LA LA - Carol Cole, 17, Shreveport, Dec 1980

not_my_kids

Reaction score
I was updating my lists today and came across this case.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/61ufla.html
She was blond, 16-21, and there is very little information on her. She is a FACES case, you contact them with/for info.
I was wondering if anyone had ever contacted the FACES Lab for info on a case? Her info just says that she "wore braces". I was hoping that they could clarify for me whether she was wearing them when she was found or if she had worn them in the past. That could make a world of difference in matching her.
So I was wondering how to go about contacting FACES or if anyone has any more info on this girl. I have been looking, but haven't found anything more so far.

I was updating my lists today and came across this case.
http://doenetwork.org/ Case file 641UFLA
She was blond, 16-21, and there is very little information on her. She is a FACES case, you contact them with/for info.
I was wondering if anyone had ever contacted the FACES Lab for info on a case? Her info just says that she "wore braces". I was hoping that they could clarify for me whether she was wearing them when she was found or if she had worn them in the past. That could make a world of difference in matching her.
So I was wondering how to go about contacting FACES or if anyone has any more info on this girl. I have been looking, but haven't found anything more so far.

I just looked at this one, not_my_kids. I live approximately 100 miles east of where she was found and had not even heard of her. I would so like to see her identified and given a proper burial with her correct name. Her family is in agony not knowing where she is and what happened to her. She is may be from Texas as the Texas state line is not far from Bossier. Maybe 20 miles or less.
A couple of girls have been found in the Tyler area.
Since she wore braces, I am sure she had been well taken care of by her family. I cannot imagine that she has not been reported missing. .......:confused:........why hasn't she been identified??????

it's strange hat there is a photo reconstruction, yet the only description they give is that she wears braces. do they have height/weight? how skeletonized was she? how long do they think she had been there/estimated date of death? it makes it hard to search knowing only what is given there - there has to be more.

despite any other info, I DO think that this girl looks a lot like our UID:

MORGAN KATE YOUNG
Case Type: Endangered Runaway
DOB: Jun 3, 1991 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Sep 19, 2005 Race: White
Age Now: 17 Height: 5'1" (155 cm)
Missing City: TUCSON Weight: 130 lbs (59 kg)
Missing State : AZ Hair Color: Blonde
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Hazel
Case Number: NCMC1077301
Circumstances: Morgan was last seen on September 19, 2005.

http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/se...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

despite any other info, I DO think that this girl looks a lot like our UID:

MORGAN KATE YOUNG
Case Type: Endangered Runaway
DOB: Jun 3, 1991 Sex: Female
Missing Date: Sep 19, 2005 Race: White
Age Now: 17 Height: 5'1" (155 cm)
Missing City: TUCSON Weight: 130 lbs (59 kg)
Missing State : AZ Hair Color: Blonde
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Hazel
Case Number: NCMC1077301
Circumstances: Morgan was last seen on September 19, 2005.

http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/se...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Agreed She is very close and the few details that we have so far match, but I defnitely need to know more. The estimated date of death would be great.

I did notice that the other girl wasn't listed as having braces past or present. But they still have information to release, so that may be changed.

Kristi Gwen O'Pry was last seen by family members in Shreveport, Louisiana on Friday July 19, 1996. She needed a ride to run some errands and because she did not own a car she asked her boyfriend's friend Eric to give her a ride.

She was 26 when she went missing...so she's a little older than what they estimate, but she fits other ways - has great teeth (obviously wore braces), is blonde, etc...a great fit location-wise. I have no idea if they've cross checked the UID against this person, but it bears looking at. What do you guys think?

http://www.gokartsupply.com/kristi.htm

Kristy O'Pry wouldn't fit because she disappeared in 1996. This Jane Doe (I think - correct me if I'm wrong anyone) was found in 1981 in Bossier Parish, Louisiana and is a victim of Henry Lee Lucas, per his confessions.

Huh? 1981?? There must be two different UIDs in this thread. The first one up top in the thread is 641UFLA

The victim was discovered on December 19, 2006 in Bossier Parish, Louisiana

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 16-21 years old
Distinguishing Characteristics: Blonde hair.
Dentals: Wore braces
Clothing: Jeans, long sleeved t-shirt, hooded sweater, "Evonne Goolagong" shoes, large, buffalo nickel belt buckle, mens briefs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case History
The victim was located in wooded area in Bossier Parish, Louisiana.

Am I missing something or confused? (wouldn't surprise me lol)

I know, I am (was?) confused also.

But when I clicked on the link in the first post in this thread it takes me to victim 61UFLA, which is someone whose remains were found in 1981, a victim of Henry Lee Lucas by his confession.

I am thinking that maybe 2006 was the date this case was "featured" again to try and generate tips.

These appear to be the same cases. Before I posted on this thread I searched for "Bossier" in this forum and came up with this thread. I just now clicked on every link in the Doe Network for unidentified remains of females in Louisiana and all but this one were found in South or Central Louisiana.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/641ufla.html
Here is what I think: This link shows the case with the updated facial reconstruction done by FACES Lab at LSU by Dr. Mary Manheim's team and appears to be a update of case 41ufla. The link I posted was on the Shreveport Times website and is probably due to a press release by the Bossier Parish Sheriff's Office in an attempt to publicize the updated facial reconstruction in hopes of identifying this lost woman.

