1574 users online (255 members and 1319 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

AR - Melissa 'Missy' Witt, 19, Fort Smith, 1 Dec 1994

Moved from LTWH board to discussion board, case originally started by: ginzy
    The unsolved murder of Melissa "Missy" Witt.

Quote:
    Witt was abducted from the parking lot of Bowling World in Fort Smith on Dec. 1, 1994. She was supposed to meet her mom there, but never made it inside. Instead, her car keys were found in the parking lot with a small amount of blood on them.

A massive search effort was launched, and three days later, Witt's Mitsubishi Mirage was found abandoned in the bowling alley's parking lot.
    In January of 1995, her body was discovered by a hunter in a wooded area of Turner Bend in Franklin County. More than 300 potential suspects have been interviewed, but no one has ever been arrested.

AMW is also doing a story on this and other AR cold cases. On Nov 8th. Please watch.

http://www.pressargus.com/articles/2...s02_092708.txt
    http://www.kfsm.com/Global/story.asp?S=7603348

Ms. Witt chokes up when she talks about her daughter's disappearance and death. Her daughter was so loving, so kind -- just a good girl, Ms. Witt said.

When Missy was born, Ms. Witt used to wonder if she and her daughter would get along later on in life. She worried about the age gap -- Ms. Witt was nearly 40 when she had Missy, and Missy's dad, Johnnie Witt, was almost 54.

As Missy's relatives tell it, Missy was respectful to her parents. She wrote in her memory book that she wanted to make her parents proud.

She did that, her mother said, every day.

http://thecabin.net/stories/121399/s...l#.Vm7n8korJMw
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

So I have this clear , her body is found almost an hour north of where she was reportedly abducted?

Is that Correct?

New Interest in the Missy Witt Case

Have you seen this website: http://whokilledmelissawitt.com?

I also saw this ran a few days ago: http://5newsonline.com/2015/12/13/fo...investigation/

That is correct. Her body was found in a remote location off of a logging road at Turner's Bend.

Quote Originally Posted by RichKelly View Post
    So I have this clear , her body is found almost an hour north of where she was reportedly abducted?

Is that Correct?

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Quote Originally Posted by imamaze View Post
    Witt was abducted from the parking lot of Bowling World in Fort Smith on Dec. 1, 1994. She was supposed to meet her mom there, but never made it inside. Instead, her car keys were found in the parking lot with a small amount of blood on them.

A massive search effort was launched, and three days later, Witt's Mitsubishi Mirage was found abandoned in the bowling alley's parking lot.
    Wow! What kind of a crack investigating team pulled that off?

Anyway, too bad this case is still unsolved after 21 years. Doesn't sound like there's much hope but stranger things have happened. Ft. Smith is not that far (3 hours) south from where three females disappeared at Springfield Mo, two years previous.
    Last edited by STANDREID; 12-15-2015 at 05:15 PM.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Melissa Witt

Could I answer some questions about this case for you? I'm not sure I understand your position... why would you joke about the abduction and murder of a young woman? I am not trying to be hostile - just asking because I don't seem to understand the intent of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by STANDREID View Post
    Wow! What kind of a crack investigating team pulled that off?

Anyway, too bad this case is still unsolved after 21 years. Doesn't sound like there's much hope but stranger things have happened. Ft. Smith is not that far (3 hours) south from where three females disappeared at Springfield Mo, two years previous.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthJustice View Post
    Could I answer some questions about this case for you? I'm not sure I understand your position... why would you joke about the abduction and murder of a young woman? I am not trying to be hostile - just asking because I don't seem to understand the intent of your post.
    I didn't really consider it a joke but, if you think it is, then lobby the mods to kick me off of this site-I'll just go on my way.

Stan Reid

Melissa Witt

I definitely don't want to lobby the moderators to have you removed. I now see that the part I read about a "joke" is in your signature line (This is my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking) and had nothing to do with your comment about the case. I am sorry about my misunderstanding.
    Last edited by TruthJustice; 12-15-2015 at 07:19 PM.

I definitely don't want to lobby the moderators to have you removed. I now that the part I read about a "joke" is in your signature line and had nothing to do with your comment about the case. I am sorry about that.
    No problem-Welcome to Websleuths.

Stan Reid

Have you seen this website: http://whokilledmelissawitt.com?

I also saw this ran a few days ago: http://5newsonline.com/2015/12/13/fo...investigation/
    Yes thanks I have seen it , unfortunately none of those indicate how far from the bowling alley her body was discovered .

I'm guessing this is the Turners bend community they talk about in the article, it looks to be about 40 miles northeast of Ft. Smith.

https://goo.gl/maps/ipPmk3N4pR22

Yes that is turners bend. We off road (4wd), camp and canoe in that area alot, it is very rough mountainous terrain. I would say that an hour is a good estimate for travel time from FS to turners bend, but I don't know exactly where she was found, and depending on the "logging road" it could add a significant amount of time.

Where did you see them say she was found off a "logging road"?, just curious I didnt see much on where she was recovered anywhere

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast