935 users online (158 members and 777 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Patrick Swayze on Barbara Walters

Right now, ABC - great interview.
    Check out updated daily: Tricia's Tidbits

Some days I feel like a tumbleweed blowing in the wind....

I love this man's honesty... he's not making any bones about what is going on, how he is feeling and how he is handling things. I love his bluntness... he has one helluva fighting spirit.

Elpha, you're right, he's being so raw. His wife Lisa is beautiful, and she's making me cry........ What a love story.

Quote Originally Posted by TopGunner View Post
    Elpha, you're right, he's being so raw. His wife Lisa is beautiful, and she's making me cry........ What a love story.
    I can't watch!
    I had cancer and my uncle just died from cancer... so I can't watch!
    Can someone tell me if he says how he is really doing... (beating it or not)
    I know there have been rummors but I'm just wondering what he is saying about it!
    Any details would be great!
    TIA

Pass the tissue, please... tears are just rolling down my face. Mind you, it's more smiling tears than tears of sadness... his attitude and honesty, his raw emotions and bluntness is inspirational.

Quote Originally Posted by harleysnana View Post
    I can't watch!
    I know there have been rummors but I'm just wondering what he is saying about it!
    TIA
    Oooh Hugs to you. My mother died from Cancer So I understand your pain but I am so sorry you had cancer - I take it has gone completely ?

I would also like to know what is happening with Patrick.
    I am in Oz so cant see the show and the last I heard was he was not expected to see the year out as in 08 which clearly he has

Ahhhh, TEARS! Elpha, again..you are so right. So inspiring, so beautiful.

Patrick is under going another new treatment. He basically said he's on borrowed time, in that, according to traditional stats, he should be gone by now. The fight in him isn't gone, he's pizzed enough to fight. He's very spiritual, yet realistic. A mish mash of all emotions. He's not scared, he's scared, etc. The love he and Lisa have is something few of us ever experience, I feel privledged to have witnessed it. Geez........tissues!

Quote Originally Posted by harleysnana View Post
    I can't watch!
    TIA
    If ABC puts it online, it really is worth watching. It's inspirational... it's not all sadness and dwelling on the emotional pain... he's a fighter and he admits that he is mad about it... that he deals with the "why me" stuff, but he is living his life and not bowing to the cancer.

(I get where you are coming from... I haven't personally had cancer, but my nephew has dealt with brain cancer and the struggles he has gone through has left an emotional mark my life... but not once watching the interview with Patrick did I feel depressed by it. There are moments of tears... and there is sadness, at times, but overall it's an uplifting interview. I wish I had an ounce of his strength and determination... )

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    What a great interview. Cancer SUCKS. Lord knows, most all of us have experienced it in some way, shape or form in life.

I hope he survives. I really hope and pray that he does.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    If ABC puts it online, it really is worth watching. It's inspirational... it's not all sadness and dwelling on the emotional pain... he's a fighter and he admits that he is mad about it... that he deals with the "why me" stuff, but he is living his life and not bowing to the cancer.

(I get where you are coming from... I haven't personally had cancer, but my nephew has dealt with brain cancer and the struggles he has gone through has left an emotional mark my life... but not once watching the interview with Patrick did I feel depressed by it. There are moments of tears... and there is sadness, at times, but overall it's an uplifting interview. I wish I had an ounce of his strength and determination... )
    Inspirational is right. My husband wanted to change the channel. Uh... scuze me?? This man very well may be DYING and you're just going to switch the channel to something more appealing? No. We will watch this man's journey.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Pancreatic cancer is one of the worsts with not much of a survival. We all need to love people going through this and let them know. They will tell the story and the horrific pain and we must be part of this for humanity's sake. We must always take the time to love and care for people who need help. It is the right human spirit and it is needed. Patrick is an uber hero and he knows the odds. He is laying the roadmap to keep trying and that is necessary. The fight is remarkable on his part. Bless you Patrick Swaze.

Patrick Swayze was so inspirational in this interview. (His wife is pretty awesome too!) I pray he is with us until a cure is found!

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    ~~~sigh~~~

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson View Post
    Pancreatic cancer is one of the worsts with not much of a survival. We all need to love people going through this and let them know. They will tell the story and the horrific pain and we must be part of this for humanity's sake. We must always take the time to love and care for people who need help. It is the right human spirit and it is needed. Patrick is an uber hero and he knows the odds. He is laying the roadmap to keep trying and that is necessary. The fight is remarkable on his part. Bless you Patrick Swaze.
    My MIL's gentleman friend was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a few years ago - he was yellow, having all sorts of problems, etc... I thought he was a goner, but now the cancer is completely gone - no sign of it - and he didn't do anything fancy.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    I so love Patrick and am praying for him!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast