Benjaman's School Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earthbound Misfit I

Justice for Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Reaction score
I hope it's ok to break down some of the subjects to discuss certain aspects of Benjaman's life. I was hoping for a thread for discussing his school years (post schools he may have attended, etc) another thread for job related posts (post jobs he may have held) etc.

This thread should be devoted to anything school related.

Mod's please delete this thread if you feel that we don't need a seperate thread for these items :biggrin:

On ancestry.com there is a scan of a yearbook from Indiana>Indianapolis>Ben Davis High School from the year 1965. Does anyone think it would be worthwhile to go through this yearbook and look for a young Benjaman? Is there any possibility he may have attended this school during this timeframe?

ETA: I would be more than happy to let Benjaman use my account on ancestry if he would like to scan through this yearbook. I don't know if Ben has access to a computer at this time or not??

I hope it's ok to break down some of the subjects to discuss certain aspects of Benjaman's life. I was hoping for a thread for discussing his school years (post schools he may have attended, etc) another thread for job related posts (post jobs he may have held) etc.

This thread should be devoted to anything school related.

Mod's please delete this thread if you feel that we don't need a seperate thread for these items :biggrin:
--------------------------------------------------
I think this thread is a good idea. Sometimes clues or leads get lost in a larger thread.
Do you have access to the Catholic schools in Indianapolis as well?

It seems that BK has mentioned he has access to a computer, he did say he looked up missing person websites, etc.
But I do not know if he has a computer now.

On ancestry.com there is a scan of a yearbook from Indiana>Indianapolis>Ben Davis High School from the year 1965. Does anyone think it would be worthwhile to go through this yearbook and look for a young Benjaman? Is there any possibility he may have attended this school during this timeframe?

ETA: I would be more than happy to let Benjaman use my account on ancestry if he would like to scan through this yearbook. I don't know if Ben has access to a computer at this time or not??

------------------------------------------------------------------
1965. If BK is correct on his age, he would have been a junior that year. So, it could be very helpful.
I have all my old yearbooks and I graduated in 1965. Not Indiana or Colorado, unfortunately.

A thought. Do you think ancestry.com or classmates.com would let us post BK's picture in the Indiana high school classes from say, 1962 to 1968? Starting with senior high of 1966?

I uploaded photos of the juniors from the Ben Davis High School (Indianapolis, Indiana) Yearbook to my Picasa Web Album found here: http://picasaweb.google.com/RKnowle...hotos?authkey=l5M9Oz-YoKw#5288373807844477522.

I thought some of you would want to look and see if there are any students you think resemble Benjaman. If there are some that need further research then we could compare notes, etc.

If someone here has the time, could you check the link above and see if it works for you, please? I am not certain if I need to make it published in order for others to view the photos or if it will work for others at the link I provided. Thanks!

Link works great for me RK!

Salem

Thank you so much for checking that out Salem! I really appreciate it.

ETA: I think I will go ahead and do the other years that are in the yearbook, also.

Link works great for me RK!

Salem

RK - I looked at the pictures and think there are several possibilities. Next, I will review them with a picture of BK up so I can compare.

Once we have a few that might be possibles - what is the next step? How will we run them down?

Salem

Okay. I looked over the pictures from Ben Davis High School yearbook.
There are several who might be BK. But it is so hard to tell.
Those boys were 17 or 18 years old, comparing them to a 60 year old BK.

We all change, some more than others.
I am in the more than others category myself.

It might be a bit easier to compare the high school pics to the regression photos that Dr. Phil did?

Okay. I looked over the pictures from Ben Davis High School yearbook.
There are several who might be BK. But it is so hard to tell.
Those boys were 17 or 18 years old, comparing them to a 60 year old BK.

We all change, some more than others.
I am in the more than others category myself.

RKnowley:
Maybe these photos could be sent to FBI or BK. They could blow the size up and check them out.
For me, it is incredibly hard to tell anything with the pictures so small.
Of course, that could be because I am 61 and wear bifocals.

Hi all-in a moment of sheer insanity and frustration, I sent an email with a flyer attached to all of the parochial schools I could find online in Indiana that were in existence before 1960...In the next day or so I will post the names and any responses I get.

I am trying to wrap my very soft brain around some other means to get his name/face out there.

good idea! You mentioned the question about the possible non catholic memory and I will mention it here..... If BK has memories of being Catholic the little things he mentions from his childhood might help help narrow a time frame. My parents both went to catholic school and my mom would remember much if they are about the same age. If Mr. Kyle cares to share any of his thoughts, or memories about Catholic school I will pass them along to my mom.... does that make sense? I am tried.

As I alluded to on the memories thread, I am starting to wonder if what we are up against is someone who was "in the system" as a child.

Hi all-in a moment of sheer insanity and frustration, I sent an email with a flyer attached to all of the parochial schools I could find online in Indiana that were in existence before 1960...In the next day or so I will post the names and any responses I get.

I am trying to wrap my very soft brain around some other means to get his name/face out there.

Depending on which flier you sent, they may not answer you.
One flier (SieSie) makes it sound like 1948 is a definite year. I have stuff crossed out on both fliers here for one reason or another.

I'll post more when it isn't so dark. I'm just waking up.

As I alluded to on the memories thread, I am starting to wonder if what we are up against is someone who was "in the system" as a child.

quite possible

K-I am going to merge my early morning rant about parochial schools here, lol. I will send a pm to Christine!!

HI RK that link works great.

FYI, I found WS through the Dr. Phil show - the repeat showing. Can't believe I didn't find WS until then. Oh well! Have found it now. This case fascinates me, and I just cannot believe he hasn't been ID'd yet. I had a strange feeling that I had seen him before, but it would be from a very long time ago, like 25-30 years. I can't shake that feeling, but nothing has come up in my memory or from my subconscious yet. I am not from Colorado or Indiana, btw. Nor near where he was found.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you or in general. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246