Identified! GA - Newton, WhtFem 522UFGA, 25-30, red white & blue bandanna, May'85 Mary Anga "Angie" Cowan

future criminologist

Reaction score
sorry if this is a duplicate thread - I did a search and didn't find her anywhere.

there is a lot of information on this UID, it seems like it should be solvable. she seems like she has such a recognizable face too.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/522ufga.html

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/images/522UFGA.jpg[IMG]

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on May 24, 1985 in Newton, Baker County, Georgia

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 25-30 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1"-5'4"; 110-120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown with blonde highlights hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: Stretch marks on abdomen and buttocks.
Clothing: Gray t-shirt; "Britannia" blue jeans; white “Keds” sneakers, white socks, red white and blue bandana.
Other: Laundry tag in jeans had name Allison Milles
Personal Effects: White pillow, similar to those found in hotels.
Case History
The victim was located along Highway 91 near the City of Newton, 15 miles south of Albany in Baker County, Georgia on May 24, 1985

sorry if this is a duplicate thread - I did a search and didn't find her anywhere.

there is a lot of information on this UID, it seems like it should be solvable. she seems like she has such a recognizable face too.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/522ufga.html

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on May 24, 1985 in Newton, Baker County, Georgia

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 25-30 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'1"-5'4"; 110-120 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown with blonde highlights hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: Stretch marks on abdomen and buttocks.
Clothing: Gray t-shirt; "Britannia" blue jeans; white “Keds” sneakers, white socks, red white and blue bandana.
Other: Laundry tag in jeans had name Allison Milles
Personal Effects: White pillow, similar to those found in hotels.
Case History
The victim was located along Highway 91 near the City of Newton, 15 miles south of Albany in Baker County, Georgia on May 24, 1985

if I find any matches, I'll post them later (I'm trying to wrap up things at work now).

and I've already found one - I think Billie Jean Hall might be a good match! everything is there - strong resemblance, height, weight, hair, eyes, even the abdominal scar. and it makes sense that if she was driving back to Maryland from Florida, she'd meet with foul play along the way in Georgia.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/hall_billie.html

Very possible - she fits the timeline and possible that her route was either south or north on I-75 rather than I-95. The DOE file did not mention evidence of facial or oral reconstructive work; Billy Jean Hall had extensive work done following a car accident. Rule nothing out at this point!

Very possible - she fits the timeline and possible that her route was either south or north on I-75 rather than I-95. The DOE file did not mention evidence of facial or oral reconstructive work; Billy Jean Hall had extensive work done following a car accident. Rule nothing out at this point!

I considered that, but the rest of the facts matched up too much for me to ignore it. How reliable, and updated, is Doe Network? is it possible that any of the UID's have already been ID'd a long time ago? I don't know, I guess I'm just apprehensive to call anything in - I've never done it before, I'm kind of scared to.

also, I've never submitted on a UID case before, so I have questions for those who have - do you just call the detective and say "i'm a volunteer on websleuths and I think it's this person"? do you submit it as a tip online? I don't want them to think I'm somehow involved or have "information' - I just want to submit it as a possibility, in the easiest way possible.

also, I've never submitted on a UID case before, so I have questions for those who have - do you just call the detective and say "i'm a volunteer on websleuths and I think it's this person"? do you submit it as a tip online? I don't want them to think I'm somehow involved or have "information' - I just want to submit it as a possibility, in the easiest way possible.

Hi Future Criminologist,

First thing you want to do is call about the UID and see if she has the same medical listings as are for Billy Jean Hall. Here is what I say when I call: I first ask to speak to someone who handles missing and unidentified person cases (whichever I am inquiring about) Hello, My name is ____ and I search the internet for missing and unidentified persons in my free time. I am calling today in regards to an UID that is listed with your agency, ____ (give the date of discovery for UID's or the name of the missing person along with the date of disappearance. Then you will want to ask if this uid has any of the medical issues listed with Billy Jean's case. You may be asked "what agency you are with " you are just a volunteer and you can mention you are involved with Websleuths.
If it turns out this uid has similar medical listings, then you go forward with " I have a possible match that I would like you to take a look at" I always have the case # , the whole case actually infront of me when I call. You'll need to give them the contact info for the comparing case.

Hope this helps,

I hope you don't mind but i did a side by side of the two. I think it is very much a possibility.

sidebjhgadoe.jpg

For this unidentified female, the Office handling the investigation is Georgia Bureau of Investigations, and the only way to send in possible matches is through their online form, go here.... http://gbi.georgia.gov/00/article/0,2086,67862954_74028035_88596314,00.html and fill out the form, this information goes to the medical examiners email, or you can call (912)225-4090, be sure to give them NCIC # U-159449883 (btw,On this same page, they have a list of UID's that have & do not have DNA available matches.)
Or you may contact the Charley Project (by email) & they will get it to correct people, also, be sure to put NCIC or Case number(for both) on any thing you send them.
I hope this helps! Be sure to let us hear (rather read), as soon as you know something, looks like it could be her.
I found a Allison Hildebrand, that graduated in 1974, married a Milles, she now lives in Ohio, that info was good as of 1994, so it's not her, but, it could have been a classmate that "borrowed" a pair of jeans from her. We could write her, I guess & ask if she had a friend dissappear in 1985, this lady does a lot of marathons & consults in the designing of sportswear for same....Mmmm! She does have a email contact if you would like for me to do that,I'm more than willing. Just let me know!

If you all have any submissions that need done through GBI, please email or PM believe09 or myself, we have contacts there at the Missing Clearing House with LTWH. We can 'hand' them right in. :D

ETA...I had some 'business' with GBI today and I discussed this match with them. The file has been pulled, comparison of stats being done between Billy Jean and UID...with credit to you all of course!

This should be an easy rule in/out based on Billy Jeans medical record.

I also emailed link to them for K. Randall, I saw it after I spoke with them, since they are pulling file, why not!?!

Asked for a list of rule outs...if any.

FC, have you heard anything on your end?

ETA...I had some 'business' with GBI today and I discussed this match with them. The file has been pulled, comparison of stats being done between Billy Jean and UID...with credit to you all of course!

This should be an easy rule in/out based on Billy Jeans medical record.

I also emailed link to them for K. Randall, I saw it after I spoke with them, since they are pulling file, why not!?!

Asked for a list of rule outs...if any.

FC, have you heard anything on your end?

WOW - thanks so much!

truth be told - I was given the phone # of the Cold Case detective and was planning on calling him but...got caught up in stuff at work and didn't get around to it until this week. I was actually about to call tonight when I read your note.

fingers crossed!!!

has she been considered?

Doenetwork Case File 938DFTX

She was kidnapped in Oct of 1984 and her parents received calls demanding ransom, so it stands to reason she could have been held for 6 months, kept in a hotel, given second hand clothes.

Attachments

• M8803022.jpg
    M8803022.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 362

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members