975 users online (184 members and 791 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by snowflakeinorlando View Post
    I'm new here at this site. I just have one question. This man's only getting 3.75 years for committing this murder?!!

Welcome!! In a nutshell, when the event occurred, Walker had a defender and a County Attorney (the equivalent of a DA) who made a deal that included a clause that Walker would never be prosecuted for any other charge associated with the incident if he would sign the deal which made him guilty of leaving the scene of an accident rather than the manslaughter/possession charges he was facing. What none of them knew at the time was that Walker was using an alias and was on probation in Washington State for felony level crimes at the time he tossed Tawni from the car. Walker was let out of jail after serving 4 months of his sentence and fled the state.

The key to the actual crime was ID'ing the victim. Once that happened last year, detectives could work backwards and discovered not only the alias (one of many the perp used) but also that Tawni was killed within hours of being taken from the home by the perp. SOOOOO, the judge's hands were tied by the previous plea deal-HOWEVER, in AZ she could take into consideration "aggravating factors" such as the aliases and the depravity of the offense, and extend his sentence to the maximum allowed by AZ law...an additional 1.45 years.

As hard as this is to believe on the surface, just the fact that the victim's advocate attorneys and the new County Attorney were able to convene a Special Jury Trial to discuss the aggravators was a MIRACLE-given the expense being put forth for an extra less than 2 years, there was big incentive to just ignore it. As a side note, the jury for the special trial were unaware of the time that the perp was facing-they assumed it would be a substantial sentence. I was told that they stayed to watch him be sentenced after returning the verdict and they were horrified.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

It is horrifying believe! I'm still stunned by it all. And all of the hard work you and others have done on this case. Its sickening. I guess there is no new news, huh? So the POS is actually in jail as we speak, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BeavisMom62 View Post
    It is horrifying believe! I'm still stunned by it all. And all of the hard work you and others have done on this case. Its sickening. I guess there is no new news, huh? So the POS is actually in jail as we speak, right?
    He is in jail...wondering if there are other young women out there who have been terrorized by him?
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2