Thousands of Shoes Mysteriously Appear on Miami Highway

shannon2008

Reaction score
Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090102/ap_on_fe_st/odd_expressway_shoes_4

(There's video available in the link of the shoes on the highway)

MIAMI – State troopers are looking for a charity to take thousands of shoes that were dumped on a Miami expressway, tying up rush hour traffic. Lt. Pat Santangelo says the Florida Highway Patrol received a call about the shoes Friday morning.

Santangelo says he's not sure where the shoes came from. There were no signs of a crash and no one stopped to claim them. He says he hopes someone will take them because he doesn't want to send them to the dump.

Workers using a front-end loader and a dump truck were able to quickly clear at least one lane by sweeping all the shoes to shoulder, but delays were expected until they could all be removed.

---------------------------------------------

When I saw this on the local news in VA the reporter said that these were thousands of PAIRS of shoes, they had been tied together in some fashion.

I almost wonder since there was no wreck or claim to the shoes if some group got together and decided to make a statement. I just wonder what the statement is related to....

At first I thought it was a practical joke related to the Bush shoe-throwing incident.

Then I thought...wouldn't it be nice if this was some sort of stunt to draw attention to all the missing people in the country or the homeless problem, etc. Something to draw attention to something the country for the most part doesn't think about.:waitasec:

Perhaps we'll never know.

I was wondering if they were new shoes and perhaps fell from a truck. I couldn't tell on television if there were boxes. Strange.

How weird! I can't believe a shipment "stolen" hasn't been reported to police. If these are new shoes, which it looks like shoe boxes laying on the road, a store should be reporting a shipment hasn't arrived. And what brand are these?

Wonder if there were any size 9's?????

Um are they the ones Carrie Bradshaw has in Sex in the City ? in a size 8 ?
Please let me know and I will send you my address in Australia pronto

PS happy to pay postage

:p ;)

They weren't mine!!! I wear a 10 or 11 and all of my 350+ pairs are safe and accounted for. Yeah, I know, I have big Paris Hilton feet!

These seemed used/old... no boxes and the pairs had their laces tied together.

If these are old shoes, its possible they were from one of the large non profit places like Goodwill industries, maybe headed to the dump or another location. They use large wooden type containers to ship things, if one flipped on its side at the rear of a truck, I could see these things spilling out like these.

:blushing:
Ok, they are mine....I have an issue when it comes to shoes. Not a fetish mind you, just an obsession. That and handbags....

jk.

I couldn't even imagine this... if they were new it would be my fantasy. It would be like the commercial where the girl has to stop because it's raining shoes on her car! I'd be the one driving the rented bulldozer to scoop them all up :crazy: Size 6.5

They weren't mine!!! I wear a 10 or 11 and all of my 350+ pairs are safe and accounted for. Yeah, I know, I have big Paris Hilton feet!

These seemed used/old... no boxes and the pairs had their laces tied together.

Damn , Bummer , oh well....

I'm not ashamed to post my shoe size here...any 11 Wides? I'll take 'em! :crazy:

Um are they the ones Carrie Bradshaw has in Sex in the City ? in a size 8 ?
Please let me know and I will send you my address in Australia pronto

PS happy to pay postage

:p ;)

If there are any in a size 9 1/2 or 10, I will be glad to take them...lol. I have held a pair of Carrie's shoes in my hand. I went to church with the wardrobe lady's mother and she brought a fabulous pair to a women's gathering. We were all in awe at the $850 pair of shoes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back