766 users online (82 members and 684 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    beckaroozie is offline There sure are a lot of nuts in the Ant Family Tree. Must attract a BUNCH of squirrels.
    While watching the swearing in yesterday, it was stated that even though they were running behind and the official swearing in didn't take place until after noon, that Obama was officially president as of noon, regardless.

Oh and one other point of interest -- this is not the first time the official oath has been messed up...it happened two other times. I think one was Hoover, but I can't remember the names.
    KC found her pot of gold in others pockets.

Here's a comment left at Astrologer Lynn Hayes's Astrological Musings column (which is excellent as usual):

Chiron
    January 22, 2009 2:35 PM
    His presidency began by law at 12:01 per the 20th amendment. Article II of the constitution then would apply as it states "Before he enters on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation;" . This is a sequitor, not a determinitive. Execution and affirmation are keywords. Since the passage of the 20th amendment all successive presidencies began at 12:01 and correct charts should reflect that overlooked piece of law. We need to stop stretching both the law and the astrology to give Mr. Obama a pyschic break. It is what it is, and the VOC applies in full.

See Lynn's article here: http://blog.beliefnet.com/astrologic...-gets-a-m.html

Thanks,
    Soulscape

What a coincidence, Soulscape! I just finished reading that comment, and decided that we should use 12:01 as the time, but keep an eye on the other charts for research purposes.

You are ALL amazing!!!! To think I am 65 and STILL getting educated.

Quote Originally Posted by housemouse View Post
    What a coincidence, Soulscape! I just finished reading that comment, and decided that we should use 12:01 as the time, but keep an eye on the other charts for research purposes.

I totally agree, Housemouse!

I notice you posted the 12:06 pm chart (I had also noted he began speaking the oath at 12:06 pm) --- perhaps you can post the 12:01 pm chart and then we will have all three for research purposes.

Thanks,
    Soulscape

Am right on it, Soulscape! We can watch the transits to this chart, and see how well it works.

There is some debate about whether Astrology can be used to predict earthquakes. I do not know, but am going to be studying it this month.

Here are some dates an Indian Engineer/Astrologer thinks might be worth watching in January. We can all see what his accuracy rate might be. I think I understand his theory about it.

11 th Jan -7.1
    12th January -7.6
    15th January -1130 -7.4
    23 rd January 2009 -6.1
    25/ 26hth January 2009 -6.9

He thinks January and June of 2009 will see major natural disasters, and thinks his methods can be used to predict Volcanic eruptions and Cyclones as well.
    Biggest one today, so far, is a 5.8 in the Kermadec Islands, New Zealand. But, the day isn't over yet. I will keep listening to my earthquake "widget".

There is some debate about whether Astrology can be used to predict earthquakes. I do not know, but am going to be studying it this month.

Here are some dates an Indian Engineer/Astrologer thinks might be worth watching in January. We can all see what his accuracy rate might be. I think I understand his theory about it.

11 th Jan -7.1
    12th January -7.6
    15th January -1130 -7.4
    23 rd January 2009 -6.1
    25/ 26hth January 2009 -6.9

He thinks January and June of 2009 will see major natural disasters, and thinks his methods can be used to predict Volcanic eruptions and Cyclones as well.
    http://www.comcast.net/articles/news...ka.Earthquake/
    Today about 9 a.m. in Alaska a 6.1 earthquake. Looks like just one day off from the Jan 23rd prediction, interesting.

And, I think this is an astrologer from somewhere else in the world, and the times he listed were in his own time zone?

Should try to find the link in my folder of astrology websites...

Did you all notice that the last January link is during the eclipse? And, I hope this is a coincidence, not an omen! Just found this link in LA Times.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...,7734479.story
    Last edited by housemouse; 01-24-2009 at 09:50 PM. Reason: adding comment, link

We can keep an eye on this volcano in Alaska, as they just raised an alert up there...

http://www.avo.alaska.edu/activity/Redoubt.php

I read an interesting article in the paper and thought I would pass it on about Arkansas Earthquake Center, the director, Haydar Al-Shurki said that a previous unknown fault that lies dormant and could trigger a magnitude 7 earthquake and put major gas pipelines at risk in Eastern Arkansas. More information for elsewhere can be found on folkworm.care.memphis. After reading some of these reports they are everywhere it seems some potentially worse than others but very interesting, I had no idea we were just a simmering pot waiting to boil somewhere in so many places. Thank you Housemouse for your USA and the factors that are players in our future threads.

The Saturn/Uranus opposition

I was just listening to a report on the news about Iceland and the rioting there over their financial mess, and I read somewhere this morning that there are rumors of a strike in the oil patch.

So, I started thinking about anarchy, riots, and the Saturn/Uranus opposition. Uranus would rule anarchy, and Saturn the establishment.

Saturn and Uranus are going to be in exact opposition again this month, and then three more times in the future, before getting our of each other's way.

The next exact opposition is on Feb 5th. But, the aspect is in orb right now, and building. It will back off, and then become exact again next September 15th, then another exact dance on April 26th 2010. Then the last encounter on July 26th, 2010, when it will form a grand cross with Saturn, Pluto, and the inner planets.

That last one should be a real doozy!

I expect we will hear a lot more about riots, strikes, and anarchy around the world related to this aspect pattern. We will have to keep an eye on how this affects different countries.

Thanks HM I will be watching too, let's hope BO lives up to his exalted status everyone is giving him, in the meantime I will continue my prayers during this 'readjustment' period.

Murder-Suicides Increasing?

Housemouse,

This morning I read of yet another murder-suicide where the unemployed (& apparently hopeless, drowning in debt) father offs the wife & kids & then kills himself. I wonder: did this phenomenon also occur during the Great Depression or other bad economic times, and what are you seeing in the current planetary positions that may be triggering this specific manifestation of destroying one's family?

Thanks,
    Soulscape

I think it relates to the Saturn/Uranus opposition, Soulscape, but we would need to get the birthdates/times to be sure of that.

Got to go post on the USA chart. There is a credible threat against Obama by someone determined to kill him, and attack the Mall of America.

Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast