735 users online (74 members and 661 guests)  

Websleuths News

HI - Nancy Anderson, 19, Waikiki Beach, 7 January 1972

Moved from LTWH board to here for discussion, originally posted by: kitbits

HI-Nancy Anderson, murdered in 1972
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I went to school with Nancy's younger sister, but hadn't met her until 1973, after my family moved to Colorado. Really tragic events for this family. Their father had died in a Dow Chemical Plant explosion in Michigan and then, as I recall, they had moved to Colorado. The daughter Nancy was murdered in 72.
    Got to thinking about it recently, wondering if anything ever came of it. Because my brain is getting so old, it took me awhile to remember her forename, but I finally did, and then did some google searches & found this:
    http://archives.starbulletin.com/200...s/story13.html
    Can't find any follow-ups, but if anyone does, please let me know! I really hope that they do the DNA testing & that it leads to a solution.

From the star bulletin: "Her doors were locked, the roommate was asleep in the next bedroom and she was not robbed when she was attacked in the bathroom, Anderson said."

That's unusual.

Only other info I found was crimestoppers:http://www.crimestoppers-honolulu.or...aspx?PageNum=4

There is an email address for the reporter that did the story in the starbulletin. I wonder if it is still a good email address? Could write the reporter and ask for any new details they can discuss.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    From the star bulletin: "Her doors were locked, the roommate was asleep in the next bedroom and she was not robbed when she was attacked in the bathroom, Anderson said."

That's unusual.

Only other info I found was crimestoppers:http://www.crimestoppers-honolulu.or...aspx?PageNum=4

There is an email address for the reporter that did the story in the starbulletin. I wonder if it is still a good email address? Could write the reporter and ask for any new details they can discuss.
    Hi, Kat--yeah, I thought so. Well, I remember her sister telling me that too, that she was attacked whilst her roomate slept. I suppose she must be quite a heavy sleeper--I know I can be at times, particularly because I wear earplugs to block out the loud snoring next to me However, I'm sure a scream would wake me. But perhaps she never had a chance to scream?

Hm...I might try writing him over the weekend. I did see the article, but didn't give it any thought after that...thanks!
    'Curiosity is, in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last.' Dr Samuel Johnson