WA WA - Jamie Grissim, 16, Vancouver, 7 Dec 1971

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Moved from LTWH board to here for discussion, originally posted by: Be Adequite!

Missing/cold case- WA state- Jamie Grisim
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jamie Grisim- Vancouver, WA
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1375dfwa.html
A case from my hometown- several leads over the years but nothing has ever panned out. She is a foster child from a good home and has a supportive sister, who continues to look for her. I've walked the 2 mile path she allegedly vanished from, many times growing up.
More detail here as well-
http://rebelcherokee.labdiva.com/jamiestory.html

I found this

http://www.katu.com/team2/story.asp?ID=83460

DNA tests rule out skull as that of missing woman

By Bob Heye
and KATU.com Web Staff
CLARK COUNTY - It was an agonizingly long wait for a woman whose sister had been missing for more than three decades. Now DNA test results indicate she has to wait even longer for closure.

In 1980, a father and his son discovered a skull in remote hills in Clark County. Last June, investigators released a composite sketch made from the skull.

That sparked a glimmer of hope for Starr Lara, whose teenage sister went missing in 1971. Lara believed the sketch looked like Jamie Grisim, and she held onto the hope that she could finally bury her sister's remains.

"If someone's murdered, you need to have their body to lay it to rest," Lara said. "And to know what really happened."

Fueling Lara's belief was the fact that the skull had been discovered close to the area where some of Grisim's belongings had been found. Lara waited for DNA results for more than half a year, then on February 10 investigators told her the skull was not her sister's.

"Of course I'm sad because you don't have answers," Lara said. "But I would have been sad if it had been her."

Now Lara clings to the hope that the DNA on file will help quickly identify Grisim's remains if they are found. And she is willing to go through the whole process all over again.

"That's the only way you can get an answer as to where she is," she said.

Meanwhile, the Clark County Sheriff's Office is still hoping to identify the skull. They have been contacted by another family that believes the remains are a person that vanished before 1980. Sheriff's officials are still waiting for more DNA test results.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/grisim_jamie.html

Hello Everyone,
I'm still looking for answers for my murdered sister Jamie Grisim who disappeared December 7, 1971 from Vancouver, Washington. Her alleged killer Warren Forrest is due to come up for parole in just two years, and he will get out in no uncertain terms in 2014 without more charges or evidence against him.

He is thought to have killed 6 to 8 women with my sister being the first. She was not a hitch hiker, but I finally learned the connection between her and Warren. They both attended Ft. Vancouver High School in Vancouver, Washington. He had graduated 3 years earlier. I believe he was at the school that day, as he had been very popular in high school, and back then, older guys hung out in the smoking areas. It wasn't considered a bad thing back then. The sailors would come into town sometimes and hang out too. I think that is how my sister Jamie met Warren, as she would never take a ride from a stranger.

He was handsome, very charming, blonde haired and blue eyed. She was normally brown haired with brown eyes. Opposites attract. She always would tell me how much she liked blonde haired blue guys. I was the opposite because I had blonde hair and blue eyes, I liked dark haired dark eyes guys.

My sister's death certificate was issued just this week on March 23, 2009 after over 38 years since her disappearance. I've appeared on KGW TV in Portland, Oregon just last Wednesday, as her certificate was issued the day Stephanie Condor's remains were found after 10 years. Strange and eerie, and the local news thought so too. I also will appear on KOIN6 TV in Portland, Oregon this Monday, tomorrow, March 30, 2009.

I've been contacted by her alleged killer's best friend's daughter. She has given me information that she and Warren's daughter were best of friends growing up, and the two wives hung out together too. She can remember back in the 70s when Warren was arrested. She believes her father may know something. I think so too.

If anyone besides, Warren, the convicted killer, knows anything about these other women's cases, or teenagers cases, it will be his best friend.
His friend is dying of cancer and soon. I'm praying that he can finally give me some answers.

They often refer to these girls as women, but they weren't women, most of them. My sister was only 16 years old. Another girl was 14. My sister was the first victim on an eight page crime synopsis. I believe Warren killed her, and I won't rest till I know the truth.

I visited with a famous psychic Laura McQuary of Lake Oswego, Oregon. She was instrumental in the Linda Sovak case, the beautiful model in Los Angeles that a photographer brutally murdered. She's appeared on Larry King, and Melissa Ethridge is hostess for Laura's new television show. She didn't charge me as it is an active homicide investigation, and she believes Warren killed my sister, and that her remains are at Sunset Falls campground in Northeastern Clark County, Washington. She believes since my sister was the first victim that Warren buried her more deeply than the rest. After that, he wasn't getting caught, so why bother. Her belongings were found in remote Northeastern Clark County in close proximately to two dead girls bodies just five months after she disappeared. You tell me, what were her belongings doing so far out in the wilderness??

Thank you for caring enough to post about my sister. I will be on KOIN 6 tv in Portland, Oregon Monday evening, March 30, 2009. I hope all of you can watch and maybe someone will remember something.

I also appeared last Wednesday on KGW tv channel 2 in Portland, Oregon next to the Stephanie Condor remains story. If anyone wants the link to the video, please email me, as it's hard to find on their website.

I've not given up in convicting my sister's killer. He will be convicted. Her body will be found. Her death certificate was issued earlier this week on March 23, 2009, nearly 38 years after her disappearance. She is gone, but never forgotten, not as long as I live and breath.

Jamie's little sister, Starr.

I am so sorry for your loss Starr. I pray you find the answers you are looking for. {{Big hugs}} for you.

Is this the suspect in Ms. Grisims disappearance?

Link: http://www.seattlepi.com/local/109337_serial20.shtml
Warren Forrest
Clark County parks employee,
Vancouver
Suspected of kidnapping, raping and strangling six women near Vancouver. Convicted of killing one and abducting, raping and attempting to kill two others, after serving seven years in a state mental hospital.
A photo of him here Link: http://www.seattlepi.com/dayart/pdf/20030220serialkillers.pdf

Oh My!! On the link file above it lists 52 suspected serial killers, in the West, alone, some of the killers named criss-crossed around the USA as over the road truckers or because they were fleeing from LE, from 1971 to 1996... WOW! I am stumped! This is one of the reasons it is so hard to find our missing ladies!! Some men, too!

Starr: We'll keep you in our prayers from here on, I couldn't begin to imagine you and your family's pain and frustration, but, I can offer prayers for y'all to receive peace, comfort & knowing, soon! We do admire you for your strength and perserverance, we'll pray for that to remain!

Hello,
A few things have happened lately regarding my missing murdered sister Jamie Grissim. Her death certificate was issued March 23, 2009 with the presumed death date of December 7, 1971.

Her story is now on the AOLNews.com web site and can be found by searcing with the name Jamie Grissim.

There is an unidentified female found in Octobe 1974 that the FBI is trying to extract DNA from. It may take several more months. The DNA is trying to be extracted from the unidentified victim's hair. If DNA is found, it will be compared to my sister Jamie's. There is some possibility it could be Jamie, but the timing is not right. DNA will prove it either way.

Thank you,
Jamie's younger sister
Starr Lara

DNA Clue May End 38-Year Mystery, and a Sister's Pain

Starr Lara has been in limbo for more than three decades, waiting for closure in the case of her older sister, Jamie Grissim, who vanished at age 16 and is believed to be a suspected serial killer's first victim.

Now, as the suspect nears his release from prison, Lara is praying that DNA she recently submitted will yield a match to an unidentified female found three years after her sister went missing.

"I hold out hope that it could be her, because of the height, weight and age of the victim," Lara told AOL News. "Most people have forgotten Jamie, [but] I'll never forget.

"She deserves for the world to know what happened to her. She deserves justice."

Much more at link: http://www.aolnews.com/crime/article/dna-clue-may-end-38-year-mystery-and-starr-laras-pain/19496283

www.crimewiresite.com
Tuesday, February 22, 9pm ET

Special Guest Monica Caison of CUE Center for Missing Persons
http://ncmissingpersons.org

Monica Caison will be presenting the case of missing Jamie Grissim

Jamie is considered to be the first victim of a potential serial killer who is believed to have raped and killed 6 to 8 young Vancouver women in Clark County between January 10, 1972 and October 1, 1974. He was tried for the death of one woman in 1978 and received life sentence. Jamie is still missing. One body was never identified to this day. All victims except Jamie have been found.

Joining the Crime Wire Team in the discussion is Jamie Grissim’s sister, Starr Lara

Be sure to keep up to date on featured cases and issues on our website:
http://crimewiresite.com

Join Susan each Tuesday night at 9pm ET with Author and former police officer, Dennis Griffin and Private Investigator and Author, Vito Colucci, Jr. as we feature cases of unsolved murder, botched investigations, missing persons and crimes in the news.

To Listen Live:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/crimewire

40 years later mystery of missing girl still unsolved

Starr Lara's sister, Jamie Grissim, left Fort Vancouver High School and vanished with hardly a trace 40 years ago.

Starr will mark the tragic milestone Saturday with a candlelight vigil and says she's trying to come to terms with more bad news she recently received in the murder investigation.

[snip]

[...] another neighbor walking up a nearby logging road discovered the remains of two women. One was identified as Carol Valenzuela. The other woman has never been identified.

Clark County detectives have long thought suspected serial killer Warren Forrest is responsible for the deaths of those two women. A sheriff's office document says they also suspect that "Jamie Grissim is the first victim" of Warren Forrest, but they've never been able to match Jamie to the unidentified remains.

[snip]

When Starr recently got the news the crime lab couldn't get usable DNA to make a comparison, she urged the detective to re-examine the skeleton itself. Starr says she was told Jamie's dental records – that were compared years ago to the remains and used to rule Jamie out as a match – were incomplete. Starr hoped new technology would reveal more clues.

"He finally called back and tells me, 'Starr, there are no remains.' I said, 'What do you mean?' He said, 'They lost them.'

More: http://www.katu.com/news/local/40-y...m-still-unsolved-134954333.html?tab=video&c=y

I read about Jamie Grissim today, and was glad to see we have a thread for her here.

Starrlara, if you read this post, please let me know if you have ever written to Warren Forrest asking about your dear sister. Some convicts become born-again Christians in prison, desire to make amends, etc. It is a very long shot, since this scum-bag will eventually be up for parole and probably won't say anything to jeopardize that, but there is a slim chance that he might be willing to tell you where Jamie is.

Jamie is out there somewhere. How wonderful it would be to bring her home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteRaven
Back