1213 users online (244 members and 969 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OH - Cincinnati, WhtFem UP7146, 40-65, in woods off I-75, Jan'09

Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-02-2013 at 12:28 AM.

I believe this could be Jasmine Hardy. I posted this in Jasmine's thread.
    I may be wrong but the remains were found 12 miles from where Jasmine was last seen

Using this map of where Jasmine was last seen, marked with the "a" the remains were found about 12 (not 5) miles away in Glendale.

Prayers for her family

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...r&source=embed
    Last edited by PrayersForMaura; 01-07-2009 at 07:51 PM.

Agreed. It could be Jasmine. They did imply in the news that it was an adult female, but the reports are so preliminary at this point that they could be wrong. I hope someone recognizes the rings and comes forward soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jules19osu View Post
    Agreed. It could be Jasmine. They did imply in the news that it was an adult female, but the reports are so preliminary at this point that they could be wrong. I hope someone recognizes the rings and comes forward soon.
    Me too!

Jasmine is a tall girl at 5'8 ... that's tall for being 15, I think. She looks a bit husky/muscular and could be big boned but I can't tell from the picture exactly what she looks like from the neck down.

She hardly got any media attention

I texted Crime stoppers with no response. I wrote to the author of the article and they made it sound like I "know something". I don't, I just did research
    Geez, no one is going to want to call in a tip if they're going to think we "know something"

That is terrible! They should be happy with any tips. What a shame. I also read that they thought the body had been there since July, but I don't know why they assumed that. If that's the case then it would not be Jasmine. And I agree about her not getting any coverage. The only reason I knew who she was is b/c I read the news all day long. So sad!

Sure hope it gets figured out quickly.

so do we have an age range, stature and date of death yet?
    Some people do crossword puzzles or Soduko in their spare time...I look at skeletal reconstructions and work on UID puzzles. I swear I'm not this morbid in person!

Help Fred Murray find his daughter and bring her home. He should not be walking those woods alone!
    What Happened to Maura Murray? http://www.mauramurraymissing.com

CINCINNATI -- Glendale police have confirmed that human skeletal remains were found near the Sharon Road exit of Interstate 75.

The discovery was made at about 6:45 p.m. Monday by a couple of residents who were walking through a wooded area along the 600 block of East Sharon Road.

Officers said the remains were found in several different areas but were all in close proximity to each other.
    http://www.wlwt.com/r/18418076/detail.html

As yet unidentified:
    https://identifyus.org/cases/7146

Date found January 05, 2009 at 07:22 PM
    Estimated age Adult - Pre 70
    Minimum age 40 years
    Maximum age 65 years
    Race White
    Ethnicity
    Sex Female
    Weight (pounds) , Cannot Estimate
    Height (inches) 64, Estimated
    Probable year of death 2000 to 2008
    Remains found in wooded area, directly to the west of Interstate 75 southbound entrance ramp, and south of Princeton High School.

Possible healed fracture of left ankle (distal left fibula). Lower limb bones showed very unusually well-developed muscle attachment sites suggesting very active biomechanical stress of some duration in the lower limbs.

Gray sweatpants (Fruit of the Loom, size XL); underwear band from men's underwear, cotton cloth had disintegrated (Fruit of the Loom, size M); white bra; remnants of a sequined top (Faded Glory Women's); white or gray socks

Green and blue gym shoes (Sketcher's Retro, size unknown).
    Rings

All teeth in the upper jaw were missing antemortem.
    Both nuclear and mitochondrial DNA available

Thanks Donjeta.

The two links in the original post no longer work.

The link you posted with the NamUs info does, thank you for posting it.

It would be nice if they would release pics of the rings at least, wouldn't it?

It's very frustrating to me sometimes that the press does not allow Missing Persons reports to be copied in full and then they are not available later on their own site.

Thanks again Donjeta

There's a pic of the rings at the link:
    http://s10.invisionfree.com/usedtobe...howtopic=41283

what is odd is that this woman appears to have been an athletic woman and was wearing sweatpants. it is almost as if she was snatched while out on a power walk and dumped on the side of the highway.

I looked up I-75 and according to Wikipedia, it travels through 6 states - Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Ohio and Michigan. The UID does not appear to be local to OH so I'm going to see what I can find along the other states in terms of matches.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_75
    Last edited by KateB; 04-30-2015 at 09:35 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta

Gray sweatpants (Fruit of the Loom, size XL); underwear band from men's underwear, cotton cloth had disintegrated (Fruit of the Loom, size M); white bra; remnants of a sequined top (Faded Glory Women's); white or gray socks

Green and blue gym shoes (Sketcher's Retro, size unknown).
    Rings

Faded Glory is a clothing brand that is sold only at Walmart.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Walmart_brands
    Last edited by KateB; 04-30-2015 at 09:35 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Details uncovered about remains of 'The Traveler'

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...ains-Traveler-
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

An unidentified woman whose skeletal remains were found in 2009 in Glendale may have looked like this, according to reconstruction by a forensic artist. / Provided/Hamilton County Coroner's Office

NamUs profile
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast