736 users online (120 members and 616 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Astrology - MUNDANE (World Affairs & Events)

I follow one main thread, and also keep an eye on a couple of the online charts, like this one from the University of Utah, linked below. If you can't read it, don't worry, I can't either

http://www.quake.utah.edu/helicorder/yml_webi.htm

If you scroll down on this link, you can see the date and local time, intensity, etc...

http://www.seis.utah.edu/recenteqs/Maps/111-45.html

And, here is the 125 pages of posts I have been following. I will post a few pages back for you, so you can catch up reading. There are differing opinions, just like you would see on the weather forums when the meteorologists all argue about hurricane tracks and intensities.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread422630/pg116

Sorry to be off topic, but folks just don't visit the Jury Room much.
    Last edited by FifthEssence; 09-18-2009 at 02:10 AM.

Astrology - Mundane

Mundane astrology is the application of astrology to world affairs and world events, taking its name from the Latin word Mundus, meaning "the World".

Mundane astrology is a branch of Judicial astrology and is widely believed by astrological historians to be the most ancient branch of astrology.

In the Middle Ages mundane astrology was more commonly known as the study of Revolutions - meaning the study of the revolutions of the planets in their apparent orbits around the Earth, as they were then believed to do.

I have a particular interest in this area, and in Political Astrology. I will post here when something happens that might be of general interest.
    Last edited by housemouse; 01-06-2009 at 10:20 PM. Reason: creating order

Thank you housemouse. Greatly looking forward to it!

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Rumor; vague threat to NYC tomorrow

A fairly reliable poster on FreeRepublic has posted about a veiled threat against NYC tomorrow. The thread will be posted at the bottom of this post.

So, doing diligence, I took a look at the USA chart to see if there was anything in the astrological weather, so to speak.

But, first you need to understand that there is a major debate among mundane astrologers about which chart for the USA is the correct one to use. I don't know, but study a couple of the more popular ones.

I see nothing that jumps of the page, but here is a progressed Mars (retrograde) conjunct progressed Midheaven in one chart for the USA.

And, in another chart, used by Merriman, set for July 2nd, there is a transiting Mars opposition the natal USA Sun. Also, a progressed Mars semisquare progressed Mars, and a progressed Sun semisquare progressed Midheaven.

If anything untoward does happen in NYC after tomorrow, we will have to note the time for research purposes!

Here is the link promised. There are a lots of posts, some nay-sayers, and some accepting the poster's warning as possibly a "test" of NYC's defenses, and some taking it fairly seriously. You all can make up your own minds.

I am posting the last page, so you won't have to wade through the entire list of messages, and can skip to the latest posts...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/ne...&;page=360#360
    Last edited by housemouse; 01-06-2009 at 05:20 PM. Reason: forgot link!

Quote Originally Posted by housemouse View Post
    A fairly reliable poster on FreeRepublic has posted about a veiled threat against NYC tomorrow. The thread will be posted at the bottom of this post.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/ne...&;page=360#360
    I dunno. Sounds hinky to me, and sounds like these:

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/warning.asp
    Faxing death threats to a location near you!

Several of the posters on FreeRepublic mentioned the same thing, about Snopes.

I am just a researcher, and am will be watching to see if there are any attacks on Jewish sites/schools, etc.

Earthquake Astrology

There is some debate about whether Astrology can be used to predict earthquakes. I do not know, but am going to be studying it this month.

Here are some dates an Indian Engineer/Astrologer thinks might be worth watching in January. We can all see what his accuracy rate might be. I think I understand his theory about it.

11 th Jan -7.1
    12th January -7.6
    15th January -1130 -7.4
    23 rd January 2009 -6.1
    25/ 26hth January 2009 -6.9

He thinks January and June of 2009 will see major natural disasters, and thinks his methods can be used to predict Volcanic eruptions and Cyclones as well.

In my own little corner in my own little chair
    Housemouse,
    I was reading here and not really paying much attention to the news at 11,
    but I did hear something about a quake in California.

From CNN: http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/01/09/california.earthquake/

"The magnitude 4.5 quake struck at 7:50 p.m. (10:50 p.m. ET) and was centered in San Bernardino, about 55 miles east of Los Angeles. A smaller magnitude 3.3 aftershock hit about an hour later."

Sorry I don't have more info, I don't post much, but I think you are Awesome!!
    May you dream you are dreaming in a warm soft bed
    and the voices inside you that fill you with dread
    make the sounds of thousands of angels instead
    tonight where you might be laying your head.
    I wish you well.
    ~~~~~~~~~~Patty Griffin~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~Nobody's Crying~~~~~~~~

My posts are my own opinion, unless a link is included.

Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    There is some debate about whether Astrology can be used to predict earthquakes. I do not know, but am going to be studying it this month.

Here are some dates an Indian Engineer/Astrologer thinks might be worth watching in January. We can all see what his accuracy rate might be. I think I understand his theory about it.

11 th Jan -7.1
    12th January -7.6
    15th January -1130 -7.4
    23 rd January 2009 -6.1

He thinks January and June of 2009 will see major natural disasters, and thinks his methods can be used to predict Volcanic eruptions and Cyclones as well.
    housemouse, I hope all is well with you & mr housemouse!
    Did you see this article? I thought you might want to read it. Hope everything is going well with your sister too! Prayers are sent your way from me. I'm so proud of what you brought to WS's did you ever think that it would expand to your own home for all of you astro's? Congrats to you!

Quakes Shake Loose Fears About Yellowstone Volcano

<snip>
    Hundreds of small earthquakes at Yellowstone National Park in recent weeks have been an unsettling reminder for some people that underneath the park's famous geysers and majestic scenery lurks one of the world's biggest volcanoes.

"To those of us who have been following these events, we know that something is brewing, especially considering that Yellowstone is over 40,000 years overdue for a major eruption," warned a posting on the online disaster forum Armageddononline.org.

Another Web site contained a page entitled "Yellowstone Warning" that encouraged "everyone to leave Yellowstone National Park for 100 miles around the volcano caldera because of the danger in poisonous gasses that can escape from the hundreds of recent earthquakes."

That site, which carried the U.S. Geological Survey logo, has since been taken down.

Article:
    http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=3.3.1
    <div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

Keeping folks up to date...

Yellowstone just had another small (3.0) quake at 1:17 Eastern. UPDATE! There have been four small quakes in Yellowstone Area. Happened while I was out shoveling 30 inches of snow.

Some people are making much of the recent swarms, which are unusual. But no-one can predict that anything "awful" will happen. Most think a large "hydrothermal" eruption is most probable, if anything. Yellowstone has these from time to time.

And, we need to look for earthquakes on the dates mentioned above, that match the magnitude he predicts, but we do not know the location. Could be anywhere!

What I find interesting about the latest Yellowstone quake is that the swarms seemed to coincide with the Mars/Pluto conjunction, and slowed down ad Mars went past Pluto.

Where is the moon right now? approaching an opposition to Pluto. I make no conclusions from this, but find it interesting.

Also, since we associate Pluto with the Casey Anthony case, I wonder if there will be any news released today regarding the murder of Caylee?
    Last edited by housemouse; 01-09-2009 at 03:19 PM. Reason: adding information

The latest on Yellowstone earthquakes today....

Today 9th January

1.7 2009/01/09 12:47:41 44.659N 110.242W 5.5 46 km (29 mi) SSW of Cooke City-Silver Gate, MT

1.4 2009/01/09 12:08:27 44.691N 110.253W 2.2 44 km (27 mi) SW of Cooke City-Silver Gate, MT

1.9 2009/01/09 11:57:14 44.665N 110.274W 2.0 47 km (29 mi) SW of Cooke City-Silver Gate, MT

1.8 2009/01/09 11:51:31 44.665N 110.261W 4.4 47 km (29 mi) SSW of Cooke City-Silver Gate, MT

3.3 2009/01/09 11:17:31 44.678N 110.254W 3.1 45 km (28 mi) SSW of Cooke City-Silver Gate, MT

1.4 2009/01/09 11:10:39 44.669N 110.265W 2.4 46 km (29 mi) SW of Cooke City-Silver Gate, MT

2.4 2009/01/09 11:08:13 44.669N 110.254W 4.2 46 km (29 mi) SSW of Cooke City-Silver Gate, MT

1.1 2009/01/09 11:06:02 44.669N 110.256W 2.2 46 km (29 mi) SSW of Cooke City-Silver Gate, MT

1.1 2009/01/09 09:33:36 44.735N 111.155W 7.3 9 km ( 6 mi) NNW of West Yellowstone, MT

2.2 2009/01/09 07:41:10 44.665N 110.254W 4.3 46 km (29 mi) SSW of Cooke City-Silver Gate, MT

1.0 2009/01/09 07:37:12 44.677N 110.238W 2.2 45 km (28 mi) SSW of Cooke City-Silver Gate, MT

This weekend I will be keeping my eye on both the quakes (have a widget that informs me when one happens anywhere in the world), and the charts. I am curious to see where a magnitude 7 might happen.

We had a few of notable size here in Southern California yesterday evening. I think the final determination of the biggest one was around 4.5. Let me know if you would like me to post more info on location and any notable aftershocks. (there was atleast one of a 3.X magnatude.)
    Candice
    all my posts are MOO

No real need to post the smaller ones, but if you get one over 7, shout it out!

And, if there are any big ones, I hope they are all in uninhabited areas!

11 th Jan -7.1
    12th January -7.6
    15th January -1130 -7.4
    23 rd January 2009 -6.1

I think there was an earthquake every day this past week (I realize they happen all the time) - seems like the news mentioned one somewhere. There were more this week than usual.
    Faxing death threats to a location near you!

Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    Keeping folks up to date...

Yellowstone just had another small (3.0) quake at 1:17 Eastern. UPDATE! There have been four small quakes in Yellowstone Area. Happened while I was out shoveling 30 inches of snow.

Some people are making much of the recent swarms, which are unusual. But no-one can predict that anything "awful" will happen. Most think a large "hydrothermal" eruption is most probable, if anything. Yellowstone has these from time to time.

And, we need to look for earthquakes on the dates mentioned above, that match the magnitude he predicts, but we do not know the location. Could be anywhere!

What I find interesting about the latest Yellowstone quake is that the swarms seemed to coincide with the Mars/Pluto conjunction, and slowed down ad Mars went past Pluto.

Where is the moon right now? approaching an opposition to Pluto. I make no conclusions from this, but find it interesting.

Also, since we associate Pluto with the Casey Anthony case, I wonder if there will be any news released today regarding the murder of Caylee?
    housemouse, Sorry I didn't get back sooner. Yes, there was a major news release later on the day of your post. Here is the link in case you missed it! Excellent call. And wasn't there a major earthquake on one of the dates above, where they were worried about a tusami after it, it was a 7.?

Sources: Casey Anthony Intentionally Killed Caylee
    Experts Establish June Time Frame Of Death
    POSTED: Friday, January 9, 2009
    UPDATED: 1:27 am EST January 10, 2009

Article:
    http://www.clickorlando.com/news/18444680/detail.html

I will search as to where it was. It was in one of the media pgs. I spotted it when I was getting media for the Caylee case. I will go & try and find it for you! I'll post the article here if I can find it.

This one isn't the one I seen but it's close to a 7: 6.1!
    Found one article for you:

Strong Earthquake Rocks Costa Rica, At Least 3 Killed
    Last Edited: Friday, 09 Jan 2009, 12:23 AM EST
    Created: Thursday, 08 Jan 2009, 8:24 PM EST

<snipped>
    SAN JOSE, Costa Rica -- A strong earthquake shook Costa Rica on Thursday, killing at least three people and sending frightened residents running into the streets of the capital as windows shattered and walls cracked.

The U.S. Geological Survey said the 6.1-magnitude temblor was centered 22 miles (35 kilometers) northwest of the capital of San Jose in the early afternoon, near the Poas Volcano national park.

There were at least four aftershocks.

Article:
    http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=3.4.1

************************************************** *************************************************
    Found these not 7.0 but strong housemouse:
    MAG UTC DATE-TIME deg deg DEPTH
    LAT LON km Region
    y/m/d h:m:s
    MAP 6.1 2009/01/08 19:21:34 10.197 -84.159 4.5 COSTA RICA

MAP 6.0 2009/01/06 22:48:27 -0.652 133.436 16.0 NEAR THE NORTH COAST OF PAPUA, INDONESIA
    Last edited by Angel Who Cares; 01-12-2009 at 08:09 AM.
    <div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast