1277 users online (221 members and 1056 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulscape View Post
    Housemouse,

This morning I read of yet another murder-suicide where the unemployed (& apparently hopeless, drowning in debt) father offs the wife & kids & then kills himself. I wonder: did this phenomenon also occur during the Great Depression or other bad economic times, and what are you seeing in the current planetary positions that may be triggering this specific manifestation of destroying one's family?

Thanks,
    Soulscape
    Frightening and so sad. I believe the one you speak of was they family out in CA. Both parents had worked for Kaiser Permanente(sp?)

Here's another one today in Ohio...both parents and 2 children
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,484986,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by FifthEssence View Post
    Frightening and so sad. I believe the one you speak of was they family out in CA. Both parents had worked for Kaiser Permanente(sp?)

Here's another one today in Ohio...both parents and 2 children
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,484986,00.html

It was the very recent Ohio situation to which I was referring; I was already aware of the CA situation last week....

I seem to recall an astrologer who commented about tr. Mars in the USA horoscope's 4th house and how it might indicate an increase of murders by mothers ---

I cannot remember who the Astrologer was or where I read this.

As an interesting side note, Traditional Astrologers give 4th House to the Father.........

Maybe it simply indicates an increase in murder (Mars) of family (4th House) members?

Such a sad way for the energies to play out.......

Love,
    Soulscape

From an astrological point of view, maybe we should track how many of these have happened since Pluto entered Capricorn in late November.

Cancer, of course, rules the family, and is the opposite sign to Capricorn. Saturn is the ruler of Capricorn, and is opposed by Uranus in Pisces.

I can relate Kaiser Permanente to Pisces, and Saturn in Virgo relates to work, among other things...

Just thinking at the keyboard....

Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    housemouse Earthquake a big one in Indonesia!

Magnitude: 7
    Date-Time: 11 Feb 2009 17:34:52 GMT

http://www.hewsweb.org/seismic/

Magnitude 7.0 - KEPULAUAN TALAUD, INDONESIA
    2009 February 11 17:34:52 UTC

Magnitude 7.0
    Date-Time Wednesday, February 11, 2009 at 17:34:52 UTC
    Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 01:34:52 AM at epicenter
    Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 3.873N, 126.408E
    Depth 35 km (21.7 miles) set by location program
    Region KEPULAUAN TALAUD, INDONESIA
    Distances 285 km (175 miles) SSE of General Santos, Mindanao, Philippines
    315 km (195 miles) NNE of Manado, Sulawesi, Indonesia
    1335 km (820 miles) SSE of MANILA, Philippines
    2445 km (1520 miles) ENE of JAKARTA, Java, Indonesia

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 6.7 km (4.2 miles); depth fixed by location program
    Parameters NST=138, Nph=138, Dmin=365.3 km, Rmss=1.24 sec, Gp= 36,
    M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=7
    Source USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID us2009cybb
    Link:
    http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/...us2009cybb.php

I'll PM you I know you wanted anyone to inform you of any 7.0 or larger!
    I hope everyone is ok. It just happened 7 ne news yet on anyone hurt or the extent of damage or tusami warnings etc. I'll keep my eye out for any updates for you!
    <div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

Angel Who Cares is offline If you seek an angel with an open heart, you shall always find one.
    housemouse Here's another quake larger than 7.0!

Quake measuring 7.7 reported off Tonga
    updated 17 minutes ago
    <snipped>
    CNN) -- An earthquake measuring magnitude 7.7 struck off the coast of Tonga early Friday, officials said.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center issued a regional tsunami warning for Tonga, Fiji, Niue, the Kermadecs, American Samoa, Samoa and Wallis-Fatuna.

The quake's epicenter was about 213 kilometers (132 miles) south-southeast of Nuku'alofa, Tonga. It struck at 6:17 a.m. local time (6:17 p.m. GMT).

"There's a tsunami in the water, but it's not gonna do much," said Robert Cessaro, a geophysicist with the center, citing data from a deep-ocean gauge.

The warning center said in a statement. "Some coastal areas in Hawaii could experience small non-destructive sea level changes and strong or unusual currents lasting up to several hours."

Article:
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapc...=ib_topstories

<div style=text-align: center;><a href=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=605&pictureid=4615 target=_blank>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/pic...pictureid=4615</a></div>
    Angels around us, angels beside us, angels within us. Angels are watching over you when times are good or stressed. Their wings wrap gently around you, whispering you are loved and blessed.
    -- Angel Blessing

Mt. Redoubt erupts. (Sun Square Pluto)

http://alaskareport.com/news39/x7115...bt_erupted.htm

A friend sent this link to me, not sure if the source is reliable or not. Seems to fit the aspect, though.

http://rogersparkbench.blogspot.com/...-equities.html

I was just watching Dr. Phil, who had a segment about monster weddings today.

The second guest had a severe allergic reaction and went into anaphylactic shock and had to go to the hospital.

Turns out her mother is an astrologer. She looked at the wedding date and told them not to get married on that day. She begged them. The daughter insisted. The groom said let's take our chances.

There was a lunar eclipse on that date - 9 yrs. ago on January 22 that severely affected her daughter's natal chart.

Did anyone else see it? I got a phone call and had to miss the last part of that segment.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Who Cares View Post
    housemouse Here's another quake larger than 7.0!

Quake measuring 7.7 reported off Tonga
    updated 17 minutes ago
    <snipped>
    CNN) -- An earthquake measuring magnitude 7.7 struck off the coast of Tonga early Friday, officials said.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center issued a regional tsunami warning for Tonga, Fiji, Niue, the Kermadecs, American Samoa, Samoa and Wallis-Fatuna.

The quake's epicenter was about 213 kilometers (132 miles) south-southeast of Nuku'alofa, Tonga. It struck at 6:17 a.m. local time (6:17 p.m. GMT).

"There's a tsunami in the water, but it's not gonna do much," said Robert Cessaro, a geophysicist with the center, citing data from a deep-ocean gauge.

The warning center said in a statement. "Some coastal areas in Hawaii could experience small non-destructive sea level changes and strong or unusual currents lasting up to several hours."

Article:
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapc...=ib_topstories

I have a Mac "widget" that alerts me to earthquakes. It makes a ping and announces in a machine voice where and when an earthquake takes place, and how strong it is. I noticed this earthquake, and the ones under the South Sandwich Islands.

I will be keeping an eye on the Mt. Redoubt eruption, too. All of these fascinate me. The earth seems so sensitive to the rest of the solar system. It is what could be called a "wonderment".

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmicSun View Post
    I was just watching Dr. Phil, who had a segment about monster weddings today.

The second guest had a severe allergic reaction and went into anaphylactic shock and had to go to the hospital.

Turns out her mother is an astrologer. She looked at the wedding date and told them not to get married on that day. She begged them. The daughter insisted. The groom said let's take our chances.

There was a lunar eclipse on that date - 9 yrs. ago on January 22 that severely affected her daughter's natal chart.

Did anyone else see it? I got a phone call and had to miss the last part of that segment.
    Didn't see it, but it is a warning to daughters everywhere. Listen to your mother, unless she is nasty!

Here is the event chart for the launch at Musudan-ri in North Korea, from the point of view of the firing location rather than our point of view when the news of the launch was confirmed in the USA.

http://i481.photobucket.com/albums/r...tLaunch029.jpg
    Last edited by Tuba; 04-05-2009 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Scan & add horoscope
    Life takes a toll. Please have exact change ready.

Thanks for the chart and the analysis, Tuba.

One hit I had, with the long-standing rumors of Kim Jong-Il's failing health, is that the pride issue behind this event could stem from NK's wanting to bolster up their power image in the face of the impending loss of their leader.

The Second House Moon also confirms fears that North Korea means to engage in sales to other rogue nations. There is an upcoming trine to Mercury for sales. H. 10 and H. 4 at zero show the launch has unleashed a crisis, as these are critical degrees. The government of North Korea is starting fresh and impatient for results. It is also an isolating influence, which we know is true but there is instability at the top as well (0 critical) and it is serious. I think this reflects the concern over Kim Jong-il's health that you write about and the restive state of the impoverished and hungry population.

Nicholas Campion is the present day authority on mundane charting, the author of The Book of World Horoscopes. It is as thick as your two feet together and an excellent resource. In an effort to encourage more participation on this forum, we can open up discussion to more mundane matters, some you may be more familiar with or avid for.

Nicholas wrote, "Mundane horoscopes are cast both for events & for groups of people: for battles & wars, the launching of ships & space craft, the independence of nations, general elections & the coronation of kings & queens, for organizations such as trades unions & political parties. ....but also for astronomical events which are then used to indicate the general trends for the coming weeks, months or years. The principal charts are those for the ingresses-the times of the entry of planets into new signs-and the fortnightly new Moons and full Moons."__________The Practical Astrologer.

Has anyone done a chart for the US on this swine flu? Or do they have a recommended site for reviewing the work of other astrologers on this matter? Or is that not a mundane matter? I get a little confused about exactly what "mundane" is?

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Has anyone done a chart for the US on this swine flu? Or do they have a recommended site for reviewing the work of other astrologers on this matter? Or is that not a mundane matter? I get a little confused about exactly what "mundane" is?

Salem

TUBA posted yesterday regarding the SWINE fly; quote from post # 75 In the Astrology General Thread:

Pigs are Taurus and news of our outbreak hit after the Sun had entered the Sign. Saturn & Neptune are involved in pigdom and the animal husbandry of pigs is House 6. Venus, ruler of Taurus, has been square Pluto, epidemics but now Mars has come up and squared Pluto for infection.

Mundane astrology is the application of astrology to world affairs and world events, taking its name from the Latin word Mundus, meaning "the World ".

Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast