1025 users online (225 members and 800 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1170
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,145

    2009.01.08 Two Hearings 11:00 AM and 1:30 PM

    First time starting a thread - I didn't see this subject started yet so I thought I would go out on a limb and start one - nerve wracking to say the least!!! LOL

    Will these be on WESH or WFTV or TruTV?

    Anyone want to chime in on what will be denied and what will be granted?

    Starts in an hour............more to come...........

    Two Hearings Scheduled Thursday In Case Against Casey
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 – updated: 9:21 am EST January 8, 2009

    ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- There are two hearings scheduled Thursday at the Orange County courthouse in the case against Casey Anthony. The first hearing is concerning the civil case against Casey will be at 11:00am.

    Next week, Casey is scheduled to give a deposition in a defamation lawsuit filed by a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez. Casey's attorney is trying to delay the deposition until after the criminal case.


    The second hearing is at 1:30pm, which has to do with evidence in the murder trial. Defense attorneys have objected to a prosecutor's request to put restrictions on x-rays and photos needed for a second autopsy.

    Prosecutors said they don't want the pictures sold to the tabloids.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,145
    This is what will be argued today:

    This week, Baez is expected to get the photos taken from where Caylee's remains were found Dec. 11, 2008. He’ll also get photos from the toddler’s autopsy.

    State's Motion to Stay Order Disposing of Emergency Motion to Compel Photographs and X-Rays: PDF
    http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...d%20X-Rays.pdf

    Motion to Compel Unedited 911 Calls Made by Roy Kronk and Any Reports Related to Calls
    http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...to%20Calls.pdf

    Motion to Compel any and all Polygraphs Which the Defense Has Previously Requested and Been Awarded
    http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...%20Awarded.pdf

    Motion to Compel DNA Reports for George, Cindy and Lee Anthony
    http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...%20Anthony.pdf

    Demand for Discovery and Inspection Relating to Digital Forensic Evidence Obtained From Ricardo Morales
    http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...%20Morales.pdf

    Motion to Produce Hair for Inspection and Testing and All Related Notes and Reports
    http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...%20Reports.pdf

    Motion to Compel Fingerprint Report for George, Cindy, and Lee Anthony
    http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...%20Anthony.pdf

    Motion to Compel Investigative Reports on Zenaida Gonzalez
    http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...20Gonzalez.pdf

    Motion to Compel Maps, Photos and Reports of all Locations Searched by Law Enforcement for Caylee Marie Anthony
    http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...%20Anthony.pdf

    Motion to Compel Release of Investigative Interviews of George, Cindy, and Lee Anthony

    http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...%20Anthony.pdf

    Motion to Compel Release of Video Visitations of George and Cindy Anthony on August 14, 2008
    http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...14,%202008.pdf

    Motion to Compel Search Warrant Affidavits for December 11, 2008 and December 20, 2008 Searches Including Inventory of Items Seized and Warrants
    http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...20Warrants.pdf

    Motion to Compel Timeline, Communications and Related Notes of Law Enforcement's Interviw with Anthony Lazzaro
    http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...%20Lazzaro.pdf

    Motion to Compel Unedited Telephone Calls Made by Roy Kronk to Crimeline and Any Reports Related to Calls
    http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...to%20Calls.pdf

    Motion to Inspect Photographic Evidence and All Items Seized at Crime Scene
    http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...me%20Scene.pdf

    Article:
    http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2..._thursday.html

  3. #3
    TigerBalm's Avatar
    TigerBalm is offline Pray for all the missing and innocent people whose lives were taken too soon!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,189
    Local6 will be streaming live ... I am sure the other channels will as well.

    Local 6 (ClickOrlando)

    WFTV

    MyFoxOrlando

    CFNews13

    Wesh2
    Last edited by TigerBalm; 01-08-2009 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Added more stations
    When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time. ~ Maya Angelou

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,431
    Quote Originally Posted by trac View Post
    Will these be on WESH or WFTV or TruTV?

    Anyone want to chime in on what will be denied and what will be granted?

    Starts in an hour............more to come...........

    Two Hearings Scheduled Thursday In Case Against Casey
    Thursday, January 8, 2009 updated: 9:21 am EST January 8, 2009

    ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- There are two hearings scheduled Thursday at the Orange County courthouse in the case against Casey Anthony. The first hearing is concerning the civil case against Casey will be at 11:00am.

    Next week, Casey is scheduled to give a deposition in a defamation lawsuit filed by a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez. Casey's attorney is trying to delay the deposition until after the criminal case.


    The second hearing is at 1:30pm, which has to do with evidence in the murder trial. Defense attorneys have objected to a prosecutor's request to put restrictions on x-rays and photos needed for a second autopsy.

    Prosecutors said they don't want the pictures sold to the tabloids.
    I assume the judge at the 1:30 p.m. hearing (still Strickland?) will DENY the State's request to put restrictions on the x-rays and photos. I don't think the Judge will risk putting this case on appeal for this issue (i.e., it would be putting the defense at a disadvantage to force their experts to come to Baez's office to view and study any evidence especially since Baez is using out of state experts). I think the Judge will simply tell the defense in strongly worded language that the pictures better not get leaked.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,145
    Good to know thanks

    I'm wondering about the motion to compel Equasearch giving out all the volunteer information - those of you that went and volunteered, did you sign waivers allowing your information to be used by the defense or LE?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,145
    Quote Originally Posted by Theonly1 View Post
    I assume the judge at the 1:30 p.m. hearing (still Strickland?) will DENY the State's request to put restrictions on the x-rays and photos. I don't think the Judge will risk putting this case on appeal for this issue (i.e., it would be putting the defense at a disadvantage to force their experts to come to Baez's office to view and study any evidence especially since Baez is using out of state experts). I think the Judge will simply tell the defense in strongly worded language that the pictures better not get leaked.
    thats what experts are saying too - is there any precedence for doing this? Sometimes I wish I had a law library in my home for things like this!!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,206
    Great site to watch for both of Casey's hearings today live.
    www.wkmg.com

  8. #8
    Hopeful One's Avatar
    Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Nerd Town Central
    Posts
    12,231
    I'm at work so I can't watch. A big TIA to anyone who can give a blow-by-blow for us unfortunates stuck in Cube Hell!

    Justice for Travis


    Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    behind the Orange Curtain
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Theonly1 View Post
    I assume the judge at the 1:30 p.m. hearing (still Strickland?) will DENY the State's request to put restrictions on the x-rays and photos. I don't think the Judge will risk putting this case on appeal for this issue (i.e., it would be putting the defense at a disadvantage to force their experts to come to Baez's office to view and study any evidence especially since Baez is using out of state experts). I think the Judge will simply tell the defense in strongly worded language that the pictures better not get leaked.
    i think you are right - on a side note i did hear on one of the news shows last night that once these photos etc get into the hands of the experts they are no longer held under the same restrictions that Baez is...so they could turn around and sell them.
    Candice
    all my posts are MOO

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    behind the Orange Curtain
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by trac View Post
    Good to know thanks

    I'm wondering about the motion to compel Equasearch giving out all the volunteer information - those of you that went and volunteered, did you sign waivers allowing your information to be used by the defense or LE?
    this is a GREAT question...
    Candice
    all my posts are MOO


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799
    Quote Originally Posted by trac View Post
    Good to know thanks

    I'm wondering about the motion to compel Equasearch giving out all the volunteer information - those of you that went and volunteered, did you sign waivers allowing your information to be used by the defense or LE?
    Interesting. I know I need major amounts of coffee this morning, but I'm not seeing that motion. Which one is it? TIA.

    ETA: nevermind, I found it.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    253
    Just got an email that WFTV.com will have it live as well.

  13. #13
    TigerBalm's Avatar
    TigerBalm is offline Pray for all the missing and innocent people whose lives were taken too soon!
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,189
    TruTv discussing the motions right now.
    When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time. ~ Maya Angelou

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    530

    In session / tru tv

    Discussing the hearings now- they have Zaneida on right now- Lisa Bloom and Jean are discussing the case-
    ~Wake Me Up When This Nightmare is Over~

  15. #15
    justbeachy's Avatar
    justbeachy is offline "It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond; that was rhetorical."
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    1,561
    Quote Originally Posted by trac View Post
    Good to know thanks

    I'm wondering about the motion to compel Equasearch giving out all the volunteer information - those of you that went and volunteered, did you sign waivers allowing your information to be used by the defense or LE?

    I can only speak for myself, but the only thing I signed at the time of volunteering (I volunteered both in Sept and Nov) was the "Volunteer Registration Agreement" which can be found on the TES website. I have since become a member of TES which required different paperwork, but at the time of volunteering I only filled out the one form (I had to fill out a new form each month I searched, but not each DAY I searched...does that make sense?).

    I'll be interested to hear the outcome of that request!

    ~Michelle

Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. DCF Shelter Hearings
    By MsJosie in forum Dr. Teresa Sievers
    Replies: 883
    Last Post: 05-16-2016, 01:57 PM
  2. Thanks to WS'ers who Post During Hearings
    By ScubaTwinn in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 05-21-2011, 10:07 AM