Okay I see now, this link

http://doenetwork.org/cases/641ufla.html

says the remains were "discovered on December 19, 2006 in Bossier Parish, Louisiana."

However, this link says something different and I believe the 2006 statement is an error and these appear to be the same cases due to the details of her clothing.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20090129/NEWS01/901290317/1060
SNIP Jane Doe has a secret. It's her identity — locked in her dirty and bloody clothes and what little was left of her decomposing body discovered nearly three decades ago.

The mystery dates back to January 1981 when her decomposing body was found by a man walking down a logging road off state Highway 157 in northeast Bossier Parish. Authorities believe she was stabbed to death about four to six weeks earlier. A kitchen knife stuck in the ground near her body is believed to be the murder weapon.SNIP

Please somebody correct me if I am mistaken.

I just looked at this one, not_my_kids. I live approximately 100 miles east of where she was found and had not even heard of her. I would so like to see her identified and given a proper burial with her correct name. Her family is in agony not knowing where she is and what happened to her. She is may be from Texas as the Texas state line is not far from Bossier. Maybe 20 miles or less.
A couple of girls have been found in the Tyler area.
Since she wore braces, I am sure she had been well taken care of by her family. I cannot imagine that she has not been reported missing. .......:confused:........why hasn't she been identified??????

Is there anyway for LE to track down who placed the braces on this girl? Please forgive me if this sounds like a silly question, but do the orthodontists have any extinguishing serial numbers on the braces as breast implants or other surgical items do?

Great point, yanknrebel.

The link is unclear (to me) as to whether the victims braces were found with her teeth or whether there was 'orthodontic' evidence that she had worn braces. I wonder if after braces are removed, what kind of distinguishing characteristics the mouth, teeth, jaw would have. Never really thought much about it.

I might do some sleuthing and see if I can find out where this victim's remains were found, hopefully not on private property. There is a large game preserve around this area and I wonder if she was dumped there.

I live close enough to go and take pictures, but for sure that area might likely be changed a lot since 1981.

There is a 'Michael Brisco' (he would have been a young teen in 1980 according to Intelius, Classmates.com however, puts his grad date as '1968 in OPELOUSAS, LA, which is between Metairie and New Orleans) who resided, at one time, in Metairie, LA as did a 'David Resha' (who would have been in his early 30s in 1980 and also has a grad date of 1968 in New Orleans)

Metairie is located near New Orleans and approx 250 miles from Bossier. In 1981 Metairie pop was approx 164,000.

Michael Brisco is somehow related to an "Ernest Jr Brisco" (same age and also resided in Metairie) An Ernest Jr Brisco is listed as a sexual offender out of Texas)

David M Resha is somehow related to a "Donald J Resha" (he would have been a teen or young adult in 1980 and is listed as a sexual offender out of TN)

These names; Michael, Brisco, David, Resha, and D. Davies were written on the Bossier Parish Jane Doe's shoe and I am only posting info in the hopes of identifying her. This info is not meant to malign anyone and I am not trying to cast aspersions.

Also, the combination, perhaps even the spelling of names I searched might not be correct.

Is there anyway for LE to track down who placed the braces on this girl? Please forgive me if this sounds like a silly question, but do the orthodontists have any extinguishing serial numbers on the braces as breast implants or other surgical items do?

Not a silly question at all! We had a Chicago Jane Doe id'd as a result of her orthodontist about a year ago. She had removed her own braces and the ortho recognized her photos. Her mother and others who knew her were useless.

I am not sure if this one was ever discussed on WS but when I saw it on WAFB 9 News, it seems like a case that could have been solved years ago with the right sleuthing efforts. Her body was found down an old logging road in January, 1981. She was young, blonde, caucasion. No one ever came forward and reported her as missing (she may not have been from Louisiana at all). Her shoes have names of some of her friends printed on it (they are listed in the news report) - how often is info THAT valuable included with a murder victim?! They have identified a killer (Henry Lee Lucas, now deceased) but never got any information out of him about the girl. Anyway, I thought I'd put it on here just in case someone may have ideas on pursuing the leads that are provided. Here's the link: http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=9751011

Thanks for posting this -

Ive snapped the pic from the Video

picture.php

Henry Lee Lucas Murdered this girl in 1981 but they have never been able to identify her. They released a clay composite in '84 but this is a much better image they said

Here is hoping someone recognizes her so she can be properly laid to rest after thirty years :(

Her age was thought to be in the late teens to early 20s and her height was believed to be 5 feet 5 inches to 5 feet 6 inches tall. She weighed 130-140 pounds.

She was discovered in January 1981 and they believe had been dead for 4 - 6 weeks so this is someone missing from 1980

I am not sure if this one was ever discussed on WS but when I saw it on WAFB 9 News, it seems like a case that could have been solved years ago with the right sleuthing efforts. Her body was found down an old logging road in January, 1981. She was young, blonde, caucasion. No one ever came forward and reported her as missing (she may not have been from Louisiana at all). Her shoes have names of some of her friends printed on it (they are listed in the news report) - how often is info THAT valuable included with a murder victim?! They have identified a killer (Henry Lee Lucas, now deceased) but never got any information out of him about the girl. Anyway, I thought I'd put it on here just in case someone may have ideas on pursuing the leads that are provided. Here's the link: http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=9751011

I just found another thread on this

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3237906

Im sure the mods will merge when they see :)

Thanks for checking...I figured this had been discussed before. Glad LE is still keeping it alive.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcerPacer
Back