812 users online (165 members and 647 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    She disappeared December 8th. Decomposition is consistent with her death being December 8th. Swearingen was arrested December 11th.

Quote Originally Posted by nutkin View Post
    She disappeared December 8th. Decomposition is consistent with her death being December 8th. Swearingen was arrested December 11th.
    Yet there is Six different physicians and scientists—forensic pathologists and entomologists—say there’s no way Swearingen could have done it. http://www.texasmonthly.com/2009-01-01/webextra6.php

the state of the internal organs

Brandi Grissom wrote an article on the case. "Since his conviction, though, at least 10 different reports from more than a half-dozen scientists have concluded that Ms. Trotter’s body tells a different story. Their examinations of her internal organs show that she was killed while Mr. Swearingen was behind bars."

State of the organs; DNA

Brandi Grissom wrote on this case. The DNA on the cigarettes was not Trotter's, and the DNA under her fingernails was not Swearingen's. "Since his conviction, though, at least 10 different reports from more than a half-dozen scientists have concluded that Trotter’s body tells a different story. Their examinations of her internal organs show that she was killed while Swearingen was behind bars."

Do a database search

Jordan Smith wrote, "After reviewing the basic pathology work done by Carter, Tarrant County's White and North Carolina pathologist G.M. Larkin concluded that Carter's autopsy results were actually inconsistent with Trotter having been dead for more than about 10 days before she was found – more than two weeks after Swearingen was arrested....Microscopic examinations of body tissues done in 2009 and then again in June this year show that she was likely dead just two or three days before her body was found." Swearingen was his own worst enemy, and he deserved to be a suspect. Yet I can't get my mind around the problems surrounding the date of death. One has to wonder if there were other suspects that were simply missed due to tunnel vision. Someone should run the fingernail profile through a database.

The DNA does not match

At The Texas Observer, "Most compelling of all, DNA testing of pubic hairs found on Trotter’s vagina as well as blood under her fingernails showed that neither belonged to Swearingen."

Thanks for bringing this case to my attention. I've developed an interest in wrongful convictions. The thanks button wasn't enough for showing me a new case to read about!
    "He who does not prevent a crime when he can, encourages it.
    ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca

My confession... I

how many times will they delay this monsters execution?
    I am tired of all the hired defence experts who try to make him look innocent!the evidence against him is so strong!!!I am 100% sure he did it.Now his lawyer claims evidence was planted by the cops,GMAB.This killer changed his story so many times it makes my head spin!It's ridiculous and the Trotters deserve CLOSURE
    The rice is already cooked...

Death Row Inmate Larry Swearingen's Execution Stayed

http://myhighplains.com/fulltext?nxd_id=334442
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

Death Row Inmate Larry Swearingen's Execution Stayed

http://myhighplains.com/fulltext?nxd_id=334442
    No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

how many times will they delay this monsters execution?
    I am tired of all the hired defence experts who try to make him look innocent!the evidence against him is so strong!!!I am 100% sure he did it.his lawyer even claimed evidence was planted by the cops,GMAB.This killer changed his story so many times it makes my head spin!It's ridiculous and the Trotters deserve CLOSURE

only HIS expert supported the theory that he was in jail when the murder took place! (condition of body,etc)

this happens in so many cases lately and it's plain wrong!!!ABSENCE of DNA doesn't make a suspect INNOCENT!!!WTH?it's only defence spin!

what about the other evidence??is it zero only because a killer's DNA is NOT at a crime scene or on the victim's body(maybe he was lucky/smart not to leave it behind)?

Montgomery Co. DA approves death-row inmate's request for more DNA testing
    Friday, January 25, 2013

by Christine Dobbyn
    HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The execution of a high-profile convicted killer has taken an unusual turn. The man on death row insists he didn't do it, and now has a chance to prove it.
    snip
    Her mother, Sandy Trotter, still wears her daughter's cross.
    "We just try to be able to remember that she's a lot more than what happened December 8 and just keeping her memory alive," Sandy Trotter said.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Larry Swearingen on Facing Evil tonight.

Investigation Discovery. Came on at 7 PM, but I am sure it will repeat.

Pretty biased account in my eyes. They really let him paint Melissa Trotter in a bad light.

Personally, I think he had an accomplice.
    http://unsolvedmurdertx.blogspot.com/

The key is often reading/listening clearly to the details with logic and not emotion.

Well I see that no one has posted on this thread in a while, but I have to post my opinion, and I am obviously in the minority of those who have posted.

The one thing that stands out to me in this case is the autopsy report. There have been several medical examiners who have reviewed it and state that Trotter couldn't have been dead more than 10 days, with some saying likely 2 days. I have read these reports, and I have to agree. When you realize that her body only weighed 5 lbs less at autopsy then it did at her last medical check up, and that all of here internal organs were in perfect shape with little decomp, you have to come to the conclusion that Swearingen was in jail before her body was dumped.

Then there is the pubic hair and blood under Trotters fingernails that are not a match to Swearingen.

There are other inconsistencies as well. If you would like to read further, there are a lot of good articles written about the case at http://www.skepticaljuror.com/2011/0...-of-larry.html

I don't claim that Larry Swearingen is a good guy, and he definitely did things that make him look guilty, but just based on the scientific evidence I believe this case deserves another look. And they definitely should test the DNA on the ligature.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast