1173 users online (226 members and 947 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 704
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,146

    S.A. Concerned Defense will Sell Pics of Caylee's Remains

    State Tries To Limit Images Of Caylee's Remains
    Prosecutors File Motion Over Concerns Of Sale

    POSTED: 1:21 pm EST January 6, 2009
    UPDATED: 5:17 pm EST January 6, 2009


    ORLANDO, Fla. -- Prosecutors are withholding three discs showing Caylee Anthony’s remains from the defense team, WESH 2 News confirmed on Tuesday.

    The discs include X-rays and photos of her body, which were supposed to be delivered to the defense under a court’s order. But in a new motion, the Orange-Osceola State Attorney’s Office said it has concerns that the images will be reproduced and sold, according to WESH 2 reporter Bob Kealing.


    Full article at http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/18422273/detail.html


    I am glad the SA has decided to do this. It seems to me the As want to make a living out of this, and it seems LE wants to stop them, which I'm glad about.

    It's also interesting that the SA say that they have already made lots of money from selling photos...I thought the As denied this when they accused LG??
    Last edited by JBean; 01-06-2009 at 07:45 PM. Reason: snipped text due to copyright

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    717
    I would hate to think they would sell photos of that. Just because I hate the thought does not mean it could not happen though.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,146
    I am glad the SA is getting it out there that they have been profitting from selling the pics. I think they are getting ready to charge them and want the public to know what they have been up to.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35
    I understand the SA and I think they did the right thing. The defense however, will be entitled to take their own photos of the remains so I don't really believe that an order limiting reproduction of the photos is going to prevent them from being shopped around. The defense and their "experts" are going to profit off of this case in some way. IMO the dream team has an ulterior motive to this "pro bono" case.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Superllama View Post
    I understand the SA and I think they did the right thing. The defense however, will be entitled to take their own photos of the remains so I don't really believe that an order limiting reproduction of the photos is going to prevent them from being shopped around. The defense and their "experts" are going to profit off of this case in some way. IMO the dream team has an ulterior motive to this "pro bono" case.
    ITA (particularly with bolded part). Which is why I am wondering if they filed the motion to make sure the public knew that they had been profitting through sale of photos etc...if they are warming us up for charges to be laid??

    If they want to sell any photos at all, I would have no problem with it, if and only if, all monies made were donated to a LEGITIMATE missing persons group.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,762
    Where in the article does it say the A's have made money selling photos or that the A's intend to sell these photos? Defense = Casey and her lawyers.

    EDIT to add: Looks like little Caylee's funeral will be held up even longer.
    Last edited by JBean; 01-06-2009 at 07:50 PM. Reason: removed quoted post

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Polk County, Florida
    Posts
    7,216
    Somebody help me out here, I thought it was illegal for "remains" photo's to be published, (I don't follow Nascar), but didn't this come about when a driver was killed in the Daytona 500? It's like the one exception to the Florida Sunshine laws (I think).

    Anybody else?
    <Click on User CP>
    Scroll down and on the left
    <Click on Edit Ignore List>
    In add a Member to your list
    <start typing the name of the person you want to ignore>
    <Click on OKay>

    IF WE COOK IT THEY WILL COME!


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,146
    It says this....

    In this motion, the state argues that substantial licensing fees have been paid for pictures and video of Caylee taken while she was alive.

    Doesn't tell us who got the money...we do know G & C were involved in at least one transaction with LG. I assume we will get more details about who has profitted when we get to Court. But, keep in mind, Casey is not allowed to profit, so I'm still banking on it having been G & C as I don't think JB would risk having Casey sell them herself.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,762
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalei321 View Post
    Somebody help me out here, I thought it was illegal for "remains" photo's to be published, (I don't follow Nascar), but didn't this come about when a driver was killed in the Daytona 500? It's like the one exception to the Florida Sunshine laws (I think).

    Anybody else?
    Teresa Earnhardt had to get a special order barring Dale's autopsy photos from being released.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Grape country
    Posts
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Where in the article does it say the A's have made money selling photos or that the A's intend to sell these photos? Defense = Casey and her lawyers.

    EDIT to add: Looks like little Caylee's funeral will be held up even longer.
    Maybe because they have profited in the past on the pictures and video"s..
    IMO

    "May you always have LOVE to share,health to spare,and Friends that care."


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,762
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnyphoenix1 View Post
    It says this....

    In this motion, the state argues that substantial licensing fees have been paid for pictures and video of Caylee taken while she was alive.

    Doesn't tell us who got the money...we do know G & C were involved in at least one transaction with LG. I assume we will get more details about who has profitted when we get to Court. But, keep in mind, Casey is not allowed to profit, so I'm still banking on it having been G & C as I don't think JB would risk having Casey sell them herself.
    There is nothing keeping Casey from profiting by selling pictures of her daughter.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Where in the article does it say the A's have made money selling photos or that the A's intend to sell these photos? Defense = Casey and her lawyers.

    EDIT to add: Looks like little Caylee's funeral will be held up even longer.
    Yep...I hope the LE don't delay any charges any further...it could be weeks away, and this family could make and spend a small fortune from Caylee pics in the meantime.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    7,762
    Quote Originally Posted by shotzie View Post
    Maybe because they have profited in the past on the pictures and video"s..
    Really? Do you have a link?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,806
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnyphoenix1 View Post
    ITA (particularly with bolded part). Which is why I am wondering if they filed the motion to make sure the public knew that they had been profitting through sale of photos etc...if they are warming us up for charges to be laid??

    If they want to sell any photos at all, I would have no problem with it, if and only if, all monies made were donated to a LEGITIMATE missing persons group.
    Sorry, I didn't want to see Earnhart's autopsies in public and I don't want to see Caylee's autopsies either or any autopsies for the public to view. This is one of those areas that need to be private.

    Would anyone here want their family members autopsies shown in public? What does this say about us and our society. What message are we sending to our kids. The nation is desensitized enough as it is. No wonder there are parents out there killing children.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    There is nothing keeping Casey from profiting by selling pictures of her daughter.
    Are you allowed to profit from your crimes in Florida??? Are you sure of this??? That would really surprise me. Perhaps a Florida lawyer can clear this up???

    I really think you are wrong...otherwise it would be serious incentive for a number of sociopathic parents to kill their cute children.

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Possible Sketches of Caylee Skull Pics *WARNING - Graphic*
    By HRCODEPINK in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 10:03 PM
  2. Drew trying to sell pics to NE
    By christine2448 in forum Stacy Peterson
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-02-2008, 04:55 PM