705 users online (95 members and 610 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CO - Peter Green, 51, slain, partially eaten, Alamosa, 15 Nov 1993 *Insanity*

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2009...eeply-ashamed/
    ALAMOSA (AP) — An attorney for a woman accused of killing and cannibalizing her ex-boyfriend says she's ashamed for doing a "horrible thing."

If they let her out, do you think she'll have any invites to dinner?

Okay, I don't know the circumstances of why she killed him, they may be legit (self-defense) whatever....however I cannot make sense as to why she would eat him?????? That's just plain crazy in my book! What kind of medication treats that??!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Indianagirl View Post
    Okay, I don't know the circumstances of why she killed him, they may be legit (self-defense) whatever....however I cannot make sense as to why she would eat him?????? That's just plain crazy in my book! What kind of medication treats that??!!!
    I dunno, an appetite suppressant maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by spamelope View Post
    HAHA! good one!

That shouldn't be funny, but it's hilarious. Seriously though, you hardly ever hear of woman cannibals. I can't think of one.

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    ~ Albert Einstein ~

Quote Originally Posted by Indianagirl View Post
    Maybe it was the last thing he said to her..

These days you have to be careful when you tell someone to "bite me!"

Here are some more articles on her

She's been out since 2005

Could there be TWO women of the same name ? that did the same thing ? !!!!
    Your article clearly said 09 and this clearly says she was freed 05 on conditions

WARNING GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION OF WHAT SHE DID Contained in link

http://www.dvmen.org/dv-163.htm#cannibal
    April 9, 2005, Alamosa — When the two-hour hearing came to a close, Jane Lynn Woodry's friends gave her hugs and congratulations, and it was only then that the nondescript woman with a pleasant smile finally spoke about herself — briefly. "I want people to know that the community is safe," Woodry said to a reporter. "I am not a danger to the community."

Sporting a conservative floral-print dress, sensible shoes and glasses fit for a librarian, the 51-year-old Woodry — known as Carolyn Gloria Blanton until she changed her name in 1999 — certainly appeared anything but threatening. [We wonder how a man who had cooked and eaten his girlfriend just 12 years ago would be described?]

On Friday, Alamosa District Judge Pattie Swift agreed Woodry is finally ready for a closely-supervised return to society.

It's quite a step forward for a woman who was found not guilty by reason of insanity for the 1993 first-degree murder in Alamosa of her boyfriend, Peter Michael Greene.
    This article also says she was set free in 2005

http://news.usti.net/home/news/cn/?/....Rwzx_FA9.html

Oh this explains it more - she has slowly been released more and more into society

http://www.durangoherald.com/section...med_for_crime/

She was committed to the Colorado Mental Health Institute in Pueblo but has gradually won more freedom since then. In 2005, she was allowed to move into an apartment off the state hospital campus in Pueblo.

Boy, have I read more on this than I probably should have. Thank you for the warning, Jane-however, I still read the article.:too much info: Graphic indeed! I'm just surprised they didn't include the woman's recipes. I have a major problem with this woman getting released. Not because she shot and ate this poor man, either. I do believe medications have kept the worst of her symptoms at bay. But here is a little blurb buried in one of the articles:He said Woodry, now 54, hasn't suffered any manifestations of schizophrenia for years and is committed to her treatment. Authorities say they found marijuana with Woodry in 2006, but Martinez called that a "bump in the road."
    I call that a serious bump in the road! Whether or not I personally feel pot should be legalized, it's still against the law. She violated it. She should never use something that could exacerbate her illness. http://web4health.info/en/answers/ad...s-paranoia.htm * There is a causal relationship between cannabis use and schizophrenia (psychotic disorders).
    * The cannabis use precipitates schizophrenia in vulnerable persons.
    * Cannabis use exacerbates schizophrenia -> symptoms are more severe.
    * Patients with psychotic disorders are more liable to abuse cannabis
    Never mind the fact that this woman should stay away from drugs notable for giving people a screaming case of the munchies.

From the article:

Ball says Woodry would still to get medication and her home would be subject to searches if she gets conditional release.

If they find steak sauce would that violate her parole?

Quote Originally Posted by LLH View Post
    Maybe it was the last thing he said to her..
    (Shaking fist) Damn you! Beat me to it!

Quote Originally Posted by JaneInOz View Post
    Here are some more articles on her

She's been out since 2005

Could there be TWO women of the same name ? that did the same thing ? !!!!
    Your article clearly said 09 and this clearly says she was freed 05 on conditions

WARNING GRAPHIC DESCRIPTION OF WHAT SHE DID Contained in link

http://www.dvmen.org/dv-163.htm#cannibal

This article also says she was set free in 2005

http://news.usti.net/home/news/cn/?/....Rwzx_FA9.html

Oh this explains it more - she has slowly been released more and more into society

Not unless there are two tasty Peter Greens in this world.

There's a great episode of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia kinda like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
    From the article:

If they find steak sauce would that violate her parole?

There's a great episode of It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia kinda like this.
    Ah! That is Dh and my favorite show! Lol "It's human meat!!"

I think "The gang solves the gas crisis" is my favorite episode though. " WILDCARD *****ES!!" And of course...I always get Dennis singing "Day man ahAHahhhhh" stuck in my head. Love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedPopsicle View Post

Ah! That is Dh and my favorite show! Lol "It's human meat!!"

I think "The gang solves the gas crisis" is my favorite episode though. " WILDCARD *****ES!!" And of course...I always get Dennis singing "Day man ahAHahhhhh" stuck in my head. Love it!!
    Nah! It was racoon you probably just got worms.

Nah! It was racoon you probably just got worms.
    Ahaha I love that show way too much for my own good. I actually just got season 3 (again) from Netflix so I'm watching that tonight!:40__s:

I always describe it as Seinfeld on crack...

Not unless there are two tasty Peter Greens in this world.
    Yeah I realized that with the other articles I posted lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast