1566 users online (291 members and 1275 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Housemouse, for what it's worth, I found this little morsel when I was reading tonight. Take it or leave it, I have no idea if it's correct.

"The only existing report of the time, which apparently originated from a shout-out from Mr. Obama over a noisy crowd to astrologer Frances McEvoy during a New Hampshire pass-through earlier this year, places him at 1:06 p.m., coincidently just 300 seconds after the moon transitioned from Taurus, a sign of resolution and leadership, to Gemini, a decidedly less confident constellation. And itís only an hour before the ascending planet in the horizon, which determines first impressions, transitioned from a deeply powerful constellation to a more wavering and reckless one."

Buckle up!!!!

There is some chatter that President Obama should take the oath of office over, as he didn't say it properly.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...politics&tsp=1

Mercury Retrograde, anyone? If he takes it over, which "swearing in" would be authentic? Would we ever be told?

Life is stranger than fiction, sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by CourtsInSession View Post
    Housemouse, for what it's worth, I found this little morsel when I was reading tonight. Take it or leave it, I have no idea if it's correct.

"The only existing report of the time, which apparently originated from a shout-out from Mr. Obama over a noisy crowd to astrologer Frances McEvoy during a New Hampshire pass-through earlier this year, places him at 1:06 p.m., coincidently just 300 seconds after the moon transitioned from Taurus, a sign of resolution and leadership, to Gemini, a decidedly less confident constellation. And itís only an hour before the ascending planet in the horizon, which determines first impressions, transitioned from a deeply powerful constellation to a more wavering and reckless one."
    Thanks for that info, Courts. The certificate posted on DailyKos has 7:11 PM, but some are critical of that certificate. I am going to go with it, but have reservations.

Quote Originally Posted by housemouse View Post
    There is some chatter that President Obama should take the oath of office over, as he didn't say it properly.

Mercury Retrograde, anyone? If he takes it over, which "swearing in" would be authentic? Would we ever be told?

Through no fault of his own! Dang judge had to be a showoff and forgot the words instead of reading them, lol.
    Faxing death threats to a location near you!

There are no coincidences. This goes right along with what we saw in the campaign and nobody seemed to notice the disregard and mockery of the basic principles of what America was founded on and aspired to be. But I think the rules have changed and the foundation is being chipped away, a new nation is trying to be established and built on shallow principles which eventually will collapse.

There are no coincidences. This goes right along with what we saw in the campaign and no one seemed to notice the disregard and mockery of the basic principles of what America was founded on and aspired to be. But I think the rules have changed and the foundation is being chipped away, instead of improving on, a new nation is trying to be established and built on shallow principles which eventually will collapse. Pray.

Oops, so sorry for double post. Did not think it went through, I could not get to any other threads so signed off for awhile. This has happened to me before on the other threads guess I should know by now it might get through. I edited it because I did not think first one got through. LOL, sorry.

A friend and fellow astro sent me this tonight

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...took-oath.html

Looks as if Obama's official oath is now 735 pm no void of course moon
    NO CHILD is trash!!

Housemouse,

Could you post the chart for 7:35 pm 1/21/09, Washington DC? This could be interesting.....

Thanks,
    Soulscape

Will post the charts for both "oaths of office"! Which one should we use?

Here is the first one. I decided, to make it easier for all of us, to only show the hard aspects. The reason for this is that the hard aspects are the "event" aspects.

The second oath of office.

Here is the second oath of office...

I also only show the "event" aspects.

I am doing research on this "double oath" for the next few days. It will be interesting to see what other astrologers have to say about this turn of events, and which chart they think valid.

There is one little problem with the second oath. Apparently Obama didn't have a Bible handy, and so didn't use one. Does this mean there is a problem with the second oath? I do not know enough about the Constitutional requirements to have an opinion.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090122/...a_oath_do_over

1) First Amendment establishment clause: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

2) No explicit religious qualification listed in Article II, Section 1 under Presidential qualifications for office:

"No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

3) Article VI prohibits a religious test for office:

"but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."

4) Article II, Section 1 under the section describing this subject allows EITHER an oath OR an AFFIRMATION:

Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

No mention of a Bible is made here - there is no such requirement and in fact such a requirement would contradict Article VI and the First Amendment and an affirmation is just as valid as an oath.

Finally there is no requirement that swearing must be done upon a Bible. One may swear without one.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitut....overview.html
    Last edited by Sonne; 01-22-2009 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Add link to Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Cotton_Candy View Post
    1) First Amendment establishment clause: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion"

2) No explicit religious qualification listed in Article II, Section 1 under Presidential qualifications for office:

"No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States."

3) Article VI prohibits a religious test for office:

"but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States."

4) Article II, Section 1 under the section describing this subject allows EITHER an oath OR an AFFIRMATION:

Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

No mention of a Bible is made here - there is no such requirement and in fact such a requirement would contradict Article VI and the First Amendment and an affirmation is just as valid as an oath.

Finally there is no requirement that swearing must be done upon a Bible. One may swear without one.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitut....overview.html
    This is correct. I don't understand why people want to swear on the Bible anyway, since the Bible says not to swear at all in Matthew 5:33-37. An affirmation should be enough. The Bible says anything beyond than a "yes (I will do that)" or "no (I won't do that)" is from the evil one. So, swearing on the Bible does not make any sense.

This second oath was only because the judge bungled the first one and they were afraid that someone would question the presidency because of it. I don't even think they really needed to do it a second time. That is my opinion anyway.

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast