Found: Green urn, very nice

TGIRecovered

Reaction score
Abilene, Texas- At first Terry Diamond thought the jar sitting on an iron planter in the corner of her front porch was something leftover from the holidays. A jar with baked goods inside, perhaps...
...With the urn was a note, from someone known only as "Eddy." It read, "Domi, Called Many Times!!! Your new home is nice. Had to drive back. Take care of Uncle Jack!!"
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/jan/06/urn-found-on-porch-prompts-search-for-kin-of/

Problem is, Terri Diamond doesn't have, ( or, um, never had) an Uncle Jack.

Maybe I should have posted this in "missing- unidentified". There is a pic of the urn at the link. It's professionally sealed, remains presumably intact.

Susan

Uncle Jack can now claim to have been well traveled.

This is so strange! Can you imagine coming home to a strangers ashes on your porch?:waitasec:

This is so strange! Can you imagine coming home to a strangers ashes on your porch?:waitasec:

kinda odd that they (LE or someone official) wont open it to see whats inside. could be dirt or kitty litter for all they know. it sure is a pretty thing.

kinda odd that they (LE or someone official) wont open it to see whats inside. could be dirt or kitty litter for all they know. it sure is a pretty thing.

I don't think they're allowed to open it just like that, not if there could be a dead persons ashes inside.
Though I agree, it could be absolutely anything in there. A jokey note perhaps?
I also agree the vase is indeed a beautiful piece of work.
Hmmm... I think if that happened to me I would give it to the police as well, so they could try and find the people it belonged to. Imagine that was your Uncle Jack in there... I would like to have him back.

This seems to be a prank or something maybe. Especially because the person who received it is a radio personality.

Then again it could be for real , but I can't imagine leaving Uncle Jack like that without being absolutely sure it was the right house.

But, that's an expensive urn to be playing a joke with.

I wonder if they've x-rayed it to try to see what may or may not be in there and if they see a medal disc that is put inside with cremains?

This one is hard to figure. :confused:

Somebody has too much time on their hands :D

weird place to store fireplace ashes...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member