759 users online (94 members and 665 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Hi all-in a moment of sheer insanity and frustration, I sent an email with a flyer attached to all of the parochial schools I could find online in Indiana that were in existence before 1960...In the next day or so I will post the names and any responses I get.

I am trying to wrap my very soft brain around some other means to get his name/face out there.
    Depending on which flier you sent, they may not answer you.
    One flier (SieSie) makes it sound like 1948 is a definite year. I have stuff crossed out on both fliers here for one reason or another.

I'll post more when it isn't so dark. I'm just waking up.

As I alluded to on the memories thread, I am starting to wonder if what we are up against is someone who was "in the system" as a child.
    quite possible

K-I am going to merge my early morning rant about parochial schools here, lol. I will send a pm to Christine!!
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by RKnowley View Post
    I am trying to organize all the pics into one folder:

http://picasaweb.google.com/RKnowley...ey=GQbUoGBd7g4#
    Hi RK, your first web album link worked, but the second one says you have no public albums.

Here is the link to the 2nd album. I hope it works. If not, please let me know and I will try again

http://picasaweb.google.com/RKnowley...eat=directlink

HI RK that link works great.

FYI, I found WS through the Dr. Phil show - the repeat showing. Can't believe I didn't find WS until then. Oh well! Have found it now. This case fascinates me, and I just cannot believe he hasn't been ID'd yet. I had a strange feeling that I had seen him before, but it would be from a very long time ago, like 25-30 years. I can't shake that feeling, but nothing has come up in my memory or from my subconscious yet. I am not from Colorado or Indiana, btw. Nor near where he was found.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you or in general. Thanks!

I haven't been around lately and just dropping in here now. I was wondering if anyone here looked through the pictures I posted (I know they are small but they do have names next to them) from the 1965 Ben Davis High School (in Indianapolis, Indiana) yearbook (link below). There is a Neil Powell listed as a junior in that school. I am wondering if anyone has tried to trace/follow his line/link to the POWELL surname?
    http://picasaweb.google.com/RKnowley/1965BenDavisHighSchoolIndianapolisIndianaYearbookP hotos?authkey=l5M9Oz-YoKw#5288373807844477522

I uploaded photos of the juniors from the Ben Davis High School (Indianapolis, Indiana) Yearbook to my Picasa Web Album found here: http://picasaweb.google.com/RKnowley...73807844477522.

I thought some of you would want to look and see if there are any students you think resemble Benjaman. If there are some that need further research then we could compare notes, etc.

If someone here has the time, could you check the link above and see if it works for you, please? I am not certain if I need to make it published in order for others to view the photos or if it will work for others at the link I provided. Thanks!
    Last edited by Earthbound Misfit I; 11-12-2009 at 04:22 PM.

I haven't been around lately and just dropping in here now. I was wondering if anyone here looked through the pictures I posted (I know they are small but they do have names next to them) from the 1965 Ben Davis High School (in Indianapolis, Indiana) yearbook (link below). There is a Neil Powell listed as a junior in that school. I am wondering if anyone has tried to trace/follow his line/link to the POWELL surname?
    http://picasaweb.google.com/RKnowley/1965BenDavisHighSchoolIndianapolisIndianaYearbookP hotos?authkey=l5M9Oz-YoKw#5288373807844477522

I am doing the happy dance that you are bbaaaaackkkk!!!!

I have not seen the Powell picture yet but what jumps out IMMEDIATELY on the first page of photos is two students with the last name of Benjamin....back to looking
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

It's good to be back There is another POWELL (female) in the same class. I wonder if they could be twins.

Ben Davis High School was named after Benjamin Davis. I wonder if the students may have been known as a "Benja man" or something similar to that.

ETA: Ben Davis High School alumni have a Facebook page found here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...d=304042290474

I am doing the happy dance that you are bbaaaaackkkk!!!!

I have not seen the Powell picture yet but what jumps out IMMEDIATELY on the first page of photos is two students with the last name of Benjamin....back to looking
    Last edited by Earthbound Misfit I; 11-12-2009 at 05:14 PM.

Actually, would you guys give me your perspective on a few of the seniors and one junior?

Jon Alan Bath (SR class)
    Roger Lynn Brissey(Sr Class)
    Jack Edward Brown (Sr. Class)
    Thomas Allen Brumagen(Sr. Class)
    Charles Bogden (Junior class)
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Zaha View Post

======================

Oh my.
    Shall we check and see if Mr Neil Powell has any listings on line?
    Be back.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

I am concentrating on Benjaman's ears-the tops of his ears are close to his head as opposed to curving outwards like most. Then his earlobes are specifically shaped. Even Neil Powell's ears curve outward from his head unlike BK's.

Am I just insane now from years of looking at pictures or do you guys get what I am focusing on???
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

I'm not so sure about age. I believe he could be as young as 46. Either way he is one handsome man.

Direct link to Powell

At Picasa, there is a magnifying glass on the top right of the photo to allow for zooming in.

I am concentrating on Benjaman's ears-the tops of his ears are close to his head as opposed to curving outwards like most. Then his earlobes are specifically shaped. Even Neil Powell's ears curve outward from his head unlike BK's.

Am I just insane now from years of looking at pictures or do you guys get what I am focusing on???
    =============================

Don't worry, I feel a little insane at times too.
    Too many pictures, earlobes, eyebrows, noses.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast