like and his life is snuffed out by some filthy creeps over burglary?

Kids and the elderly. I mean the most defenseless people out there and they just murder them. Da*n sad. Poor Mr. Farley, and his family.

Maybe it seems that the media gives home invasion stories more air time now but in the recent years it seems that more and more of these home invasions wind up with the victim or victims being murdered, rather than bound up and left behind.

We just had one in my hometown and they shot and killed an elderly woman. I can't understand why they would do this. They certainly couldn't have fought back against them and the perps could wear ski masks but it seems they just prefer to murder so they will leave no eye witnesses behind. Whatever is quick and easy and they place no value on human life.

So scary and they say that these home invaders watch the homes before they go in and knows the best time to do these horrific things.

imo

That's what I thought too. This 93 year old man couldn't have put up much of a fight and if they wore masks they wouldn't have to worry about him identifying him.

Savages. Savages murdered Mr. Farley.

Here's a man that lived 93 years on this earth. Lived through the depression and wars, and the like and his life is snuffed out by some filthy creeps over burglary?

Kids and the elderly. I mean the most defenseless people out there and they just murder them. Da*n sad. Poor Mr. Farley, and his family.

I agree 1oo%...and the other part is "This was a good solid man in the community. Even though he was 93 he was still active in the Kathleen Historical Society," Judd said. "He was a ham radio operator, he knew Morse code and he was one the community could always depend on to help out in any event."
WTH....

I live in Lakeland and crime has gotten so bad around here. I am moving to Tenn. in a few months. I keep hearing this is the meth capital of the world Polk county that is. Everyday our local paper is full of shootings and crimes it is unbelieveable can't wait to be gone.

The elderly man could have been attacked on that day also because he could have gotten his social security check a day early due to the holiday. There's too many of these horrible stories of very elderly folks being killed in their homes. My 95 year old uncle died the other day from pneaumonia and had suffered alzheimers. To see a man that old and still able to get out and enjoy himself then die unnaturally is just awful.

Did he have an insurance policy? (cover all angles)
It's disturbing and disgusting that anyone would kill a senior citizen.
If the killer didn't live in that neighborhood and was watching the house to figure out when was a good time to rob it and kill someone, then maybe someone saw his car.
Otherwise, i say look at the neighbors and relatives. Any neighbors with deliquent teenage sons?

Yeah, it sure seems like it would be a big coincidence that there'd be a home invasion and murder on a night that the son and his wife just happened to be staying somewhere else. I wonder how strong their alibis are.
I'm just sayin' . . .

Once again, look no further than the family.

Yup the son. The old guy disapproved of the son wanting a divorce... so he shot his dad, faked the home invasion, and ditched the .38 murder weapon in a pond...

His son has been arrested. They argued and then he shot him and staged the home invasion. Details in Orlando Sentinel. On blackberry and trouble with linking, hope this works:

http://mobile.orlandosentinel.com/i...ntinel_1min&feed:c=topstories&feed:i=44332784
-------------------------------------
93 years on this earth and killed by his own son.
The article says they argued over the father not wanting
his son to get a divorce.
The son, age 63, couldn't just say, dad, that's just what is
going to happen. Sorry you feel that way.
No, the fight escalates and he kills his own father.
And the son has lived with his father the last 4 years.
That is an ungrateful, murdering son.

Where is the daughter in law while all this is going on?

Because of a serious illness, Farley's wife, Mary, takes medication that causes her to sleep. After arriving at the Red Rose Inn on Dec. 31, she took the medicine and went to bed for a two-hour nap.
When she fell asleep about 6 p.m., Farley returned to his house and told his father he intended to divorce his wife because he knew her illness would eventually leave her in a wheelchair.
http://www.theledger.com/article/20090103/NEWS/901030335

Nice guy.Kills his elderly father for standing up for his ailing wife.

Just saw a video tape on Inside Edition of the Robert Farley dancing and singing at the Red Rose Suites just after he killed his father. :furious:

Steadfast, Steve Huff covered that on his blog awhile back. I forgot to link it over here. It really disgusted me. The guy clearly has no conscience.

From May 2009:

http://www.theledger.com/article/20090522/news/905225070

A Lakeland man who told detectives he gunned down his 93-year-old father because he was tired of putting up with his complaining pleaded guilty Friday to first-degree murder.

Circuit Judge J. Michael Hunter sentenced Robert Farley to life in prison. Farley, 63, took a plea deal rather than risk a possible death sentence in the fatal shooting of his father, Walter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back