LP's Confidence #2

Patty G

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Fresh new slate to continue ... remember if this thread goes crazy then the thread will be closed. Everyone be nice to one another and at some point agree to disagree.

OK.. thanks for the link to the website chicolinving.

It says LP has a law degree. Did he pass the bar exam? And did he graduate from the law school he founded back in 1982?

It says LP has a law degree. Did he pass the bar exam? And did he graduate from the law school he founded back in 1982?

Link

Leonard Padilla has been hunting and capturing fugitives for over 32 years. He has built a reputation as the "World Famous Bounty Hunter" and has appeared in movies and t.v.

Padilla has also testified in court as an expert from the bail bond industry and has been instrumental in seeing legislation passed in the California legislature to improve the ability to capture fugitives in other states and abroad.

Leonard has been a Bounty Hunter for over 32 years:

* US Air Force 1957-1963
* Law Degree, Lincoln Law School, 1980
* President and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Lorenzo Patino Law School 1982-present.
* Bounty Hunter 1975-present.

It just says Law Degree nothing about being a lawyer. It could also be a Criminal Justice degree. :confused:

I think if LP were an attorney he would say so very clearly on his website. This article about his law school names the school's co-founders as being attorneys, but not LP:

The school was founded in 1983 by Leonard Padilla in association with attorneys Heman Smith, Doug Nareau, Danny Brace, Jr., and the late Judge Lorenzo Patiño to provide a quality and affordable legal education.
UNC is currently authorized to grant Juris Doctor degrees by the California State Department of Education and is listed with the Committee of Bar Examiners of the State Bar of California as an unaccredited law school. As such, students must take and pass the First-Year Law Students' Examination, also known as the "Baby Bar", at the end of their first year in order to receive credit for their law study and eventually qualify to sit for the California Bar Exam.

Bar Pass Rates

In October 2006, four students took the California First Year Law Students Examination (the "Baby Bar") for the first time. One passed. [1]
In the July 2006 California Bar Examination, ten graduates took the examination for the first time. Two passed. Thirty-one took the examination for, at least, a second time after previously failing it. Two passed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Northern_California,_Lorenzo_Patiño_School_of_Law

I think if LP were an attorney he would say so very clearly on his website. This article about his law school names the school's co-founders as being attorneys, but not LP:

The school was founded in 1983 by Leonard Padilla in association with attorneys Heman Smith, Doug Nareau, Danny Brace, Jr., and the late Judge Lorenzo Patiño to provide a quality and affordable legal education.
UNC is currently authorized to grant Juris Doctor degrees by the California State Department of Education and is listed with the Committee of Bar Examiners of the State Bar of California as an unaccredited law school. As such, students must take and pass the First-Year Law Students' Examination, also known as the "Baby Bar", at the end of their first year in order to receive credit for their law study and eventually qualify to sit for the California Bar Exam.

Bar Pass Rates

In October 2006, four students took the California First Year Law Students Examination (the "Baby Bar") for the first time. One passed. [1]
In the July 2006 California Bar Examination, ten graduates took the examination for the first time. Two passed. Thirty-one took the examination for, at least, a second time after previously failing it. Two passed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Northern_California,_Lorenzo_Patiño_School_of_Law

Maybe he should be hunting competent professors? :bang:

His law school is non-ABA... it does not have the standards and qualifications of say a traditional law school. Padilla says on this archive page that he took the bar and failed it, once... he said he went to law school to learn the difference between robbery and burglary and had no intentions of practicing law. (ok, you guys that said he is entertaining... I agree... some of the things he says just cracks me up... but it also kind of makes it hard to take him seriously.)

That said, if you read the article, pretty much he doesn't paint his law school in a pretty picture... kind of insinuates that it's at the bottom of the barrel for those that couldn't wing it in traditional law schools.

http://www.clsj1994.com/archived_articles/June2006/index.asp

*thinks* Where did Baez get his law degree from? LoL

In most states, LP wouldn't have even been allowed to take the bar exam because he graduated from a school that wasn't accredited by the ABA (or any other accrediting body at that time.)

It's nothing against him that he's not a lawyer. It's no shame to him or his school that he didn't pass the bar exam. I know some really good lawyers who didn't pass it the first time around.

It just bugs that I've seen him called a lawyer here on numerous occasions. He's not a lawyer. Getting a law degree but never doesn't make you a lawyer. Passing the bar and getting a license does.

The LP fans should realize he has enough going for him without having to inflate his resume.

In most states, LP wouldn't have even been allowed to take the bar exam because he graduated from a school that wasn't accredited by the ABA (or any other accrediting body at that time.)

It's nothing against him that he's not a lawyer. It's no shame to him or his school that he didn't pass the bar exam. I know some really good lawyers who didn't pass it the first time around.

It just bugs that I've seen him lawyer here on numerous occasions. He's not a lawyer. Getting a law degree but never doesn't make you a lawyer. Passing the bar and getting a license does.

The LP fans should realize he has enough going for him without having to inflate his resume.

He posts here? :waitasec:

We are questioning Lp's integrity? Are we using the standard MMPI testing here? What has LP done that stirs up such controversy here? Thank goodness he was what the Aussies call a "stirer" so we could have alot to discuss when LE, prosecution, defense are all quiet on the home fronts. I personnaly measure a mans integrity by seeing how they follow through with their word and how well they love and provide for their families. Lets admit it, he has kept us abreast of news! Entertaining genleman, but I wouldn't watch a LP tv show.

I have never participated in a fan club. I don't idolize anyone other than my family and friends. I am not a "follower". I am glad LP interjected himself and hung around.

Just to clear up a few name callings that were not directed at me personally, but still read like it was posted in sarcasm toward any one who posted any approval of LP.

If I'm put on timeout, I'll still read.

It just bugs that I've seen him lawyer here on numerous occasions. He's not a lawyer. Getting a law degree but never doesn't make you a lawyer. Passing the bar and getting a license does.

Bold=Me

Leonard has never posted here to my knowledge. If I am mistaken, could you please direct me to one of his messages?

No, Leonard has never posted on here... but his nephew has, and he was very professional about it and very patient with everyone's questions.

It should be Boston... it may be up in the stickies.

Please remember that since Tony Padilla is a member here, it is a violation to attack him personally on any thread. We don;t allow that on any members. You can disagree with him and his action as a public figure, but attacking any member is not cool.
Reminder#2: LP is a public figure and as such is open to certain criticism. What we don't want is bashing.
Disagree with his actions, but do so intelligently so that it paves the way to constructive discussion.

He posts here? :waitasec:

Sorry, typo. I fixed it. Should have said called a lawyer, not that he lawyered here. I would never use lawyer as a verb.

I know he was on a chat here quite a while back, I don't think he ever posted on the board.

Bold=Me

Leonard has never posted here to my knowledge. If I am mistaken, could you please direct me to one of his messages?

It was a TYPO and I left out a couple of words. I've fixed it. I would never use lawyer as a verb.

Actually, he was on chat here a while back. No, I don't think he posted on the board but some of that chat was posted on the board.

It was a TYPO and I left out a couple of words. I've fixed it. I would never use lawyer as a verb.

Actually, he was on chat here a while back. No, I don't think he posted on the board but some of that chat was posted on the board.

Thank you for clarifying, I really have no idea how you might have used the word lawyer in a sentence since I do not know you.:)
The chat must have been transcribed from a phone call? Leonard does not like computers or typing.

LP's latest confident comment is that he believes the link in the "Daisy Chain" is that the Meter Reader's "supervisor is a neighbor of the Anthony's."

I wonder if this Meter Reader can sue Leonard for insinuating on national TV that he's involved in some kind of conspiracy

Does anyone know?

I know Libel & slander laws are kind of tricky but you would think that this Meter Reader would have some kind of claim against LP & all the negative comments.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmalan
Back