791 users online (111 members and 680 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    If I remember correctly, in many states, there is no statute of limitations when it comes to sexual abuse to children under 16. I would get legal council and attempt to throw his butt in jail and MAKE SURE that the population there knows WHY!
    -

--Wes A. Jones / KI4ZBO- President/CEO
    --Be On The Look Out For Corporation
    --http://beonthelookoutfor.com
    -- (386) 755.2000
    -- Be On The Look Out ForŪ

Justice

Quote Originally Posted by Jennerbear View Post
    o_O

I used Yahoo people search and asked my mom for a couple of things and I found him. I'm calling the school district Monday morning. PLUS I found his neighborhood and I am going to write letters to the people next to him. I will update you all.

I don't think anyone has hunted him down because a) no one wants to go to jail for this creepo b) we're hoping that God's punishment is going to be worse than anything he could get here.
    With all of that "false reporting" and "slander" business it can be VERY hard to seek justice once the legal system is out of the question. Does anyone know of ways to do this without getting yourself fried for "slander"?

I was in a similar situation. I found the guy who had molested me as a child. He's sitting in prison in Ohio for 4 years for doing something similar. Sickening. Wish I could have stopped it- I was only a kid. I wonder if there is anything I can do now? I would love to post his mugshot because I know he has been doing this for at least 25 years.

If he is still teaching somewhere I would not just call, but write the schoolboard and District Attorney's office and inform them of his history. I would insist that in addition to firing him, this time an investigation should be done.

That way you have proof that they were made aware, and it will become their liability if they don't investigate him and he molests someone after they are informed. Tell them if that happens you WILL send a copy of the letter to the media proving they knew about him. His past firing should've come up in his background check for his new teaching job. Don't they check references anymore????

My elementary school principle WILLIAM DEGRACE was a fugitive before being tracked down and arrested for molesting boys at the school and also his foster sons at his home.

The school district sent letters to the parents of the students and the local paper ran an article so any parents of or former students could come forward if they were victims.

Same problems here

After "minor" molestation by 2 separate offenders (1 at the age of 7 <he's in prison for molesting his stepchild>) and (a string of offenses by a 17 year old babysitter when I was appr. 9/10 <he was never prosecuted>), I was molested by my uncle. It wasn't invasive or painful, and I told my parents who didn't do anything (I think they just wanted to avoid family problems.) Strangely to me (due to the fact of the other molestations) it seemed fairly normal. He later plead guilty to molesting his own daughter (non-sexual assault plea) I feel if I had pushed the issue more I could have prevented this from happening to her. Now in the course of talking to his new family (the one he got after all the other incidents happened) I'm getting the strange suspicion that he has at least done this to his step daughter and possibly his other daughter. She made some chilling comments without saying that he'd done that to her as well. She read about my experience in my blog and asked me if it was her dad. When I replied yes and explained the situation she said well that's one of a list from what I understand. I feel (intuitively) that she's on that list. They now have 3 Toddler/infant girls that he regularly has access too and i'm wondering if it's still happening? I can't prove what he did to me, how can I help?
    Oh, and it's my very first WS post.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Gosh, I wish I knew how to help you. He is almost assuredly still molesting girls he has access to. If his stepdaughter will speak up, that would be great. Maybe you can get a little more information from her.

Welcome to the forum!

Maybe

Have you tried making a risk of harm report to child protective services?

I haven't contacted DHR, I want to be at least fairly sure first. I know that the step-daughter does act in a manner consistent with sexual abuse. She works as a stripper (75% of female sex workers have been sexually abused at some time or another), and she has major panic attacks so that she can't even leave the house sometimes. Knowing her as a child, she never seemed to have any issues like that. I am just trying to keep my relationship open with my cousin so maybe she'll tell me what has happened. The first daughter he molested, well my family believes the mother was lying, but knowing what he did to me I have always felt she was telling the truth. Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Any idea on how to get my cousin to "open up" to me?

Lorri
    "Mildly talented in a variety of ways but with no genuine ability in any one field, she was like me, the perennial hapless self-amused dilettante, half-worried by the slippage of time but determined to enjoy failure anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by RNempath View Post
    I haven't contacted DHR, I want to be at least fairly sure first. I know that the step-daughter does act in a manner consistent with sexual abuse. She works as a stripper (75% of female sex workers have been sexually abused at some time or another), and she has major panic attacks so that she can't even leave the house sometimes. Knowing her as a child, she never seemed to have any issues like that. I am just trying to keep my relationship open with my cousin so maybe she'll tell me what has happened. The first daughter he molested, well my family believes the mother was lying, but knowing what he did to me I have always felt she was telling the truth. Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Any idea on how to get my cousin to "open up" to me?
    I think you have reason already to be fairly sure. I would go ahead and call DHR. Let them investigate. In AL, or at least in my county, they do not reveal who called and made the report, it is kept confidential.

To bad you can't get a tapped confession ..but set up in such a way he does not know he is being tapped. Talk with the cops or someone with authority on the issue ..I wouldn't want my kids going to any school with someone like that as a teacher! Also get help! Never attempted to apprehend anyone, Police are the only people who are well equipped to deal with dangerous situations! Think Danger!
    That reminds me of a sitiation I know of...that person worked with her friends dad who was a cop and the perp went to prison for his doing! Fast thinking made the difference there!The case was in the paper and the place was closed where all the stuff happened and it was found out just by mistake...Good thing though it was!
    Last edited by FranksHere; 02-20-2010 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennerbear View Post
    o_O

I used Yahoo people search and asked my mom for a couple of things and I found him. I'm calling the school district Monday morning. PLUS I found his neighborhood and I am going to write letters to the people next to him. I will update you all.

I don't think anyone has hunted him down because a) no one wants to go to jail for this creepo b) we're hoping that God's punishment is going to be worse than anything he could get here.
    You need advice from an attorney before writing letters to his neighbors and students' families (to get around slander). Also have you checked on a civil suit? Sometimes they're allowed even when a criminal trial is not. Good luck. cocolafay
    Last edited by cocolafay; 05-31-2010 at 05:16 AM. Reason: misspelling

I'm sorry any of you are having to go through this. It's a hard burden to carry. Jen, I sit here wondering if we are related and have the same uncle. My uncle molested me from 4-7. Even when I was able to tell, nothing was done because the matriarch of our family didn't want the name tarnished.

I'm 31 now, and suffer from PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder), clinical depression, anxiety and panic attacks and I have abandonment issues as well as trust issues.

I have tried so many ways to get someone to listen to me, and make something happen. So far, no one wants to get involved with something like that it seems. It's almost like, this many years later, and everyone is still turning a deaf ear on me and what happened. I worry about how many others he messed with, besides me. I know he also molested my brother who is 4 yrs older that myself. He works as a youth minister assistant in the church where he's from - that alone terrifies me.

My thoughts and prayers for justice and action are with you :Justice:

I'm from Canada and we have similar situations here. New laws are required. When the perp is finally arrested, there are many many previous victims who choose not to come forward because of the legal system. The police force has their hands tied because of the required evidence required in the court system. I honour all the women who step up and tell their story. They are the heros and the ones that will help lead this fight against child sexual abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    JennerBear - don't forget your sister. Please try to help her seek counseling and whatever else she might need to help her heal.

My prayers are with you in your search for justice.

Salem
    Exactly. As a living survivor, she is an important witness. Counseling can bring the facts out in the open, making the case stronger to get him suspended, and/or thrown in jail (one can hope).

Bless you for what you're doing - I commend you.

Hugs,

Mel

Very sad story and my heart goes out to you. Is it possible he got caught and is in prison? Some states have public information on inmates, perhaps your does. Good luck to you!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast