900 users online (145 members and 755 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Crime Scene Photos #3 ***WARNING - GRAPHIC DISCUSSION***

Please continue discussion about the crime scene photos.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76731"]Crime Scene Photos thread #1 [/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76732"]Crime Scene Photos thread #2[/ame]
    Last edited by JBean; 02-06-2010 at 03:17 AM.

I haven't been following the photo's, but, took a quick look last night

...anyone else noted what appears to be a small cart (e.g. a toy shopping cart or similar) located in what I believe is 195831.jpg (image has the three orbs of white light)? I took the image from post#19 where others were indicating they noted a view of the skull. I cropped the image down but you can still see the edge of the lower-left white orb in the bottom of the cropped version.

I haven't taken much time to identify the cart, but, it looked pretty definite to me. The pattern of the circles in the wheel caught my eye, then, the rest of the object became apparent. Can't tell if its a toy, a stroller, or something else.

ecs5298 is offline Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL & Hardwood Mulch King & Bacon Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by TURBOTHINK View Post
    I believe it was the SECOND light pole in the picture or one past it because the sign on the left of the road is not there around the first one.
    If you watch the video you'll see that the sign is closer to Hopespring and is actually west of the scene. I'll try and find an aerial shot that shows the sign. The biggest thing for me is that the frame above is right as the car turns onto Suburban from Hopespring. That's why I was hoping that it would give everyone a sense of reference. They weren't far enough down Suburban for that to be the light pole that's past the scene.

Links to my first two posts for continuity:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...&postcount=938

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...&postcount=961
    Attached Images Attached Images

she does have a toy stroller...

where does anyone see a skull in that picture????

Thumbs up

I agree. I don't see anything that resembles a skull or spokes from a wheel. I think if this were true u wouldn't be able to get that close for pictures to be taken.

I'm seeing a board and and some layered boards in some of the photos, and RK described a white board and a fallen tree:

Do you suppose the kids during KC's childhood had a treehouse there--a raised platform where they could hang out away from snakes, etc.

I remember back in the beginning of posting, before the discovery of the body, some people said they thought "look up" and someone did have a treehouse come to mind.

where does anyone see a skull in that picture????
    I don't see anything that resembles a skull or spokes from a wheel.

Pareidolia

The term pareidolia describes a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon, and hearing hidden messages on records played in reverse.

Another question, if I may: Did KC stuff the blanket that perhaps??? Caylee's body was found in, into the backpack, when she left the house for the last time?

Was this blanket NOT the most recent in use and therefore, CA would not have noticed it missing?

Originally posted by eddeva:
    "i've been following this thread since it beagn, and i think the one before. i've zoomed in/zoomed out/squinted/stood back/leaned in/ and with the exception of a spooky, ethereal face to the bottom right and maybe a book, i either can't see anything or i can find at least 8 skulls all with noses. no tigers, no monkeys, no baby dolls, no pics of casey, no duct tape, nada!
    is anyone else here having this problem or is it just me? serious question.
    i'm not even convinced i'm seeing a bag."

I'm the same as you eddeva. I do see what appears to be a childs' book,and possibly a photo next to it. That's it...all the rest,in my opinion,look like leaves,soil,etc.I'm not saying I'm right,it's just what I'm seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by capps View Post
    "i've been following this thread since it beagn, and i think the one before. i've zoomed in/zoomed out/squinted/stood back/leaned in/ and with the exception of a spooky, ethereal face to the bottom right and maybe a book, i either can't see anything or i can find at least 8 skulls all with noses. no tigers, no monkeys, no baby dolls, no pics of casey, no duct tape, nada!

I'm the same as you eddeva. I do see what appears to be a childs' book,and possibly a photo next to it. That's it...all the rest,in my opinion,look like leaves,soil,etc.I'm not saying I'm right,it's just what I'm seeing.
    I know. Most of what I see is dried up leaves, old boards, fragmented rocks and torn up garbage bags.

We used to hang out at an old cabin knocked down by a tornado in the woods next to my house when I was a kid. And we would explore the trash. Some of that trash can play games with your mind.

I bet she was hoping that the critical evidence would all blend into this dump.

Quote Originally Posted by capps View Post

I've been using a magnifier. Last night I loaded some of the pictures and tried cropping, turning, adjusting the light and textures. Now instead of seeing leaves and twigs and maybe little bits of trash. I see blurs and blobs and other stuff that defies description. See me, see hopeless sign, see me wearing hopeless sign!
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11

~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

Quote Originally Posted by missmybaby View Post
    I've been using a magnifier. Last night I loaded some of the pictures and tried cropping, turning, adjusting the light and textures. Now instead of seeing leaves and twigs and maybe little bits of trash. I see blurs and blobs and other stuff that defies description. See me, see hopeless sign, see me wearing hopeless sign!
    You are awesome! Thanks for doing that. And, you are right, I am keeping an open mind to WS's perceptions. And, might I be so bold to add, some WS's might be seeing things beyond artifacts or trash that some of the rest of us cannot see.

It also greatly depends on the resolution of your computer monitor. I look a these photos at home and occasionally at work, and I can see some images better at work, but some better here at home. It is also sometimes helpful to copy and paste them into MS Paint (I don't have Photoshop) and then "invert the colors" to get a different perspective. I haven't found that technique very helpful with these pictures, but there was another crime where we were trying to figure out what graffitti was written on a concrete wall, and the invert colors technqiue was very helpful.

Would someone please post the number of a photograph that shows the Anthony backyard?

On another thread, I've seen one of the overhead photos taken during a search, and the yard looked jam-packed with "stuff" and I couldn't find the swimming pool. Do the sheds show up in overhead pictures?

Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast