1490 users online (380 members and 1110 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Five and Six Year Olds Elopement to Africa Foiled!

This is so cute!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...e-mika-annabel

Snipped:

"It is a dream that has been shared by lovers across the centuries – the chance to elope to exotic lands. But few would have been as bold and spontaneous as six-year-old Mika and his five-year-old sweetheart Anna-Bell who, after mulling over their options in secret, packed their suitcases on New Year's Eve and set off from the German city of Hanover to tie the knot under the heat of the African sun.
    The children left their homes at dawn while their unwitting parents were apparently sleeping, and took along Mika's seven-year-old sister, Anna-Lena, as a witness to the wedding.
    Donning sunglasses, swimming armbands and dragging a pink blow-up lilo and suitcases on wheels packed with summer clothes, cuddly toys and a few provisions, they walked a kilometre up the road, boarded a tram to Hanover train station and got as far as the express train that would take them to the airport before a suspicious station guard alerted police.
    "What struck us was that the little ones were completely on their own and that they had lots of swimming gear with them," said Holger Jureczko, a police spokesman. He described Mika and Anna-Bell as "sweethearts" who had "decided to get married in Africa where it is warm, taking with them as a witness Mika's sister".
    Anna-Bell told the German television station RTL: "We wanted to get married and so we just thought: 'Let's go there.' "
    Mika said: "We wanted to take the train to the airport, then we wanted to get on a plane and when we arrived we wanted to unpack the summer things and then we wanted to go for a bit of a stroll in the sun.""

For Travis Alexander, a human being.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Here's another article which identifies the kids as Anna Lena (age 7?) and Mika (age 6), as well as Anna Bell, the witness (age 5). This seems to be a more accurate report as it agrees with several other news reports online. It has a bit more info on the kids as well:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...ried-warm.html
    Last edited by gitana1; 01-06-2009 at 02:14 PM.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

That is so sweet! I am really glad though they were found safe.

So Cal Redlands, CA to be exact. We call it Inland Empire!
    wow! Its sweet and cute and I wish I could still see life in the eyes of children still. I am just glad they are safe and curious to see if they do follow through with it later in life.
    The world is divided into two kinds of people: those who have tattoos, and those who are afraid of people with tattoos. ~Author Unknown

Mother is the name for God on the hearts and lips of all children.

I was just coming to post this! I read it here"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,477064,00.html

Way cute!