Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast
    We have analysed charts in the Astro Forum that contained 22° Leo so many times that I didn't refer to it in the chart above. 22° is a very special degree in the zodiac that shows we are not in charge of our own affairs, not in control of our fate. Helpless victims are in that position frequently. However, many of us have never been helpless victims yet may readily identify with the situation of General Stan McChrystal as he was stripped of command--how he felt at that very moment. That is one of the main reasons for posting the chart of his being summoned onto the carpet. As you can readily see, the ASC is at crisis, 21° of a Fixed Sign, moving to become that degree of impotence, 22°. I thought you would want to see that.
    Life takes a toll. Please have exact change ready.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tuba For This Useful Post:

Gen. Stanley McChrystal and Regulus

Seeing Stanley McChrystal's natal chart reminded me immediately of the ancient Astrologers of 2,000 years prior to today, who observed the heavens in relation to their work for the Kings, Emperors and heads of State which required them to predict the future for Wars among other things.

In these predictions, Regulus was seen to be often the "cause" or catalyst as it were in the charts when big Military Leaders had a "sudden fall"

So, in light of this, from a Higher Place (Regulus promises) a Higher Estate to a "sudden and rapid fall", I checked General McChrystal's natal chart.

We see he has no planets near Regulus however, I haven't looked at the declinations only the planet's in longitude.

His natal Pluto for instance is 24°Leo 4 degrees from a conjunction to Regulus when he was born.

However, I checked further for the Teritiary minor Progressions, and there it was.

Prog. Pluto conjunct "Regulus" timely for the rapid fall from a higher estate.

Since Regulus has only recently "moved" via the Precession of the Equinox theory into the sign of Virgo, it's quite fitting then, that the Progressed minor Teritary position of his Pluto is there as well.

Furthering my interest in the ancients and REgulus, I looked at other Generals I could recall from past history who met a similar fate.

For Gen. MacArthur (who Harry Truman had forced to resign) via a letter dated April 6, 1951: TERTIARY PROG. Jupiter (27Leo) & Vertex, conj. REGULUS over his Natal Ceres (27Leo) HE WAS AXED!

Also: Gen. George Patton (who under Eisenhower, had been redressed down, due to 2 slapping incidents when he called one soldier a coward)

For Patton: Progressed Moon moved to 28AQ27min. opposing his natal Mars 01Virgo which conjunct his I/C at 0Virgo (Regulus)
    And when he was reprimanded for his behaviors (August 3, 1943) he had Transiting Chiron at 0deg.Virgo
    Conj. “Regulus” and over his Mars (quite fitting for the King Star which the ancients noted as being often in the charts of those in their day they observed in the Military leadership roles)

Then checking even further I found that Abraham Lincoln's dismissal of
    General McClellan :

With his Natal chart and Progressions for January 15, 1878:

General George McClellan was fired for insubordination not unlike what happened to McChrystal, when TR. Uranus conjunct Regulus, in his natal chart, opposing his natal Vertex!
    His Vertex was 28 degrees Aquarius, and TR NN was approaching at 22deg.AQ on this date.

General Robert E. Lee's was the hardest to witness last night, as I peered over his natal chart and progressed it.
    He did not have a natal position conjunct or opposite Regulus, however when he surrendered to Grant and the Union Army, and we look to his Tertiary minor progressed chart, we can see that Prog.Chiron (the inner wound)
    was at 26AQ27min. and opposed to Prog. Ceres at 29Leo. Again, "Regulus" is present and witnessing this event.

I don't see him however, as having a typical (if there is such ) "rapid Regulus type of personal fall" as he was not only dignified, but admired by his peers, and certainly by General Ulysses S. Grant.

The chart is a very telling one for sure.
    Last edited by Leomoon80; 06-25-2010 at 12:08 AM. Reason: sp.
    "The Greek word moira (μοῖρα) literally means a part or portion, and by extension one's portion in life or destiny.
    They controlled the metaphorical thread of life of every mortal from birth to death."

Wikipedia

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Leomoon80 For This Useful Post:

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    Good morning.

I am an avid watcher, armchair researcher (if you will) of Hurricanes. Being born in South Florida and live here all my life, I have been through many of "these beasts". The one thing that I tell anyone when we have one bearing down on us is that "you have to respect them". Plan for the worst and hope for the best. I watched Andrew rip this area to pieces. In 1964 Hurricane Cleo swept through on her way to the Misissippi gulf coast. That one had a particularly deep impact on me as I was a small child but old enough to "drink in" all I saw around me.

Anyway, now that I am on WS and beginning to study forensic astrology, I have a question.

What (if anything) would a chart on a particular hurricane show? With that - we now have our first storm of the 2010 season. This is not only the first storm but one that is predicted to head straight for the oil. Below are the stats (straight from the National Hurricane Center for Tropical Storm Alex. What would his chart show?

Born: Tropical Storm Alex
    Time: 5:00 AM EDT
    Day: Saturday, June 26, 2010
    Lat: 16.9N
    Long: 84.9W

Thank you for all you do. I look forward to reading your thoughts and observations.

Humbly Owl

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wise Old Owl For This Useful Post:

im very interested as well....anyone?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smolea For This Useful Post:

Hurricanes

Since it's a timely question with the season upon us, I erected 4 charts for 4 major Hurricanes to see if there is any commonality.

Here is what I found so far:

Ascendant 1 degree Leo
    Sun conjunct “Regulus”
    Mercury in Fall in Leo in a very critical degree
    Saturn strong in it’s own Rulerships Sign Aquarius and square to Pluto (mass destruction)
    Pluto strong in it’s own Rulerships Sign of Scorpio
    Atropos on the cusp of the 4th in the 25th degree for mass death at home
    As Pluto in the 4th is part of a Yod and connects to Mars & Neptune
    Moon in the 12th in Cancer strong in it’s Rulership sign and opposes Neptune & Uranus

Asc. in the 0 degree of SAG the D/C is conj. the Weeping Sisters
    with MC at 8Virgo / I/C 8Pisces critical degrees
    All Angles are critical in this chart

Moon in Pisces conjunct fixed star “Scheat” for misfortune

Chiron the NN & Neptune all in the 3rd quincunx to the Vertex - while Uranus & the Moon in the 4th of home

POF squares the MC
    "The Greek word moira (μοῖρα) literally means a part or portion, and by extension one's portion in life or destiny.
    They controlled the metaphorical thread of life of every mortal from birth to death."

Wikipedia

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Leomoon80 For This Useful Post:

Hurricanes

Angles are all Critical with Regulus at the ASC and Algol conj. the MC
    Pluto in the angular 4th house and the POF in the 3rd. square Chiron and quincunx the MC
    With the Sun, Mercury Venus, the POF and NN all inharmonious to the MC this was a tremendous hardship hurricane.
    Curious also is the Black Moon Lilith in the critical 13th degree of Leo in the 12th house
    And this hurricane turned into a scandalous one for Washington.

Hurricanes Rita & Andrew also had these close degrees to Dubhe and Acubens two
    Very inharmonious as for the vibrations they appear to emit. Between 13 –15 even 17Leo
    Hurricane Ike had Chiron opposed to Dubhe and the SN conj. “Al-Terf” the mouth of the Lion. 17Leo. (SN 18Leo)

Sun in Fall in Libra and critical at 1 degree Cardinal Sign
    Venus in Detriment in Scorpio
    Mars in Detriment in Taurus
    Uranus quincunx Saturn conj. fixed star “Skat” (destructive)

2 Yods (called the Finger of God) in this chart (see broken green lines)
    One with the Greater Malefic Saturn and one with the Lesser Malefic Mars
    Moon in Gemini opposes Pluto

Wikipedia

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Leomoon80 For This Useful Post:

Smolea, I did not intend to ignore your question but now that I have seen it, absolutely YES! Always count on Mars to ignite the dynamics shown in any configuration. The Mars to Saturn conjunction, so afflicted by Uranus is deadly. We cannot ignore the square from Pluto, either. Jupiter afflicts Pluto precisely (same degree) at the same time. Not the dog days but the roaring rottweilers of summer.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tuba For This Useful Post:

Eclipse Over D.C.

As announced, the chart of this past weekend's lunar eclipse conjunct Pluto is on the Astro Calendar in our Caylee thread. There is some variation when the eclipse is set for Washington D.C. in that 26° Cancer, a critical degree, rises at the capitol. The ruling Moon is still in House 6 and controls the empty House 5 of the nation's children. This Moon in exile is charged with the responsibility, custodial & protective, over the rights of the young. Conjunct Pluto, opposite not only the Sun but also Mercury, the guardianship falls short. Government is not a cradle but owes children laws and legal enforcement of laws that protect them. Health & Welfare is the province of the States but the federal government must support and reinforce efforts to take care of the interests of the child at all times and in all regards.

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tuba For This Useful Post:

Tuba, I take your comment to mean not only in regard to protecting children from predators (our main focus at WS) but also taking care of the planet they live on (oil spill) and the social order that allows them to grow up and become educated in safety.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to pittsburghgirl For This Useful Post:

thank you tuba, i always look forward to your posts. i guess my next question is how that mars trigger will affect the oil spill...

ive read that events on a lunar eclipse can serve as a precursor, or warning. it just so happened, a storm was named in the gulf - alex - on the morning of june 26.

is there anyway to tell what will happen and where? does the chart of the deepwater horizon explosion show any relation to this configuration?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smolea For This Useful Post:

Wet Ending to June; Wet July Overture

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    What is going on with water? The oil spill, flooding in the south and a water main break in the Boston area are all ongoing, love to hear anything about this.....love you guys and thanks!
    Well, Moe, this new month of July begins with even more emphasis on water. Sun in Water, the winds of Mercury in Water and the Moon in Water. Cancer and Pisces~WET.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tuba For This Useful Post:

I've been a lurker on the Astrology threads for quite a while and I think you are all so talented!! I have a question and I hope it's not too "dorky"! I was watching the World Cup Soccer matches and they showed the "Boesmansgat sinkhole in South Africa". I have been interested in sinkholes for quite a while. Of course, some are small, but the big ones just fascinate me, although I am sorry for the destruction they cause. The Guatemala one looks like it is a door straight to He!!..
    Is there anything in Astrology that speaks of the sinkholes and how it might pertain to our future?

http://listsoplenty.com/blog/archives/5017
    "I am confident that, in the end, common sense and justice will prevail. I'm an optimist, brought up on the belief that if you wait to the end of the story, you get to see the good people live happily ever after."

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DollyPardonMe For This Useful Post:

There are monstrous ones in China, some new. We will look into this. Thanks for the question.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tuba For This Useful Post:

Grand Mosque, Zahedan, IRAN

A female and a male suicide bomber injured from 50 to 100 people in the large Iranian city of Zahedan, July 15, 2010 at 9:20 p.m. Between 20 and 30 people were killed outright. The Moon was visiting the Iranian Republic's lunar node (exact) while Mars opposed the country's Mars and Saturn opposed the country's Mercury, both natal planets in House 8. Transit Mars was also square natal Neptune, which is treacherous and sometimes explosive. The acts (two bombings) were attributed to followers of the Wahhabi or Rigi.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tuba For This Useful Post:

Tuba, can you give us some insight on the BP oil spill now that the july solar eclipse has passed?

U.S. Tells BP to Prepare for Reopening Oil Well After Seep Found
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...eep-found.html

30. The Following User Says Thank You to smolea For This Useful Post:

Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast