Man with seven DUI convictions is nailed again

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A Lynn man with seven drunken driving convictions was ordered held without bail yesterday after being nabbed in Swampscott Tuesday, where his blood-alcohol level allegedly was more than four times the legal limit.

``Yep, I had two beers. No, four beers. Well, I had a lot to drink,'' a slurring Mark L. Burge, 43, allegedly told Swampscott Patrolman Michael Frayler after running a red light on Paradise Road just before 6 p.m. Tuesday.

According to the officer's report, Burge had to be asked four times for his license and registration, almost falling down when he was asked to step out of his Pontiac Grand Prix. Frayler said Burge flunked three separate sobriety tests after the officer had to catch him from falling.

Police found an empty 200 milliliter bottle of vodka in Burge's car along with another half-empty bottle and three six-packs of beer. His breath test at the police station was recorded at .33, just over four times the legal blood-alcohol limit of .08. Although a number of factors are involved in determining blood-alcohol level, someone of Burge's weight, nearly 180 pounds, would have to consume 14 drinks in an hour to reach .33.

Trying to hide behind his attorney with his head down yesterday in Lynn District Court, Burge was ordered held without bail by Judge Joseph Dever until a dangerousness hearing May 27.

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=28633

Wow Cass this is almost in my backyard!! Scarey to think I could be on the highway with this guy.....

I have no respect for people who drive drunk - over and over and over. In the summer after I graduated from high school, a group of guys that I knew pretty well went out into the foothills to do some 4-bying in their pick up truck, 3 guys inside the truck, 4 guys outside in the truck bed. They were very drunk and ended up flipping the truck several times. All of them were in critical condition. Luckily no one was killed and they made a recovery. Not long after they were out of the hospital guess what they did? Yep, they went out and did the exact same thing putting them all right back in the hospital hanging onto their lives.

Once I left a dinner party after a few drinks and I thought I was perfectly fine. It wasn't until I got home (safely thank goodness!!) that I realized that I was not in any condition to drive. I wasn't way, way over, but I shouldn't have been driving. My reflexes were definately impaired and I am so thankful that I did not meet any other cars. That was the only lesson I needed. I wish people would learn to have some control. Drunk driving is a horrible crime because you put so many lives in danger. Whole families with little kids have been killed while the drunk survives and lives to risk again. It makes me so upset.

Sky

Our opinions do not really blossom into fruition until we have expressed them to someone else.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), quoted in Mark Twain and I, Opie Read, 1940

Well, I see America's war on drugs is going well. Thousands of people have been locked up for years at a time for possession of small amounts of marijuana or other drugs. Makes me feel better when the dangerous miscreants are behind bars while relatively harmless people like the above DUI offender are out on the streets. What was the last time someone consuming the legally available (in any quantity) product of alcohol hurt anyone else?

My mother was killed by a repeat drunk driver when I was 11 years old. The only injury that he sustained in the wreck was a cut lip......he got that from his beer can. He received 10 years for Manslaughter but he barely did a year and then he was out again.

How many times does it have to be said.......DRUNK DRIVING KILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And WHO, might I ask, allowed this guy to continue to drive after the other 6 DUI's???? Those are the people who belong in jail, IMO!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back