646 users online (97 members and 549 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

"Caylee Is Missing" Myspace Discussions

I keep seeing this over and over no matter who states facts about this, I wonder if it warrants a thread because other threads get so huge that it's hard to find the answers at times.

The rumor or whatever you want to call it, misinformation, is that the caylee is missing myspace page was created before caylee went missing.

This is a fact. if you go here and look on the left side, there used to be the date the myspace was created which was before June 16, 2008. (they changed it in blog options, probably after reading this rumour themselves, so you no longer can see the creation date...I dont blame them a bit)

I forget the exact date, I am sure someone has it screenshotted, I do not.

People keep gasping and churning because once you make a myspace, and set your own URL, the URL cannot be changed. ever. Fact.

Well, if you make a myspace and do not ever set the url, then later, you can set it later to whatever you want. Fact.

If I made a myspace right now, then left it blank, did utterly nothing, I could in 4 years time set the URL to the winning lottery numbers, for example, and everyone could view my blog stating the myspace was made 4 years previously and then I could make a lot of money running 900 numbers.

So please. While there are so many suspicious and dirty things about this case, that is not one of them!

I dont know why, out of all the misinformation floating about that I and others patiently try to correct, this annoys me more than anything

I never heard that but I want to know why they would create this myspace page before June 16th? Can you explain this to me to help me understand? What are your theories and/facts about this? I'm just curious.

Appreciate you laying this out so clearly and accurately. Misconceptions are cluttering up a lot of other threads. Nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by 2goldfish View Post
    I keep seeing this over and over no matter who states facts about this, I wonder if it warrants a thread because other threads get so huge that it's hard to find the answers at times.

The rumor or whatever you want to call it, misinformation, is that the caylee is missing myspace page was created before caylee went missing.

This is a fact. if you go here and look on the left side, there used to be the date the myspace was created which was before June 16, 2008. (they changed it in blog options, probably after reading this rumour themselves, so you no longer can see the creation date...I dont blame them a bit)

I forget the exact date, I am sure someone has it screenshotted, I do not.

People keep gasping and churning because once you make a myspace, and set your own URL, the URL cannot be changed. ever. Fact.

Well, if you make a myspace and do not ever set the url, then later, you can set it later to whatever you want. Fact.

If I made a myspace right now, then left it blank, did utterly nothing, I could in 4 years time set the URL to the winning lottery numbers, for example, and everyone could view my blog stating the myspace was made 4 years previously and then I could make a lot of money running 900 numbers.

So please. While there are so many suspicious and dirty things about this case, that is not one of them!

I dont know why, out of all the misinformation floating about that I and others patiently try to correct, this annoys me more than anything

Maybe the confusion is that CA wrote the Caylee is missing m/s message before the 911 calls?

The only issue I have with this is the fact that you can choose to wait as long as you want, to select a myspace URL. It does not have to be selected when you create an acount, in fact if you never chose to set a url that is also acceptable and you are assigned a "friend id" right away and can change your "display name" at will.

So her sign up date could very well have been that old, and she merely chose to wait to assign a permanent url until July, or merely changed her display name at that time to reflect the new title.

Rest assured though, if she did create it long ago it will come up at trial.
    1: Forge as many stolen checks as possible
    2: Buy Beer, Lingerie and more Beer
    3: Enter "Hot Bod" contest; for "investigative purposes"
    4: "Dirty Dance" with female friends
    5: Practice poking self in eye repeatedly to produce "tears"
    6: Alienate squirrel population of U.S.
    7. Have cheesy, happy Italian words tattooed on your body to properly accessorize "grief"
    8. Go directly to jail

Quote Originally Posted by suspicious1 View Post
    I never heard that but I want to know why they would create this myspace page before June 16th? Can you explain this to me to help me understand? What are your theories and/facts about this? I'm just curious.
    What happens is when you create your myspace page, you can set the url then or after the fact(it gives you a warning that it will be permanent). So this was at one time just Casey's regular myspace. When they went through and changed it to the " Caylee is Missing Page " they then finally decided to create a url for it.
    My myspace still to this day has no permanent url. It is over 3 years old. I could go in tomorrow and set one if I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by MommaShark View Post
    What happens is when you create your myspace page, you can set the url then or after the fact(it gives you a warning that it will be permanent). So this was at one time just Casey's regular myspace. When they went through and changed it to the " Caylee is Missing Page " they then finally decided to create a url for it.
    My myspace still to this day has no permanent url. It is over 3 years old. I could go in tomorrow and set one if I wanted.
    Yes, exactly my point. You can choose not to select a permanent url.

Which incidentally is helpful also if you are trying to stay "below the radar" so to speak.
    7. Have cheesy, happy Italian words tattooed on your body to properly accessorize "grief"
    8. Go directly to jail

Quote Originally Posted by Imajica View Post
    The only issue I have with this is the fact that you can choose to wait as long as you want, to select a myspace URL. It does not have to be selected when you create an acount, in fact if you never chose to set a url that is also acceptable and you are assigned a "friend id" right away and can change your "display name" at will.

So her sign up date could very well have been that old, and she merely chose to wait to assign a permanent url until July, or merely changed her display name at that time to reflect the new title.

Rest assured though, if she did create it long ago it will come up at trial.

Somewhat validated, or at least stated as hearsay already:

CA also spoke about it in one of her interviews, but I can't recall which one. Basically she was asked what KC did after getting home early in the a.m. of July 16th after going on her first road trip with LE. CA said KC showered, and they worked on creating the Caylee is Missing my space page and getting further text messages out to KC's friends. Then KC napped until LE came back and picked KC back up around 11:00ish a.m.

The reason I recall this so well, is because CA made it more about herself than anything else. She went on for a bit about how she 'can't do all the computer stuff...' It struck me as such an odd bit of input in the context of the question. I learned to get used to that quirk...

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoHead View Post

Then KC napped until LE came back and picked KC back up around 11:00ish a.m.
    That's ^^ the part that always screamed like howler monkeys to me! Because I honestly cannot think of one person who would even be CAPABLE of taking a NAP the day that they report their precious family member MISSING, and certainly not while awaiting the police to return for further questioning!! So many things become a priority in your mind under those circumstances, and I am here to tell you "beauty sleep" just isn't on the list.

Not to mention Casey knew all of her vast and glorious lies about working and such were about to be found out by LE.

How in the CARP could she feel like a nap??

Why oh why didn't anyone in that nut house think this was one of the first honking red flags??
    8. Go directly to jail

There has been so many interviews, stories and shows done on Caylee, I don't remember where I saw this or heard it but here is my recollection of why the page was created before july 16.

It was Casey's page. She changed all the info on the 16 to make it about Caylee, but it was her account that she was using before july 16.

I recall looking at it and it said woman, 22 yrs old. That stayed.

Hope this helps !
    Last edited by jomasano; 01-10-2009 at 10:31 AM. Reason: orthograph

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    That's ^^ the part that always screamed like howler monkeys to me! Because I honestly cannot think of one person who would even be CAPABLE of taking a NAP the day that they report their precious family member MISSING, and certainly not while awaiting the police to return for further questioning!! So many things become a priority in your mind under those circumstances, and I am here to tell you "beauty sleep" just isn't on the list.

Not to mention Casey knew all of her vast and glorious lies about working and such were about to be found out by LE.

Why oh why didn't anyone in that nut house think this was one of the first honking red flags??
    Funny you mention that, because the first thing I thought when I read this was "A SHOWER?????", "A NAP?????. I would have been a blubbering idiot, incapable of doing anything -- but then again, it had been 30 days since Caylee went missing so maybe she already when through all the phases of grief.
    Last edited by poco; 01-10-2009 at 09:27 AM.

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

From the Bond Hearing

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoHead View Post
    Somewhat validated, or at least stated as hearsay already:

CA also spoke about it in one of her interviews, but I can't recall which one. Basically she was asked what KC did after getting home early in the a.m. of July 16th after going on her first road trip with LE. CA said KC showered, and they worked on creating the Caylee is Missing my space page and getting further text messages out to KC's friends. Then KC napped until LE came back and picked KC back up around 11:00ish a.m.

The reason I recall this so well, is because CA made it more about herself than anything else. She went on for a bit about how she 'can't do all the computer stuff...' It struck me as such an odd bit of input in the context of the question. I learned to get used to that quirk...
    I believe you're talking about when CA was on the stand for the Bond hearing; I just watched part of that about a week ago (because I had never seen it) and she said exactly what you had posted... that they both worked on getting the word out to KCs friends via the computer, but KC had done all that because CA didn't know at that 'computer stuff'.

CA is such an arrogant person! Kept reminding the court (ad nauseum) that she was tired from lact of sleep.... JUST ANSWER THE DANG QUESTIONS CINDY! SHEESH. She really had no respect for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by poco View Post
    but then again, it had been 30 days since Caylee went missing so maybe she already when through all the phases of grief.
    Ah yes, the Ten Phases of Grief according to Casey:

Phase One: Look for ways to make weapons at home
    Phase Two: Learn how to break a neck
    Phase Three: Kill innocent toddler to facilitate prior grieving process
    Phase Four: Forge hot check at bank; remember to sign own name
    Phase Five: The "Lingerie Phase"
    Phase Six: Enter "Hot Bod" contest; wear waterproof mascara in case of tears while "investigating"
    Phase Seven: Dirty Dance with female friends
    Phase Eight: Learn to rapidly poke self in eye in order to produce "tears"
    Phase Nine: Alienate entire squirrel population of Southern USA
    Phase Ten: Rinse, Repeat

8. Go directly to jail

To be fair to Casey, she had been up all night. I don't think she "felt" like a nap; I think she was pretty much exhausted and "needed" to get some rest. Not a "red flag" at all.

And yes, I totally believe Casey killed Caylee. I'm not being sympathetic, I just don't think she needs bashing on that point.
    As I received information, and relayed it to the defendant after her arrest, she continued to claim ignorance and at times, laughed at the situation. She still failed to show any outward signs of remorse or concern for her missing two year old daughter.
    --Yuri Melich, arrest warrant, July 16, 2008

Ah yes, the Ten Phases of Grief according to Casey:

Phase One: Look for ways to make weapons at home
    Phase Two: Learn how to break a neck
    Phase Three: Kill innocent toddler to facilitate prior grieving process
    Phase Four: Forge hot check at bank; remember to sign own name
    Phase Five: The "Lingerie Phase"
    Phase Six: Enter "Hot Bod" contest; wear waterproof mascara in case of tears while "investigating"
    Phase Seven: Dirty Dance with female friends
    Phase Eight: Learn to rapidly poke self in eye in order to produce "tears"
    Phase Nine: Alienate entire squirrel population of Southern USA
    Phase Ten: Rinse, Repeat

Thank you so much for the needed giggle. My favorite is "Phase Eight: Learn to rapidly poke self in eye in order to produce tears"... That is exactly what I thought she was doing in that final presser with JB. I'll bet Elisabeth Kubler-Ross is turning over in her grave.
    Last edited by lastchance; 01-10-2009 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Thought of snarky comment.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast