Deceased/Not Found MO - Renee Pernice, 35, Kansas City, 2 Jan 2009 - *S. Pernice guilty*

KR2tonenow

Reaction score
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City police are looking for a 35-year-old woman missing since Friday.
The Kansas City Star reports that Renee Pernice was last seen by her husband Friday morning, police said. They said there's no evidence of foul play. The couple has three children.

Police Search for Missing Mother in Missouri

This is really a sad situation. I know her father, grandfather and grandmother. I heard on the news that Renee's husband is not cooperating with authorities. According to KCTV 5, her husband last talked to her on New Year's Day, which was Thursday, but didn't report her missing until Saturday. I just have a feeling this isn't going to end well. :(

http://www.kctv5.com/news/18411800/detail.html

Police Suspect Foul Play In Woman's Disappearance
Kansas City Mother Wouldn't Have Left Her Kids, Neighbor Says

POSTED: 6:58 am CST January 5, 2009
UPDATED: 5:13 pm CST January 5, 2009

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City police said Monday they suspect foul play in the disappearance of a woman missing since Saturday.

Pernice's father, Rick Pretz, said he is growing increasingly concerned as each hour passes. He said it's not like Pernice to just take off. He last spoke with her on New Year's Day and reported her missing on Saturday.

Luvbeaches,
Do you know if the dogs were recovered? According to the news, The husband Shon said he last seen her on Friday 8am, when she left to walk the dogs? Any info on the dogs. Also, what alerted her father to call the police. Why didn't her husband call the police.
IMO:The husband is responsible for her disappearance and dumped her cell phone on 6th and Gladstone. Do you know where he works and if he was supposedly at work on Friday? Thanks

This poor woman has 3 kids. I hope LE can get more out of the family.

Luvbeaches,
Do you know if the dogs were recovered? According to the news, The husband Shon said he last seen her on Friday 8am, when she left to walk the dogs? Any info on the dogs. Also, what alerted her father to call the police. Why didn't her husband call the police.
IMO:The husband is responsible for her disappearance and dumped her cell phone on 6th and Gladstone. Do you know where he works and if he was supposedly at work on Friday? Thanks

I really don't know any of the details yet. I am going to call a friend (that also knows them) and see if she's heard anything (she's the one that called me in the first place). She's not home from work yet, so I probably won't know anything until later.

I was going to call the family today, and see if there's anything I can do, but I was gone all day. I haven't watched the news yet to see if there's any new developments. I will post some info, but I am hesitant to post too much of our conversation. We talk about these situations all the time here at WS, but when it's someone you know, it's totally different. I will say I did not know Renee. I've met her (she was younger), but I really do not know her, nor do I know anything about her husband.

Are you from this area? The reason I ask is because we live south in Kansas, and I really don't know too much about North of the river.

When I first heard that her phone was found near Independence Avenue, my heart skipped a beat. That's a BAD area. I used to go to the Roma Bakery just off 1-70 and Independence years ago (they've moved, I think), and I would go only in the daytime, and after a while I quit going because I was afraid to be there.

The very first thing I thought was her husband dropped her phone in that area to make it look like something happened to her, and in that area, it wouldn't be surprising.

I really don't know any of the details yet. I am going to call a friend (that also knows them) and see if she's heard anything (she's the one that called me in the first place). She's not home from work yet, so I probably won't know anything until later.

I was going to call the family today, and see if there's anything I can do, but I was gone all day. I haven't watched the news yet to see if there's any new developments. I will post some info, but I am hesitant to post too much of our conversation. We talk about these situations all the time here at WS, but when it's someone you know, it's totally different. I will say I did not know Renee. I've met her (she was younger), but I really do not know her, nor do I know anything about her husband.

Are you from this area? The reason I ask is because we live south in Kansas, and I really don't know too much about North of the river.

When I first heard that her phone was found near Independence Avenue, my heart skipped a beat. That's a BAD area. I used to go to the Roma Bakery just off 1-70 and Independence years ago (they've moved, I think), and I would go only in the daytime, and after a while I quit going because I was afraid to be there.

The very first thing I thought was her husband dropped her phone in that area to make it look like something happened to her, and in that area, it wouldn't be surprising.

Not from this area. Mid-Missouri. We are a little familiar with KC, but did not know this was a bad neighborhood. Thanks for that info.
If you get any answers to the other questions, that would be great. just trying to piece some things together.

http://www.myfoxkc.com/myfox/pages/...n=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

"Family of Renee and Shon said there were having troubles. They filed for divorce in 2005, but the case was dismissed in 2007. Sgt. Pernice declined comment to FOX 4, but his attorney said he is cooperating with police and wants Renee to be found."

According to Missouri Casenet records. This dissolution that was filed in 2005 said without children. Can we assume then that her three children would have been all under the age of 3?

This doesn't look good at all.. looks like the husband may be preparing himself a combat stress excuse

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,477465,00.html

This is a local story that is now national. Renee is a mother of 3 and a teacher at a hospital Last seen Jan 2. Her and husband have been having marital problems and filed for divorce at one time. He was the last to see her and now he has lawyered up. I have a bad feeling her husband is responsible for her disappearance.

ANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City police investigating the disappearance of a Kansas City mother used dogs to search a wooded area behind a park near her home again on Wednesday, but there was no word about whether they found anything of value.

http://www.kctv5.com/news/18432824/detail.html

Last night on Greta did I hear correctly that Renee's car was parked at Shon's parents house?

Interesting comments about the case by people who apparently know Renee/Shon http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/2009/01/where-is-renee.html?cid=144504488#comment-144504488

Very interesting comments at this link, Luzianne! Plenty of people commenting about Shon's fascination with dead bodies, stealing everything from paychecks to guns and posession of drugs and large amounts of cash, so they say. I found the person's comment who recalled a conversation with Shon on the subject of feeding dead bodies to hogs most interesting!

I'm not on Myspace or Facebook, but I'd bet Shon brags about himself online somewhere. Anyone up for a search?

Susan

Her phone was found in a park that was searched today. Their home is now being searched by police. Her parents said that they haven't talked to her husband or the kids since last week as he won't talk to them. Another case where the parents not the husband is on TV asking for help from the public.

Let's see - the husband won't participate in the search or talk to family, and his lawyer says that he thinks that the wife is alive. Next he'll say she ran off with another man. Shades of Drew Peterson?

Also read this:The couple were having troubles in their marriage, according to relatives.
The couple filed for divorce in 2005, but withdrew the filing in 2007
They were preparing to file again when Renee disappeared.

Hmmm...hubby didn't report her missing, her father did. Hubby lawyers up and kicks them out the house....not looking well for hubby here is it!?!

I hope she returns safe but my gut is saying different.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back