Topless tab tops $28,000!

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
That's a lot of lap dances.

A Manhattan insurance executive was handed an eye-popping $28,000 bill after hours of Champagne-fueled frolicking at the East Side strip club Scores.

But Mitchell Blaser, 53, contends his wild night out could not have added up to anywhere near the amount charged to his American Express card - enough to buy a new Chevy Trailblazer.

He slapped the topless mecca for celebrities and high rollers with a lawsuit in Manhattan Supreme Court, claiming hanky-panky - of the financial sort - was behind his gargantuan tab.

The upper East Side bachelor's lawyer, Leonard Zack, told the Daily News that Blaser was expecting a bill of about $2,000.

Zack accused Scores of fraud. "It's a swindle, and they probably do it to a lot of people who don't want to do anything," he said.

But Scores spokesman Lonnie Hanover said the naked truth is that Blaser flashed his credit card with a cost-is-no-object zeal while out treating a pal and the pal's girlfriend on Dec. 11.

"If you want to party like a [movie star] you can, but it is going to cost you," Hanover said.

He added that the club has Blaser's signed receipts to prove "this is a totally frivolous lawsuit."

For beginners, he said Blaser - chief financial officer of the Americas division of Swiss Re, the world's second-largest insurance company - ordered five magnums of Clos Du Mesnil Champagne, at $3,200 a pop.

"This man purchased our most expensive bottle of champagne. It is rated the best in the world," Hanover said. "You can have a wonderful bottle of champagne for $300. This is the extreme. ... The last person to buy one was a head of state."

Then there were the lap dances.

Hanover said Blaser charged $7,000 worth of Diamond Dollars - the club's currency - and he doled them out like candy for $20 lap dances. "At $7,000, he had a dozen girls hanging on to his words for several hours," Hanover said.

Blaser also ordered $500 worth of hard-liquor shots, Hanover said. Throw in tips and food, and it adds up to $28,000, according to Scores.

But Blaser contends that when he left the club at Second Ave. and 60th St., he grudgingly signed a bill for $8,615, only because he was intimidated by the club's staff. After he stepped outside, he realized the bill included a tacked-on $4,000 gratuity, he claims in the suit.

When he later called American Express to complain, he was told his card had been swiped three additional times, and his total bill was for $28,021, his suit charges.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/story/195217p-168670c.html

I hope he wins his lawsuit. That is lots of liquor for only 3 people, and strip clubs are nothing but low class and scummy, I don't care how high class they pretend to be or who they cater to.

I think if someone says "bring me your best champagne and keep it coming" the club should say - "Sir it is 3200.00 a bottle, is that okay?"

Not just start serving it so he is shocked later. The rest of the stuff I don't know about!! We will have to see what happens in court.

I think if you lay with dogs you wake up with fleas.
He deserved what he got and his lawsuit is frivolous.

If he was concerned about the price then he should have been paying attention... He was concerned about playing Mr Big Bucks so now he should pay for it.
I don't think that a court room (and ultimately) tax dollars should be tied up because this guy went to some strip club and acted stupid.
This is a well educated man who should have known better.
He was more concerned about putting on a show for his friends..

Who would walk into any bar or club and say "bring me your best and keep it coming?" Without asking?

You know, my husband would be allowed to go stare at these "ladies" as long as he wanted, but once he starts giving them "my" money - that's when I have a problem with it!

I completely agree with Amraann. I lothe strip clubs, they are sleazy and all they do is cause problems and break up marriages. I don't feel sorry for this guy in the least.

He was livin' large...

Now how much will he be able to deduct as a business expense?

LP Moderator said:
You know, my husband would be allowed to go stare at these "ladies" as long as he wanted, but once he starts giving them "my" money - that's when I have a problem with it!

Dang are you sure we are not Married?? ;) I hear the same thing. I can look at the menu all I want. But better not try it :D

Well, we might be!!! There aren't too many of us who honestly don't care about hubby going to the "tittie" bars every now and then, but he's a big boy. I don't tell him where he can go and he doesn't tell me where I can go. He hasn't been in one (that I know of) for about 10 years, but when there's a bachelor party, there's bound to be a stop at one or two!

LP hubby and I have the same relationship.

However He doesn't want to go to a strip club.. IMO the idea of some crack *advertiser censored* dancing on his lap does little for him.

Ike I tend to disagree a little with your post,
Its not the strip club or the stripper fault if a marriage breaks up.
When I weigh it in my mind.... On one hand you have these girls... in many cases uneducated and few options beyond employment at McD's.
So they use what they have to make a buck. Most come from abusive/ checmial addictive childhoods.
On the other hand you have these men who are typically educated and at the very least making enough money to blow some at a strip club.

IMO there would not be strip clubs if there existed no market for them.
I fault those who prey upon such Typically pathetic creatures as strippers are moreso then the stripper.
IMO to place blame on the undereducated who is just trying to survive is flawed.
In the article above this man is holding a high position at a lucrative company. IMO its not hard to see who should have a greater sense of moral values and/or ability to make choices.
Choices are easy for those who have them.... Girls working at these clubs usually have few.

I agree with your post Amraann. I didn't mean to imply that it was the stripper's fault if a marriage breaks up, although it did come out that way. And, some women are completely fine with their husbands/boyfriends going to these places. I don't judge those people for what they want to do, but I could never be okay with it myself.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back