711 users online (102 members and 609 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Whats wrong with the margins?

Is anyone elses margins on each side of the forum page all wavy or is my computer box going?
    ~Wake Me Up When This Nightmare is Over~

I think it may be your computer. These pages are clear as a bell on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by charo View Post
    Is anyone elses margins on each side of the forum page all wavy or is my computer box going?
    I was having this problem last night. I rebooted my computer and when I came back to this site everything was fine.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

o boy- the margins are so wavy for me- especially the right side facing the screen that the waves are riding into the private message area so I cant even PM a mod to ask- thats why I had to put a thread up and ask

My margins are ok but last night something was funky. I would try to post and it would say sorry, try again in 30 seconds which I did and then hours later I found all these double postings I had done??? I also coundn't get in to the NG thread so I just logged off. I hope the mods don't thing I was double posting on purpose.
    Rest in Peace Sweet Caylee

HTML doesn't create waves on the screen. I won't get into all the details but with any display issues, unless everyone is having the problem it means the pages being sent as a response from the server are fine. It sounds as though you video card may be going out or your monitor.

I dont have a computer- I have a MSN tv box- the margin didnt wave until that large picture on page 37 came through on the thread titled "crime scene photos" and then others said something about it so i thought it was just that one page and when I went to other threads and the main page, the same thing is happeneing to me- I feel like a drunken sailor here looking at the pages- I have complete curves on the right hand side margin of all pages- how wierd- no clue

I have notified tech support!
    :Banane59: Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

thank you

I just went to other sites and my email and theres no waves- its just on the this forum for me- maybe its just too much info for this box- who knows- I sure hope not- I would go nuts not being able to read some of the posts= LOL- this is my "life" now- hehe

I am just checking in from the hospital. we have had an onoing problem with posters posting pictures and screenshots and they have been blowing the margins in some threads. FWIW

Arrow

In general, the formatting of the forum does appear different, larger since the New Year's Day changes. I noticed it immediately.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

For me the left margin is very, very narrow. I used to rest my cursor there while browsing threads so I didn't have to look at all the previews of the posts. There's no room now on the left for even my cursor. Otherwise everything is fine.
    As I received information, and relayed it to the defendant after her arrest, she continued to claim ignorance and at times, laughed at the situation. She still failed to show any outward signs of remorse or concern for her missing two year old daughter.
    --Yuri Melich, arrest warrant, July 16, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    I am just checking in from the hospital. we have had an onoing problem with posters posting pictures and screenshots and they have been blowing the margins in some threads. FWIW
    Hospital? Did I miss something?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Star12 View Post
    For me the left margin is very, very narrow. I used to rest my cursor there while browsing threads so I didn't have to look at all the previews of the posts. There's no room now on the left for even my cursor. Otherwise everything is fine.
    Actually, that's what I was trying to say- the post boxes have expanded so much, that there is no margin now.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Hope everything is going to be okay.

Sometimes when I first log in the margin on the right seems large as it is loading but then snaps into place when loaded.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast