Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: MO - Renee Pernice: Mom of 3, 35, Kansas City, 2 Jan 2009 - Part #1

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    Thanks for checking facebook, Woof and Tonia. Luzianne, when he was posting on the military blogs, did he have a nic or was he just using "Shon"?

I wish we could find a way to get some of those posters from the Kansas City blogspot to discuss with us here at Websleuths. Some of them may read here if they start Googling for info. If any of Renee and Shon's friends are here, please, sign up and join the discussion!

Susan
    Why not post on the Kansas City blog and invite them over? You don't have to sign up to post on that blog. But one of them was posting on another board stuff he knows first hand because he knows people who know Shon and Renee and he was banned from the board because he didn't have proof or a link to back up what he was saying.

On the military ones he was posting as Shon Pernice. You should be able to find those posts through pipl.com. That's how I found them. It was mostly thanking other military people for their service, etc.

Good point. Call the cell, call her work, call her parents and friends, unless you are too busy disposing of evidence to think of it!

Another interesting tidbit. When I was watching the KC news at 5 o'oclock, they said that police got a search warrant and searched the house today. They said Shon and his mother were at the house when police arrived. The reporter on location was asked if the KIDS were at the house too, and she said no - the kids weren't home from school yet. HE SENT THE KIDS TO SCHOOL? He is taking a leave of absence from his firefighter job and he didn't go for his National Guard weekend because she was missing, but he sends his kids to school?

I don't know, maybe having them in a routine would be a good thing but can you imagine your mother is missing and Christmas break has just ended and you have to go to school? I don't think I could send my kids to school so soon, when she is still missing, etc.

Oops! Sorry! Moderator can feel free to delete my posts in this thread then. I didn't realize I was posting in the wrong place.

I'll ask a moderator to merge the discussion posts from this thread to the proper one so we can continue discussing without losing any info.

Susan

I had thought Shon was supposed to leave on Saturday for National Guard. Upon reading further, I see it was Friday he was supposed to leave. So like someone brought up on another thread, what was his excuse for not going? If he thought Renee had just left for a while and didn't know where she went, why wouldn't he go ahead and show up, knowing that Renee knew that he had to go and trusting that she would be there to get the children from the neighbor's where they spent the night?

Thanks for all of the local info you've been giving us Luzianne! I think the mods will move our other posts when they have time.

So he was supposed to leave on Friday...no good excuse for not going, then. I'll bet he has fingernail scratches...wonder if cops took pics when they had him in fro questioning?

Here's the link to the Kansas City comments that Luzianne posted on the other thread:

http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_sc...ment-144504488

Lots of interesting stuff from people who know Renee and Shon, in case anyone wants to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    Thanks for all of the local info you've been giving us Luzianne! I think the mods will move our other posts when they have time.

So he was supposed to leave on Friday...no good excuse for not going, then. I'll bet he has fingernail scratches...wonder if cops took pics when they had him in fro questioning?
    I don't know if they actually have even had him in for questioning. He won't talk to the police other than through his attorney and in the beginning when they asked him for information all he would say is he didn't know where she was. I read an article tonight where the police said he is NOT cooperating with them.

I wonder if Renee had short nails, being a nurse? She was actually a nursing instructor the last 18 months I think, but I would think being a nurse (she used to be an ER nurse), she'd be used to keeping her nails short.

Hey
    I was just wondering...does anyone know if the grandparents are trying to get the kids away from the husband?
    It just reminds me of Nancy and Brad Cooper...
    i mean are the kids safe w/ him if he is suspected of doing something?
    I feel sooooo bad for the kids
    I sat there for the longest time
    after you were gone....
    thinking about all things we said.....
    and all the things we didn't say...
    I wonder if you misunderstood,
    cause I'm no good when it comes to talking....
    And I'm sorry,I didn't know the words.......
    to make you stay.

Independence Fire Chief Sandy Schiess said Shon Pernice was granted vacation on Sunday and had been scheduled to report last week to National Guard duty.

Because of his wife’s disappearance, he did not leave.

They also agreed to allow Pernice’s sons to be interviewed by police in a neutral location in Parkville.
    Also was mentioned that she took her keys and wallet. I have heard the car was in the driveway,i have heard that its missing to but i cant find any reports about the cars whereabouts.

It will be interesting to see what they find in the house. I feel that they will find some interesting things. Shon was into a lot of weird things, as most of you can read from the KC STAR Blog's. It would be interesting to talk to someone from the National Guard to see what type of missions he did in Iraq. You can't believe what Shon has to say. I have a feeling he played up his role in Iraq to everyone. Also, Shon was in the Navy also. He was on active duty and in the Naval Reserves. He was a Quartermaster. I'm waiting for him to declare PSD anytime now. I wonder what he told the Fire Department about his time in Iraq.

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City police have begun searching the home of a missing 35-year-old mother of three.

The search of Renee Pernice's home began Thursday and could last 24 to 36 hours.
    Investigators believe her disappearance is suspicious, and that foul play may have been involved.
    more at link
    http://www.kmbc.com/news/18440357/detail.html

Police are still searching the house today.

I do know that when they went to the house with the search warrant they used an explosive to enter and the attorney had this to say about it.

“They know he is an Iraqi veteran and has a traumatic brain injury, and while, yes, like many Missourians, he owns guns, they could have called us and had us take him into custody,” Baldwin said. “They could have waited until he left to pick up his kids from school.

“They have not charged him with anything, but it seems like they are trying to create a situation for him.”

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/nameSearch.do

Missouri court search does not indicate that Shon was ever arrested or charged with drugs, or weapons or stealing. So, I don't know the acuracy of those statements. It does show several civil suits from banks. It shows the filing for dissolution with Renee 8/26/2005. Interesting it say dissolution w/o children, but seeing the ages of the children, that was obviosly inaccurate. It shows that there was a patenity hearing from GLH on 3/30/1999 and he was ordered to pay support.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/story/970139.html

Shon Pernice was asleep in the basement when he said that about 9 a.m. Friday Renee told him she was leaving. He assumed she went for a walk or left with friends or family, Baldwin said. Their children had spent the night with neighbors.

Baldwin said Shon Pernice was supposed to leave that day for a two-week National Guard training session.

Shon Pernice told Baldwin he did not know what Renee was wearing when she left but later realized she had taken her wallet and keys. He talked to police Saturday, took the children to relatives and searched the neighborhoods surrounding their home, Baldwin said.

The couple had been married for about a decade and experienced the challenges most couples routinely experience, he said. Renee Pernice had filed for divorce in 2005 but filed for a dismissal in January 2007.

They hit a rough patch after Shon Pernice, who is an Independence firefighter, recently returned home from a tour of duty in Iraq. They discussed a possible separation, but things had gone well during the holidays, and Baldwin said his client assumed everything was fine.

Pretz declined to comment about his daughter’s marriage.

He said family members became concerned Saturday after Renee Pernice’s sister phoned the North Kansas City residence and was told that Renee had been gone for some time. Pretz said he and other family members then went to the North Patrol Division to file a missing person’s report. They also asked police to accompany them to search the couple’s home, which they had keys to, he said.

Although Shon Pernice was not home, family members and police searched through belongings and looked for phone numbers to ask friends where they thought Pernice might have gone, Pretz said.

Shon Pernice showed up later with his attorneys, and they were told to leave, Pretz said.

“We fear something bad has happened. It is unbelievable to feel she walked off and leave her children,” he said.

Don't you find this interesting, that he thought she was with friends or family, yet calls off duty for National gaurd this day, Never reports her misssing, yet the very next day arrives back at his home with attorneys?????

18. The Following User Says Thank You to INQUIRING MINDS For This Useful Post:

Renee's parents have not been allowed to talk to the children. They have tried to call Shon but he doesn't answer their calls. I just saw an article where Shon's attorney says Shon is trying to reach out to Renee's family. Yeah right. The attorney also says he is cooperating with police and police say he is NOT cooperating.

They are still searching the house and they say it may take 24 to 36 hours to search the house. I sure hope they find something.

http://www.kmbc.com/mostpopular/18447247/detail.html

The search may continue into Saturday. The police have removed computer equipment from the home.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Luzianne For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by INQUIRING MINDS View Post
    http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/story/970139.html
    Don't you find this interesting, that he thought she was with friends or family, yet calls off duty for National gaurd this day, Never reports her misssing, yet the very next day arrives back at his home with attorneys?????
    Yes, very interesting. Very fishy. Also, he took vacation time for work to deal with her disappearance, but sends his kids to school. Why don't they get time off to deal with their mother's disappearance? I can't imagine sending my kids to school when they don't know where one of their parents is.

Just reported on local news: Bomb and arson squad on the way to the home. All investigators came out of the house and instead of cordoning off only the house, now have the entire street cordoned of, and have moved reporters and everyone else back from the house. Investigators only said that they have found something inside the house that concerns them.

Quote Originally Posted by Luzianne View Post
    Yes, very interesting. Very fishy. Also, he took vacation time for work to deal with her disappearance, but sends his kids to school. Why don't they get time off to deal with their mother's disappearance? I can't imagine sending my kids to school when they don't know where one of their parents is.
    I can't imagine the fire cheif or the police department would want Shon working in any official capacity right now. Maybe they "suggested" he take time off so he could avoid being out on involuntary leave until this is settled. Think about it...with so many who have worked with Shon, or who know him, giving first-hand accounts of his impersonating military officers and being obsessed with death, who would want a freaky guy like that responding to their 911 call?

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Luzianne View Post
    I can't imagine the fire cheif or the police department would want Shon working in any official capacity right now. Maybe they "suggested" he take time off so he could avoid being out on involuntary leave until this is settled. Think about it...with so many who have worked with Shon, or who know him, giving first-hand accounts of his impersonating military officers and being obsessed with death, who would want a freaky guy like that responding to their 911 call?

Susan

Just reported on local news: Bomb and arson squad on the way to the home. All investigators came out of the house and instead of cordoning off only the house, now have the entire street cordoned of, and have moved reporters and everyone else back from the house. Investigators only said that they have found something inside the house that concerns them.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast