671 users online (94 members and 577 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    21,917

    OH - Angry Ohio boy, 4, shoots baby sitter

    http://ktar.com/?nid=45&sid=1019445


    And shoots them with a shotgun!
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Shot him for stepping on his foot.

    Why does a 4 year old have access to a loaded firearm? Heck, why did the babysitters even have access to loaded firearms?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Land of Wheat
    Posts
    1,931
    "Jackson County Sheriff John Shashteen says authorities are investigating. The child has not been charged."
    How would one even go about charging a 4 year old? "Okay, boy, where you're going, it's gonna be a long time til you see Barney again." The parents need to be charged with child abuse and publicly flogged.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,263
    I bet the parents get charged!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,195
    Quote Originally Posted by spamelope View Post
    "Jackson County Sheriff John Shashteen says authorities are investigating. The child has not been charged."
    How would one even go about charging a 4 year old? "Okay, boy, where you're going, it's gonna be a long time til you see Barney again." The parents need to be charged with child abuse and publicly flogged.
    Bolding by me. I'm sorry but that just cracked me up
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,789
    He shot him for stepping on his foot and he's only 4. I can imagine what he will be like when hes older. Jeez,fiesty 4 year old!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    279
    Quote Originally Posted by spamelope View Post
    "Jackson County Sheriff John Shashteen says authorities are investigating. The child has not been charged."
    How would one even go about charging a 4 year old? "Okay, boy, where you're going, it's gonna be a long time til you see Barney again." The parents need to be charged with child abuse and publicly flogged.
    OMG!!! Spamelope is too funny!!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,761
    "Eighteen-year-old Nathan Beavers was hospitalized Sunday with minor wounds to his arm and side after the shotgun attack. Police say another teen was also injured."
    http://ktar.com/?nid=45&sid=1019445

    How many teens does it take to babysit a 4 year old? So the 4 year old injured 2 teens by shooting them? This sounds suspicious..

    "Witnesses told police the child was angry because Beavers accidentally stepped on his foot. Beavers was watching the child at a mobile home in Jackson with several other teenagers and several other children."

    Beavers and some other teenagers were watching several children, with a loaded shotgun in the trailer. That's horrible, why was there even a shotgun available to children and teens? I'd be more worried about the teens getting ahold of it than a 4 year old, i guess you never know.. suspicous!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,195
    Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    "Eighteen-year-old Nathan Beavers was hospitalized Sunday with minor wounds to his arm and side after the shotgun attack. Police say another teen was also injured."
    http://ktar.com/?nid=45&sid=1019445

    How many teens does it take to babysit a 4 year old? So the 4 year old injured 2 teens by shooting them? This sounds suspicious..

    "Witnesses told police the child was angry because Beavers accidentally stepped on his foot. Beavers was watching the child at a mobile home in Jackson with several other teenagers and several other children."

    Beavers and some other teenagers were watching several children, with a loaded shotgun in the trailer. That's horrible, why was there even a shotgun available to children and teens? I'd be more worried about the teens getting ahold of it than a 4 year old, i guess you never know.. suspicous!
    Now that you mention it, it does sound odd. Is it physically possible for a 4 yr old to hold a shotgun, aim it with accuracy and pull the trigger? Hmm, maybe somebody was fooling with a shotgun and didn't want to get into trouble so they blamed it on the 4 yr old? Might be/Might not be.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,761
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Now that you mention it, it does sound odd. Is it physically possible for a 4 yr old to hold a shotgun, aim it with accuracy and pull the trigger? Hmm, maybe somebody was fooling with a shotgun and didn't want to get into trouble so they blamed it on the 4 yr old? Might be/Might not be.
    A shotgun is awfully heavy for a 4 year old to pick up and carry around i would think. Especially if the home was full of teenagers and children, someone should have noticed the child with it. I'm thinking along the same lines you are, Kat.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,559
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    http://ktar.com/?nid=45&sid=1019445


    And shoots them with a shotgun!

    Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Shot him for stepping on his foot.

    Why does a 4 year old have access to a loaded firearm? Heck, why did the babysitters even have access to loaded firearms?
    Exactly, this is why firearms should be locked up and kept unloaded.

    Quote Originally Posted by spamelope View Post
    "Jackson County Sheriff John Shashteen says authorities are investigating. The child has not been charged."
    How would one even go about charging a 4 year old? "Okay, boy, where you're going, it's gonna be a long time til you see Barney again." The parents need to be charged with child abuse and publicly flogged.
    I don't know if they can get one Teletubbie on the jury it might be a hung jury for them.

    Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    A shotgun is awfully heavy for a 4 year old to pick up and carry around i would think. Especially if the home was full of teenagers and children, someone should have noticed the child with it. I'm thinking along the same lines you are, Kat.
    I don't know I agree but it sounds like the kid admitted it but that might have been out of fear.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    2,216
    Well if the kid DID it (not sure if he did or not...) he had to learn that kind of behavior from someone (parents)...
    Lashelle


    "Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    A shotgun is awfully heavy for a 4 year old to pick up and carry around i would think. Especially if the home was full of teenagers and children, someone should have noticed the child with it. I'm thinking along the same lines you are, Kat.
    I was thinking the same thing. We have a shotgun (kept in a locked safe) and there is no way my 4 yr old, or even my 6 yr old could lift it and hold it steady long enough to accurately hit a target. Smells kinky to me.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Rochester, New York
    Posts
    30,559
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsjonnob View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. We have a shotgun (kept in a locked safe) and there is no way my 4 yr old, or even my 6 yr old could lift it and hold it steady long enough to accurately hit a target. Smells kinky to me.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Phila suburbia
    Posts
    207

    OH - Boy,4 shoots babysitter

    JACKSON, Ohio - Police say a 4-year-old boy in southern Ohio shot his babysitter because the sitter accidentally stepped on his foot. Police said 18-year-old Nathan Beavers and several other teenagers were babysitting several young children in a mobile home in Jackson on Sunday when the shooting happened.
    OOps did not see this started. Mods please delete

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. FL - baby sitter's boyfriend charged with molesting
    By MorenoI in forum Crimes-Spotlight on Children
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2011, 10:04 AM
  2. Infant dies after baby sitter falls
    By PrayersForMaura in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-19-2005, 01:04 PM