940 users online (177 members and 763 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

If you give your spouse a kidney, can you later charge her for it?

Richard Batista can live with his broken heart. He just can't bear his cheating wife living with his healthy kidney.

The Long Island doctor wants the one-time love of his life to pay $1.5 million for the organ he bestowed on her eight years ago in a gift meant to save her life and their foundering marriage.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...sta_to_es.html

Yikes. Wasn't adultery against the law once upon a time?

Im with him on this one just because she did cheat lol she should have left the marriage if she wasnt happy.
    Too bad he cant sue her for chustody of the kids and win since she was unfaithful.....of course this is only his side of the story

I think the husband just wants to humiliate his ex wife. I can't imagine the betrayal he must have felt. I think he filed suit to show the world his ex wife is a no good tramp.

I feel for him and think he's pretty darn creative!

LOL, now see I am siding with the woman! With a guy like this, why wouldn't she cheat?

He gave her his kidney- but he says openly that it was to save an ailing marriage (and because it made him feel good) he didn't say he would do anything to save her life. Then when the marriage ends- he wants to charge her for the gift he gave her?

I would question whether he used that gift during the marriage, as a tool to hold her in the marriage? You know, if she hinted or talked about leaving then him using the guilt factor- after all he had done for her!

He is a surgeon-ya know, the God complex thing. He saved her, now he owns her.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    He is a surgeon-ya know, the God complex thing. He saved her, now he owns her.
    He gave her the kidney knowing the marriage was failing....going with the God complex....he thinks she owes him her life. Imagine if all donors took his stance.

Those who live in glass kidney's shouldn't throw stones

This dude's a dumbazz.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
    ~ Albert Einstein ~

This is supposed to be a man of science and yet he actually thinks that you can repossess a bodily organ like you would a vehicle. If this is an insight into his personality , well, maybe I can understand why his wife might stray.

Well, they had three kids, he didn't carry them so I guess she could charge him a surrogate fee.
    They must have had sex, what's the going rate for that these days? Housekeeping, watching the kids, doing the marketing, walking the pets, filing the mail, vacation planning; can she charge for those too?

Don't forget keeping the social calendar, providing emotional support, hostessing duties.

I somehow don't think that a person can charge another person for a donated organ.

Selling or profiting from organs given to another in good faith and without an financial incentive is illegal.

No wonder this women wants to divorce him, he does seem like a real winner.

So I hope she hand him an invoice for every dish she washed, every shirt she ironed, every errand she ran, ever party she hosted, anything that dhe did for the benefit of her husband.

In my opinion he will owe her money........

I understand his hurt and humiliation that his wife cheated on him (if she did). The kidney was a gift and can't be taken back. He just wants to humiliate her (nationally) and hopefully get the amount of money that he claims the kidney is worth. He's a doctor; you know he probably doesn't need the money.

Kinda reminds me of the idiot judge that wanted to sue for a crazy amount for not getting his pants from the dry cleaner on time.

Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    Those who live in glass kidney's shouldn't throw stones
    LOL!!!

I would give this man my kidney- it gets stones. Poetic Justice eh?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast