GUILTY LA - Ja'Shawn Powell, 2, murdered by dad, New Orleans, 2 Jan 2009

------------------------------------------------------------------
From reading the story, this man had never had visitation with this 2 1/2 yr old boy.
But, it just seems premeditated, he has never had visitation, is ordered to pay child support and then takes the child for the first visitation.
Then, kills the child, and makes up some lame kidnap story.

I just feel so much for this 2 1/2 year old boy. He probably had some fear of leaving his mom, his family to go with a man, who is called daddy.
And then......

I have always been against the death penalty. But where is the possible redemption for this man who would kill to escape paying support?
His mind did not say, I will be paying support and I want to get to know this boy who is my son. No, it went to how can I get out of this?

Prayers for the mom. Prayers to accompany the little boy to heaven.

Good Lord, that man is socio! To kill his own son?? He should have used a condom if he didn't want children!

This guy's best problem-solving abilities led him to the conclusion that if killed his child, he wouldn't have to pay child support. I'm guessing psychological problems PLUS mental retardation.

This story makes me sad, and sick. :(

Ugh, another innocent child dead!!!! I'm sick of parents taking their anger out on their children!!! I hope he rots in prison!

"I'm sorry about killing my baby," Platt told reporters. "I had a whole bunch of reasons."

No, you didn't have a whole bunch of reasons, pal. You are pond scum-that would be your only reason.

(Sorry-no name calling right?) Something about you reminds me of pond scum, I mean...

------------------------------------------------------------------
From reading the story, this man had never had visitation with this 2 1/2 yr old boy.
But, it just seems premeditated, he has never had visitation, is ordered to pay child support and then takes the child for the first visitation.
Then, kills the child, and makes up some lame kidnap story.

I just feel so much for this 2 1/2 year old boy. He probably had some fear of leaving his mom, his family to go with a man, who is called daddy.
And then......

I have always been against the death penalty. But where is the possible redemption for this man who would kill to escape paying support?
His mind did not say, I will be paying support and I want to get to know this boy who is my son. No, it went to how can I get out of this?

Prayers for the mom. Prayers to accompany the little boy to heaven.

:(

No the article says he was excited about seeing his dad and opened the door with Daddy and ran to him.

Why do people have to do this :( Why why why..

I just read this,so very sad. Poor baby!

Second case we have seen like this here at WS. Reminds me of Tori and Dean, though in that case both mama and baby were killed.

When is this going to stop? Men, if you don't want babies USE Birth control, get snipped or practise abstinence.

Rip sweet little guy.. My heart is breaking for his mama and the family that loved him. Our prayers are sent.

This is such a tragedy. There is another little angel in Heaven now.
Sympathy and prayers for the family.

From May 2013:

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2013/05/father_pleads_guilty_to_capifa.html

A 26-year-old man pleaded guilty to capital murder in Criminal District Court Thursday morning, admitting that he slit his 2-year-old son's throat to avoid paying $4,000 in overdue child support. Danny Platt accepted a life prison sentence...

"When a child is killed, it's always a very sad, a very difficult situation, even for us," Cannizzaro said. "This is a final solution. There is no appeal. He admits he is guilty. And the family does not have to relive these very horrible events."

Judge Keva Landrum-Johnson imposed the life sentence, without the possibility of parole.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back