935 users online (158 members and 777 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 43
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    4,915

    Patrick Swayze on Barbara Walters

    Right now, ABC - great interview.
    Check out updated daily: Tricia's Tidbits

    Some days I feel like a tumbleweed blowing in the wind....


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD 'burbs of Washington DC
    Posts
    5,900
    I love this man's honesty... he's not making any bones about what is going on, how he is feeling and how he is handling things. I love his bluntness... he has one helluva fighting spirit.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    4,915
    Elpha, you're right, he's being so raw. His wife Lisa is beautiful, and she's making me cry........ What a love story.
    Check out updated daily: Tricia's Tidbits

    Some days I feel like a tumbleweed blowing in the wind....


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,465
    Quote Originally Posted by TopGunner View Post
    Elpha, you're right, he's being so raw. His wife Lisa is beautiful, and she's making me cry........ What a love story.
    I can't watch!
    I had cancer and my uncle just died from cancer... so I can't watch!
    Can someone tell me if he says how he is really doing... (beating it or not)
    I know there have been rummors but I'm just wondering what he is saying about it!
    Any details would be great!
    TIA

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD 'burbs of Washington DC
    Posts
    5,900
    Pass the tissue, please... tears are just rolling down my face. Mind you, it's more smiling tears than tears of sadness... his attitude and honesty, his raw emotions and bluntness is inspirational.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,522
    Quote Originally Posted by harleysnana View Post
    I can't watch!
    I had cancer and my uncle just died from cancer... so I can't watch!
    Can someone tell me if he says how he is really doing... (beating it or not)
    I know there have been rummors but I'm just wondering what he is saying about it!
    Any details would be great!
    TIA
    Oooh Hugs to you. My mother died from Cancer So I understand your pain but I am so sorry you had cancer - I take it has gone completely ?

    I would also like to know what is happening with Patrick.
    I am in Oz so cant see the show and the last I heard was he was not expected to see the year out as in 08 which clearly he has

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    4,915
    Ahhhh, TEARS! Elpha, again..you are so right. So inspiring, so beautiful.

    Patrick is under going another new treatment. He basically said he's on borrowed time, in that, according to traditional stats, he should be gone by now. The fight in him isn't gone, he's pizzed enough to fight. He's very spiritual, yet realistic. A mish mash of all emotions. He's not scared, he's scared, etc. The love he and Lisa have is something few of us ever experience, I feel privledged to have witnessed it. Geez........tissues!
    Check out updated daily: Tricia's Tidbits

    Some days I feel like a tumbleweed blowing in the wind....


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD 'burbs of Washington DC
    Posts
    5,900
    Quote Originally Posted by harleysnana View Post
    I can't watch!
    I had cancer and my uncle just died from cancer... so I can't watch!
    Can someone tell me if he says how he is really doing... (beating it or not)
    I know there have been rummors but I'm just wondering what he is saying about it!
    Any details would be great!
    TIA
    If ABC puts it online, it really is worth watching. It's inspirational... it's not all sadness and dwelling on the emotional pain... he's a fighter and he admits that he is mad about it... that he deals with the "why me" stuff, but he is living his life and not bowing to the cancer.

    (I get where you are coming from... I haven't personally had cancer, but my nephew has dealt with brain cancer and the struggles he has gone through has left an emotional mark my life... but not once watching the interview with Patrick did I feel depressed by it. There are moments of tears... and there is sadness, at times, but overall it's an uplifting interview. I wish I had an ounce of his strength and determination... )

  9. #9
    Hopeful One's Avatar
    Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Nerd Town Central
    Posts
    12,231
    What a great interview. Cancer SUCKS. Lord knows, most all of us have experienced it in some way, shape or form in life.

    I hope he survives. I really hope and pray that he does.

    Justice for Travis


    Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

  10. #10
    Hopeful One's Avatar
    Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Nerd Town Central
    Posts
    12,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    If ABC puts it online, it really is worth watching. It's inspirational... it's not all sadness and dwelling on the emotional pain... he's a fighter and he admits that he is mad about it... that he deals with the "why me" stuff, but he is living his life and not bowing to the cancer.

    (I get where you are coming from... I haven't personally had cancer, but my nephew has dealt with brain cancer and the struggles he has gone through has left an emotional mark my life... but not once watching the interview with Patrick did I feel depressed by it. There are moments of tears... and there is sadness, at times, but overall it's an uplifting interview. I wish I had an ounce of his strength and determination... )
    Inspirational is right. My husband wanted to change the channel. Uh... scuze me?? This man very well may be DYING and you're just going to switch the channel to something more appealing? No. We will watch this man's journey.

    Justice for Travis


    Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,796
    Pancreatic cancer is one of the worsts with not much of a survival. We all need to love people going through this and let them know. They will tell the story and the horrific pain and we must be part of this for humanity's sake. We must always take the time to love and care for people who need help. It is the right human spirit and it is needed. Patrick is an uber hero and he knows the odds. He is laying the roadmap to keep trying and that is necessary. The fight is remarkable on his part. Bless you Patrick Swaze.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,150
    Patrick Swayze was so inspirational in this interview. (His wife is pretty awesome too!) I pray he is with us until a cure is found!

  13. #13
    poco's Avatar
    poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Flora-frickin-duh
    Posts
    38,905
    ~~~sigh~~~

    So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,021
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson View Post
    Pancreatic cancer is one of the worsts with not much of a survival. We all need to love people going through this and let them know. They will tell the story and the horrific pain and we must be part of this for humanity's sake. We must always take the time to love and care for people who need help. It is the right human spirit and it is needed. Patrick is an uber hero and he knows the odds. He is laying the roadmap to keep trying and that is necessary. The fight is remarkable on his part. Bless you Patrick Swaze.
    My MIL's gentleman friend was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a few years ago - he was yellow, having all sorts of problems, etc... I thought he was a goner, but now the cancer is completely gone - no sign of it - and he didn't do anything fancy.
    I do not intend to tiptoe through life only to arrive safely at death!

  15. #15
    OneLostGrl's Avatar
    OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Myrtle Beach
    Posts
    14,316
    I so love Patrick and am praying for him!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Barbara Walters Hospitalized After Fall
    By BetteDavisEyes in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-31-2013, 12:47 AM
  2. The Ramsey's Talk to Barbara Walters!
    By SunnieRN in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 09:08 AM
  3. Patrick Swayze has Pancreatic Cancer** UPDATE** PS has passed away RIP
    By MrsMush99 in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 335
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 09:05 AM
  4. Star Jones is right about Barbara Walters
    By AlwaysShocked in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 11:49 AM
  5. Barbara Walters Says Her Dog Talked to Her
    By englishleigh in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-13-2006, 10:04 AM