736 users online (70 members and 666 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

P.I. Says He Videotaped Area Where Caylee Was Later Found #3 (Including Presser)

Continue here please

Thanks, Patty!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Sorry for the merge, then close and new thread all in a row .... at least we have a clean slate to work with.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    thanks Patty G!

I was reading up on concealment of evidence- the laws are varied, but its generally agreed that if a state has a law against concealment of evidence, that trumps attorney-client privilege if the attorney KNOWS and is protecting some sort of evidence. The defense would have to turn over the evidence to the prosecution, but wouldn't necessarily have to tell them how he found out about it - you can keep your client's secrets, you cannot commit a crime.

Here's a good article on it - it uses Maine law, but includes a lot of federal law. And except for California (which has very very strict attorney-client privilege laws), most states are the same. Any thoughts on this?

http://www.mebaroverseers.org/Ethics...inion%2060.htm

IF someone on the defense KNEW where that body was, they had an obligation to inform LE. Its concealment of evidence and obstruction of justice by the attorney. If the attorney really doesn't know - and most good defense attorneys will say ("don't tell me anything that i will have to turn over to the police if you don't want me to have to do that").

Uh oh... maybe the new charges won't be for GA or CA, but for JB! And if it was DC acting independantly (over heard something, etc.) JB just dug himself a grave saying that DC was IN HIS EMPLOYMENT -> that means JB will be held liable thru respondeat superior (where employers are held liable for the crimes of their employees if within the scope of employment)... egad!

No press conference today.

I'm guessing they tested it with a focus group and it didn't stand up very well and so they are going back to rewrite it.

Lawyered up,maybe? Lawyer said NO NO!?

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post

I'm guessing they tested it with a focus group and it didn't stand up very well and so they are going back to rewrite it.

(I thought they were making sure that they had plenty of time to get through on JB's newest tip line.)

Someday someone is going to call a press conference and no one is going to show up. But I had been wondering how, if Hoover had been unreachable, and how, if Casey was so all fired angry at him, and how, if OCSO was wanting to talk to Hoover, at just how this presser was going to happen.
    As I received information, and relayed it to the defendant after her arrest, she continued to claim ignorance and at times, laughed at the situation. She still failed to show any outward signs of remorse or concern for her missing two year old daughter.
    --Yuri Melich, arrest warrant, July 16, 2008

In this case, then JB will need a good lawyer, he's such a loser!!

Quote Originally Posted by KR2tonenow View Post
    In this case, then JB will need a good lawyer, he's such a loser!!
    If the case ends without him being disbarred I'll be so surprised I'll pass out.

Quote Originally Posted by lawlady84 View Post
    I was reading up on concealment of evidence- the laws are varied, but its generally agreed that if a state has a law against concealment of evidence, that trumps attorney-client privilege if the attorney KNOWS and is protecting some sort of evidence. The defense would have to turn over the evidence to the prosecution, but wouldn't necessarily have to tell them how he found out about it - you can keep your client's secrets, you cannot commit a crime.

Here's a good article on it - it uses Maine law, but includes a lot of federal law. And except for California (which has very very strict attorney-client privilege laws), most states are the same. Any thoughts on this?

http://www.mebaroverseers.org/Ethics...inion%2060.htm

IF someone on the defense KNEW where that body was, they had an obligation to inform LE. Its concealment of evidence and obstruction of justice by the attorney. If the attorney really doesn't know - and most good defense attorneys will say ("don't tell me anything that i will have to turn over to the police if you don't want me to have to do that").

Uh oh... maybe the new charges won't be for GA or CA, but for JB! And if it was DC acting independantly (over heard something, etc.) JB just dug himself a grave saying that DC was IN HIS EMPLOYMENT -> that means JB will be held liable thru respondeat superior (where employers are held liable for the crimes of their employees if within the scope of employment)... egad!
    This may be a dumb question, but if it were to be found out that DC was indeed working for JB, could DC claim he was working as an independent contractor and would that make any difference in JB being held liable?

If the case ends without him being disbarred I'll be so surprised I'll pass out.
    I would be interested to see who he has represented in the past and how they faired...I was going to say how they made out, but I didn't want to go there. Has DC worked for JB before that we know if?

No presser... I predicted that this morning. Again, WFTV is not naming its source. Didn't name the source for the announcement of the presser either, did they? Bad journalism... unreliable source.

Quote Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
    I would be interested to see who he has represented in the past and how they faired...I was going to say how they made out, but I didn't want to go there. Has DC worked for JB before that we know if?
    Since JB hasn't had a handful of cases that I am aware of...hard to tell.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast