1335 users online (234 members and 1101 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MI - Jesika Kelsey, 17, raped & murdered, Highland Township, 31 Dc 2008

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...ETRO/901030413

Highland Township soldier arraigned in sister's death

Santiago Esparza and Mike Martindale / The Detroit News
    HIGHLAND TOWNSHIP -- A 19-year-old man home on leave after completing Army basic training was charged Saturday with two counts of murder in the stabbing death of his 17-year-old sister at an Oakland County trailer park.

Steven Kelsey is jailed without bond on one count of first-degree murder and one count of felony murder in the New Year's Eve attack on his 17-year-old sister, Jesika, Oakland County Sheriff's officials said.

Kelsey, in a confession read in court Saturday morning, allegedly told authorities that after stabbing Jesika in the neck, he stabbed his sister at least once in an eye -- in an attempt to jab into her brain.

Kelsey stood mute and a plea of not guilty was entered on his behalf.

He also confessed to raping his sister, sheriff's officials said, but was not charged with sexual assault.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

He raped and murdered his sister!!

(There really aren't "smileys" that can convey the appropriate feelings here. Wish we had a smiley sitting in an electric chair.)

Is our USA military being exposed to something that's causing them to kill their wives/snap a lot? We've had an increasing number of cases involving military officers killing..

http://www.freep.com/article/20090104/NEWS03/901040367

This one has a mugshot of the POS

Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    Is our USA military being exposed to something that's causing them to kill their wives/snap a lot? We've had an increasing number of cases involving military officers killing..
    I don't think so Meo. With over a million+ workforce they are bound to have some bad apples (POSs) just like we have in the general population. When they kill though it usually makes the news.

It is horrible what he did to his sister. I guess they couldn't charge him with rape because she was already dead when he raped her. I wonder though, surely necrophilia is a crime in that state, wouldn't you think?

It seems like he went insane. Stabbing her in the eyeball to get to her brain.
    How frightening.

imo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

It seldom happens, but words fail me here.

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    I don't think so Meo. With over a million+ workforce they are bound to have some bad apples (POSs) just like we have in the general population. When they kill though it usually makes the news.

It is horrible what he did to his sister. I guess they couldn't charge him with rape because she was already dead when he raped her. I wonder though, surely necrophilia is a crime in that state, wouldn't you think?

It seems like he went insane. Stabbing her in the eyeball to get to her brain.
    How frightening.

imo
    OBE, you make a good point.
    Nowadays the military has made a wider berth for who they accept into the service. You can have certain felonies and also take psychiatric medications. The military's desperation for soldiers has had them have to lower their standards as to who they recruit.

This guy isn't a military officer. He's some enlisted guy that's been in the military for about 6-8 weeks, considering he just got out of boot camp.

Are they full Brother and Sister ? (not that it makes a diff to the crime) but the mothers name is diff to the sons and it was at the mother and stepfathers house
    Just wondering

But this disgusting ugh words fail me person had sex with her as she lay DYING

Steven Kelsey told investigators he stabbed his sister, Jesika, then had sex with her as she lay dying, according to testimony Saturday at Kelsey's arraignment on murder charges.
    Advertisement

His mother, Jennifer Spencer, wept as a police investigator relayed the details of her 17-year-old daughter's death in Highland Township in the early hours of New Year's Day.

Spencer's voice shook as she whispered to a reporter about her slain daughter, "Just spell her name right, please."

She and her husband left quickly as the hearing ended.

Steven Kelsey, 19, stood mute at his arraignment on charges of first-degree and felony murder. He faces life in prison without parole if convicted on either charge.

Jesika died early Thursday morning, following a New Year's Eve party at her mother's and stepfather's Highland Township home, said Oakland County Sheriff's Detective Lt. James A'Hearn. Steven Kelsey was home on Christmas leave from the U.S. Army and temporarily sharing a room with his sister.

About 1:30 a.m., he went into their bedroom, investigators said. "I got a knife, and I killed her," A'Hearn said Kelsey told investigators.

He stabbed her in the throat and, because she was in pain, stabbed her in the head, A'Hearn said. He added that Kelsey told investigators he believed his sister was alive while he sexually assaulted her.

The truth is this guy was going to snap anyway. Military or not, he is a bad seed and we see them all too frequently.They come from all walks of life, some earlier than expected some much later. We see the pattern but it is usually much too late for the victims as we, generally, are after the fact.

I so wish there was a way to really educate the public and then let them trust their own hinkey meter. Then, make sure that there are people around who trust the potential problems. Tough call...I know.

OBE, you make a good point.
    Nowadays the military has made a wider berth for who they accept into the service. You can have certain felonies and also take psychiatric medications. The military's desperation for soldiers has had them have to lower their standards as to who they recruit.
    That doesn't apply to this perp, though:
    Neighbors who live near the family in Highland Greens said the killing is particularly shocking because Jesika and Steven seemed to have a close, friendly relationship, and that there was no indication of problems in the home.
    “The whole family was polite, quiet and friendly,” said Keith Hupp, who has lived next door to the Kelseys and Spencers for the past five years. “They are the best neighbors I have ever had.”

"[Undersheriff Mike] McCabe said Steven Kelsey was on military leave from boot camp and had no prior contact with police."
    http://www.hometownlife.com/article/...EWS11/90102014

Also enlistment waivers are absolutely not granted for anyone with a history of a psychotic disorder.
    http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joini...andards2_5.htm

I do think at least a couple of the services are probably giving more waivers for criminal activity in light of Iraq and Afganistan. But I don't think that has any bearing on this case.

I think one reason we notice military members committing crimes is that their occupation is always mentioned prominently in the article. You don't often see perps identified in headlines or leading paragraphs as machinists, small businessmen, electricians, bookkeepers, retail managers, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    That doesn't apply to this perp, though:
    Neighbors who live near the family in Highland Greens said the killing is particularly shocking because Jesika and Steven seemed to have a close, friendly relationship, and that there was no indication of problems in the home.
    “The whole family was polite, quiet and friendly,” said Keith Hupp, who has lived next door to the Kelseys and Spencers for the past five years. “They are the best neighbors I have ever had.”

Wow - i wonder what made him kill her then ? and try and have sex with her

UNLESS HE Tried to have sex with her and she said NO so he killed her and then had sex with her ?

Myspace

Steven Kelsey has two public Myspaces. It looks like his sister cared for him. One comment being the usual sibling banter.

However this picture comment by Jesika to her murder shows she went out of her way to be a good sister. It's kind of chilling. This is horrifically sad. That poor family. I can't even beging to fathom their pain.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=1243366

Myspace

Steven Kelsey has two public Myspaces. It looks like his sister cared for him. One comment being the usual sibling banter.

However this picture comment by Jesika to her murderer shows she went out of her way to be a good sister. It's kind of chilling. This is horrifically sad. That poor family. I can't even begin to fathom their pain.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=1243366

It sounds to me like its possible drugs were involved. Of course, I have no proof, but drugs can turn an ordinary person into a monster.

Just my opinion

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast